AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (SuzanneWGibso, CV), 52 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13329 Members
11 Forums
22920 Topics
405204 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13340
CV 11236
MarkSJohnson 10941
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by JohnK @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

Fred, I'd agree that those owners who didn't receive the email should check directly with Axiom if they're interested in taking advantage of the offer. One point that indicates that this wasn't intended to be narrowly limited is that the email states
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Maybe I should start a v4.0 build thread somewhere by Hansang @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

Well, the Audyssey guys always said, go with Wides first because it'll have more impact than heights. I guess it's the same idea? But ultimately, I guess it'll be individual preference (mono vs multipole) hsb
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from vp100 on-wall to vp150 on-wall by newf @ Yesterday at 07:49 PM

we were talking on wall models .
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 05:46 PM

Oh man. You have the power! Just wait!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ Yesterday at 05:12 PM

Woot! Projetrory thingy shipped.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by fredk @ Yesterday at 05:11 PM

You can always call Axiom and ask. I never got the offer either, but I don't think they have a valid email addy for me any more. I would expect that this is why you did not receive one.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What will I gain with these upgrades by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 04:56 PM

No. not everybody got an offer. I've not been a long standing customer but have dropped in excess of $5000 in the past year with Axiom, so it can't be based on sales amount that they cut people from the list. I might have picked up a sub or someth
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

New Stuff is fun! Good for you, Mark. This thread is exactly the sort of thing that makes this such a great place. Except, it makes me miss Bob.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from vp100 on-wall to vp150 on-wall by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

One improvement of the VP150 over the VP100 you will miss just by turning it up. The VP150 actually plays frequencies that are just a little lower than the VP100. This was an enhancement to male vocals. I know because I've used both. If I had to go
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from vp100 on-wall to vp150 on-wall by fredk @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

I'm so glad I skipped the VP100/150 and went directly to the dual M2s. I seldom have issues with dialog. I do think that either the VP160 or VP180 would be a further improvement though.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by michael_d @ Yesterday at 12:10 PM

Thank you. I've passed the BDP-103D model number to someone who knows someone in Santa's house.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 12:09 PM

I might try to add blocking between the joists and run the test again. If still bad I'll add plywood to the underside and omit the resilient channel for that small section. 1/2" drywall would work and would be invisible after completion. Grea
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowI like your rack idea. I have to ceiling mount in this case because eventually we may do 2 rows of seating. Head shadows are the worry here. I have to get the projector closer to the future planned "bar stool
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from vp100 on-wall to vp150 on-wall by Stsalomon90 @ Yesterday at 11:22 AM

Thanks all, this is helpful input. Perhaps this week I will try simply increasing the center channel and see how I like that across various sources. That is certainly cheaper...
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 11:20 AM

I was thinking about it last night... Consider the current depth of your floor joists, use one size smaller spanning the same direction as the current, these would be supported at each end but not connected to the existing floor. Only the PJ would be
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Maybe I should start a v4.0 build thread somewhere by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 10:50 AM

So I was watching the video below yesterday about how to set up a room and speakers for "immersive audio" like Dolby Atmos, and I was surprised by what I heard. The guest was talking about how they are getting a much better be
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from vp100 on-wall to vp150 on-wall by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 10:00 AM

I went from an in/on-wall VP100 to an in/on-wall VP150 to an in-cabinet VP160. I considered each one an improvement over the other.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Bless me Father for I have sinned.... by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 09:50 AM

I have the 103 with Darby. Love it.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Maybe I should start a v4.0 build thread somewhere by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: fredkSomebody has to have more speakers on the wall than catbrat. Keep them suckers! Only 9 speakers on the wall + subwoofer.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade from vp100 on-wall to vp150 on-wall by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 08:05 AM

I find that I need to keep the CC a few dB "hot", as do many others here. I noted that my new receiver even has a shortcut to raise the CC to increase intelligibility. I liken the dialog mix to Hollywood's version of the loudness wars. D
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 08:02 AM

Nice, TAM!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 06:57 AM

I like your rack idea. I have to ceiling mount in this case because eventually we may do 2 rows of seating. Head shadows are the worry here. I have to get the projector closer to the future planned "bar stool row" behind the couch.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 02:27 AM

Mrs Claus just authorized me to Trade Up my standard black finish M22v3s to High Gloss Rosewood V4s to go with my EP-800s. Axiom's generous Trade Up program makes it worthwhile. Now, how to spend my $250 Gift Certificate by the end of Nov, ha!...

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.