Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
3 registered (fredk, ClubNeon, CV), 118 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12675 Members
11 Forums
22680 Topics
400418 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17695
pmbuko 16222
SirQuack 13311
CV 11055
MarkSJohnson 10670
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, MarkSJohnson! by Ray3 @ Yesterday at 03:44 PM

Happy Birthday!!!
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: The 13 year loyalist by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

Welcome back, and thank you for telling your story!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Receiver - Which One - Budget in Mind. by wilwom @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-s.../airplay/1.html Says last one buy now. Has multi eq xt but not xt32. Refurb.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? by fredk @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

You'd go to a peep show with Bob? You are a brave man.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, MarkSJohnson! by fredk @ Yesterday at 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: BBIBHIt would seem appropriate to hijack this thread as a tribute.....ok, Happy Birthday instead! :-) You know, we could turn this into the 'recommend and old guy test for Mark on his birthday' thread. I'm sure he'd like that.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, MarkSJohnson! by BBIBH @ Yesterday at 02:38 PM

It would seem appropriate to hijack this thread as a tribute.....ok, Happy Birthday instead! :-)
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: The 13 year loyalist by fredk @ Yesterday at 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: aquashankar Do I intend to upgrade? No. I have what I need and more in these speakers. Indeed. Its fun to see all the things that Axiom is up to, but all I need to do is put on some of my favourite tunes and maybe a rumbl
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, MarkSJohnson! by fredk @ Yesterday at 02:26 PM

... and don't forget that gal bladder check. Happy Birthday.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by fredk @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Andrew[quote=fredk] The revisions centre around lowering tuning frequencies to take advantage of the larger cabinets (EP125/175) and the improved parameters of the new woofers. To give you an idea of the changes, I have attached
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: IanIt is one of those things that falls in-between all the specs but matters in the real world. THIS is part of the reason why I love you, Ian. And also part of the reason why some people periodically want to burn you at the
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, MarkSJohnson! by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 01:56 PM

Bump for Saturday because I need to cross this off my list. HBD, MSJ.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 01:10 PM

Brutal, Bob. I'm trying to figure out if I should see this in an Atmos theater, a DBox Theater, an Imax theater, or a peep show theater: (NSFW) Linky (NSFW)
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 01:09 PM

I'm assuming the freq graph for the EP500 is only an estimate and not an actual measurement. It looks too even.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: The 13 year loyalist by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 12:41 PM

Thankfully I'm too old to have joined the 'social media' thing; however, since I updated all of my Axiom sound systems starting in 2010, I began hanging out here with all of the fine folks who provide so much good natured banter here. This is in con
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ Yesterday at 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: troydOriginally Posted By: AndrewOriginally Posted By: brwsawIt will act as a co-located sub? I just experimented with 2 pos subs and after stacking them the ceiling vibrates/resonates very very quickly (think blade of grass whi
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ Yesterday at 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: fredkOriginally Posted By: Andrew...and revised tuning/alignments.... Do tell. Hi Fred, The revisions centre around lowering tuning frequencies to take advantage of the larger cabinets (EP125/175) and the improved parameter
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by troyd @ Yesterday at 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: AndrewOriginally Posted By: brwsawIt will act as a co-located sub? I just experimented with 2 pos subs and after stacking them the ceiling vibrates/resonates very very quickly (think blade of grass whistle). Edit: The 800 would
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? by BobKay @ Yesterday at 11:41 AM

A friend called me a week ago to inform me that his Mom had died. She had been on her own until 92, then assisted living three years ago, then full-on nursing home care, dementia, etc. She was 95. His Dad died almost 30 years ago. I would say to Mike
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Ian @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

Hi wschwartz, The EP400 requires a lot more amp power to achieve the same output at 20 Hz compared to the EP500 and the added power has to start being added at a higher frequency. This means the EP500 will play louder lower than the EP400 even thou
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ Yesterday at 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: brwsawIt will act as a co-located sub? I just experimented with 2 pos subs and after stacking them the ceiling vibrates/resonates very very quickly (think blade of grass whistle). Edit: The 800 would have been a beast before...
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ Yesterday at 10:40 AM

Originally Posted By: AdrianLooks like you guys have been busy, Andrew!! Can you tell me/us what advantage there is in going to a dual chambre design on the EP800? does it increase cabinet pressure thereby reducing distortion vs a shared chambre?
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ Yesterday at 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Crimson WrathWhy were sealed designs not considered until now? That was one of the main reasons why I did not go to Axiom for my sub woofers. This is a difficult question for me to answer since I wasn't at Axiom when the origi
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ Yesterday at 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonSounds exciting! Thanks for the update, Andrew! Will the pricing be the same? Thanks Mark! I believe the pricing will be increasing in line with the rest of v4 on April 23rd.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ Yesterday at 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By: dakkonAndrew.. I was thinking about getting 3 of the new amps, for my older EP-600's all of which are the ported enclosure design.. Will the new amps work ok with the older enclosures? The new amp can be made to work, but it w
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Receiver - Which One - Budget in Mind. by stoudtlr @ Yesterday at 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By: jakewashBe wary of the 828 and Onkyo in general as the HDMI ports have been failing... Thanks for the info, but what brand/model would you recommend if not Onkyo? I definitely do NOT want any chance of HDMI issues. We have a
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.