Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
8 registered (Socketman, J. B., exlabdriver, Philippe, CatBrat, Kevin1), 126 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12785 Members
11 Forums
22691 Topics
400647 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17697
pmbuko 16227
SirQuack 13311
CV 11064
MarkSJohnson 10694
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by JBG @ Yesterday at 06:27 PM

Got a 500 v4 coming also but the only comparison I can do is with my ksw-15.. so it's either WOW or disappointment
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by SBrown @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Looks like that will be up to you, Brian. Good to see that you held off until the V4s.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by BobKay @ Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Spence, Lance, Philippe, Tom? I've been to his house a couple of times. He's really not that bad. Whaddya say?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by BobKay @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonOriginally Posted By: BobKay One needs friends. I'm out. That is so not true. I'll act as your surrogate friend anytime. Anyone else on board Mark's surrogate list? C'mon, people!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with center channel and my hearing loss by Lance_H @ Yesterday at 05:37 PM

Yeah, done most if not all that; however, I do have a call in to my hearing aid Doc. The new blutooth hearing aids that will work so famously with the new receiver will cost me as much as the whole sound system. Yee haw! Thanks everyone.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone looking to buy a pair of FMS16s w/balls? by SpenceJT2003 @ Yesterday at 05:37 PM

Sorry - mod please feel free to kill this thread.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with center channel and my hearing loss by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 05:28 PM

BTW, Tom: ::fistbump::
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with center channel and my hearing loss by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 05:27 PM

+1 to what Tom said. Also, see if your receiver allows for EQing channels separately. You might want to bump up the 2kHz to 8kHz range. Use some caution with bumping it up too much, though. You can add a lot to the load of the tweeters if you bum
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with center channel and my hearing loss by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 05:22 PM

+1 to what Mark said. Also, try playing with the (seemingly endless number of) surround/processing modes available. Likewise, try both using AND disabling whatever room correction you have available (MCACC, YPAO, Audyssey, etc.).
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Did you see the sweet deals on the M100s refurb by BBIBH @ Yesterday at 04:20 PM

Ian has been mentioning a revamp of the discount areas of the site for months...he really needs better project management!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKay One needs friends. I'm out.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with center channel and my hearing loss by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 03:52 PM

Welcome, Lance. Have you tried increasing the level of the center channel a few (or more) dBs in your processor/receiver? Many of us find that increasing the level of the center a bit, relative to the other speakers, helps intelligibility.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by BobKay @ Yesterday at 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueJays1Originally Posted By: BobKayOriginally Posted By: tomtuttlePost deleted. Sorry. Tom, by his own admission, he is a Bombayed, gin-blossomed, porch monkey with a gun. Careful. Next time, a simple "Post Deleted&quo
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: New In wall M22 with Qs4 by e40 @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

Bumping this thread just to say, your choice of components just about matches what is on my wishlist. What do you have for a sub?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with center channel and my hearing loss by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

Are there hearing aids you can get for this? or would that be a silly question in this instance. And, welcome to the forums, btw.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Help with center channel and my hearing loss by Lance_H @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

I have high frequency hearing loss, which means I can hear dialogue but can't understand it well because I cannot differentiate consonants well. I have the 180 center speaker now, with M80s on the side. I'm still not understanding movie dialogue.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

Are there any reviews using the new EP500 v4 speaker yet?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's Genuwine Birthday by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 03:03 PM

This thread has nothing to do with Mark's wine cellar at all. Genuwine I'm so disappointed.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone move to LED bulbs? by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: pmbukoYou just gave me green balls. Those were not meant for a light socket Peter. Anyway, the new LEDs are in place and lit up quite nicely. I was hoping to get more of cool white light (these ones were 'soft' white 3000K, up
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Did you see the sweet deals on the M100s refurb by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Socketmanthey are gone , as in not even listed. perhaps ian moved them elsewhere. That's probably the case since he said he would see to having that done soon.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp160 - Vp180 vs the HP versions by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

Just to add my 2 cents worth, I find that the VP160 blends in nearly perfectly with M22's and, to me, makes a better sonic match than the smaller centers, of which, I've tried them all.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp160 - Vp180 vs the HP versions by casey01 @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: JBGHas anyone own or done a comparison of the centers? Back last year, I traded in my VP160 for a VP180 essentially for aesthetics because I already had the M80s in the custom piano black and wanted the VP180 in the same fin
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp160 - Vp180 vs the HP versions by JBG @ Yesterday at 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: michael_dI thought the hp drivers just allowed more power for increased volume levels. Is there an actual difference in sound? A/B them and yes there is a tad difference.. more linear, able to handle power more effortless, an
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp160 - Vp180 vs the HP versions by michael_d @ Yesterday at 01:30 PM

I thought the hp drivers just allowed more power for increased volume levels. Is there an actual difference in sound?
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Did you see the sweet deals on the M100s refurb by Socketman @ Yesterday at 01:29 PM

they are gone , as in not even listed. perhaps ian moved them elsewhere.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.