Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Home Theater Jump to new posts
Re: Wave Form Bass New Tech Hambrabi 04/24/24 11:52 PM
I'm not sure the room compensation programs of mass market AVR's will do much. I leave the Onkyo AccuEQ off; it makes a slightly audible difference, but not one favorably better or worse. But running the calibration program will enable basic bass management such as phase alignment at the microphone position. It doesn't turn off unless you enable direct/pure mode.

PSB's Paul Barton discussed room correction in recent podcast (time cued). Bigger rooms don't seem to benefit as much as smaller rooms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcqTK0rwEPI&t=1079s
4 34 Read More
Re: Wave Form Bass New Tech Kodiak 04/24/24 11:05 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yes those conditions and all still apply for 2 channel. Sounds amazing with straight 2.2 channel with my beefy Hafler amp and pre. I have an old pair of paradigm monitor 9 in that basement space now and m60ti are back upstairs in the big room. Sorry I forgot to mention the change in setup, y’all don’t live in my house, how would you know otherwise!! Ha.

But with the Yamaha AVR now in there with the monitor 9’s it’s not as good while watching movies. It’s not that it sucks at all in fact it’s pretty good but I can tell that it could be better.

I just downloaded the manual for the AVR. Wow. ALOT of menus and settings to go through to get the this unit setup properly. I havent tried anything yet but I think there’s likely a solution with in the AVR itself. There’s various DSP and other settings / filters that may be affecting it all. I will report back when I get time to dig into it. I will checkout the apps you suggested too.
4 34 Read More
Re: Wave Form Bass New Tech rrlev 04/24/24 10:48 PM
Yes for the price of new mid-priced car you too can have something you didn’t know you needed till now …
Ok … I’ll admit … I want it but not enough to pay for it …
My next car, probably a low end Prius, would come in at under 30k usd which I don’t think would cover the cost of a 32 channel Trinnov let alone the subs.

On the bright side other room correction players are also making noises on this front …
4 34 Read More
Re: Wave Form Bass New Tech Hambrabi 04/24/24 10:24 PM
I'm assuming these conditions from a previous post are still applicable?

https://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/u...ow-my-speakers-sound-bad-help#Post447434

I still recommend the SubZone app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store for $1. It's very limited in functionality but you get to trial a bunch of listening positions and sub locations to get a gist of what the room is doing at bass frequencies.

Things are dialed in today. But I played around with places i used to live in, and none of the ideal sub placement suggestions were decor friendly. Anecdotally, I swore off full range tower loudspeakers because I just couldn't tame the standing waves when placed for best soundstage or decor-friendliness. This was years before my first AVR and the miracle of internal electronic crossover settings, so you might have a different experience.
4 34 Read More

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441