AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 81 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22875 Topics
404260 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17768
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11195
MarkSJohnson 10878
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Page 83 of 83 < 1 2 ... 81 82 83
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407223 - 09/15/14 02:20 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: Murph]
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
Originally Posted By: Murph
Sorry pal. Could just be Jim Cuddy's voice, or the slide guitar sound that is not a slide guitar but an organ played like a slide guitar, but it's just too country for me.

Sorry to be an individual.

There, I said "sorry" twice. Is that Canadian enough for ya?

LOL
I think one more sorry will let you back into the country.
It's funny, i heard not once but twice someone screaming from the crowd, at two different locations, "Jim Cuddy i want your babies".

#407224 - 09/15/14 02:31 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: medic8r]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
Should have used your inside voice, maybe. snicker.

#407226 - 09/15/14 02:36 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: Murph]
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
Should have used your inside voice, maybe. snicker.

I couldn't resist but yes, you are right, i did actually scream that once myself so technically there were 3 occasions that night which Jim Cuddy heard people wanting his babies.

wink

Edited by chesseroo (09/15/14 02:36 PM)

#407330 - 09/19/14 04:07 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: medic8r]
Nachosgrande Offline
local

Loc: New York
Last night saw the new incarnation of the mighty King Crimson, at Best Buy Theater in NYC. Complete with three front line drummers, Mel Collins, Tony Levin, Jakko Jakszyk and Mr Fripp. Lots of material from the early-mid 70's, songs which haven't been played in 40 years. Much different from their recent 2008 tour, which focused on 80's double-trio configuration

Amazing performance, the synchonzation of the percussion group in "surround sound" with the L-C-R beat patterns, dizzying array of sound textures at first seeming paradoxic, but belying an overall groove.

Make every effort to catch this show, although its in limited cities as of now.

#407374 - Yesterday at 09:17 AM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: medic8r]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Friday night a group of us went out for a light Supper at The Old Dublin Pub and then it was off to the PEI Shellfish Festival where we enjoyed samples of shellfish in all sorts of manner. What we went for primarily though was Celtic rock band "The Stanfields" who played later that night.

The Stanfields are like an exploding, human, party bomb from the very first song. The best part, perhaps even better than witnessing a Mandolin and a Bouzouki player right along side an electric guitarist and bassist, is how fun it is to see the older folks up by the stage and dancing right along the younger crowd.

You don't get much more of a Maritime night out than this. Total fun!

#407377 - Yesterday at 02:23 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: medic8r]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
So, based on your recommendation, I've been enjoying The Stanfields via YouTube all morning. Great stuff. I really appreciate bands that can integrate some humor (Dirtiest Drunk in the History of Liquor seems like a classic). The arrangements and instrumentation are right up my alley, too. But they may not have staying power in my rotation because the lead singer's voice just doesn't make me feel good. It's a personal thing. Perhaps he will grow on me.

Thanks for the great recommendation!

#407378 - Yesterday at 02:26 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: medic8r]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Ya, he's a bit gruff sounding. It's better live where the gruffness adds to the whole drunken fishing village experience thing they go for instead of grating on you.

#407379 - Yesterday at 02:45 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: medic8r]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Yeah, it's hard to channel "drunken fishing village" in my office. Most days.

#407380 - Yesterday at 04:01 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: Murph]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Massachusetts Badlands
Celtic rock band

I'm not entirely sure, but I'll bet that's an oxymoron. If anyone says U2 or Delamitri, I will come to your house and empty all of your cereal boxes out onto your shag carpet. No! In between your sheets!

Page 83 of 83 < 1 2 ... 81 82 83

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.