AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
2 registered (Serenity_Now, Ken.C), 50 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22947 Topics
405865 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11273
MarkSJohnson 10968
Meanwhile On Facebook

Here's hoping you get what you really want this year! What could be better than...

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 04:55 PM

Provided some info & assistance to a poster & to provide a counterpoint to Post #2: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1813506-axiom-audio.html Now at AH with no Axioms mentioned: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1813506-ax
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 03:12 PM

Wow, response galore! people like vids. To clarify, this saga is for my 2ch rig. The chair is a recliner. I am pretty much in the sweet spot unless I drop dead and slump over. So far so good. However, the setup in the basement will follow
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 02:20 PM

I can only shake my head at the lengths some people seem to want to do to get what they are saying gives the perfect sound. What TAM has said rings a certain amount of truth, but look at it from a more scientific stance. You have 'x' number of spea
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 01:39 PM

I gotta ask - when you are listening in your MLP, is your head clamped in some kind of device to stop any ear movement that might (probably) degrade the sound stage? It seems that with these painstaking minute adjustments that are made to speaker lo
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by fredk @ Yesterday at 12:26 PM

Don't over simplify it either. My speakers blend nicely, but, given the constraints of my living room, I could never get a good sound stage out of my speakers. The only reason I know this is because of what I was exposed to during my listening sess
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by chesseroo @ Yesterday at 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now Here is a great podcast going over the basics to understand the importance of loudspeaker positioning in 2ch and multichannel. Fresh off the press right when most useful. . He doesn't give away the methods he uses
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 08:15 AM

I think I will place the speakers first and go from there wrt the basement system. I'll buy the screen stuff once audio positions are set. Here is a great podcast going over the basics to understand the importance of loudspeaker positioning in 2ch
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ Yesterday at 02:31 AM

Thanks, Fred. I still need to clean it up and add a few more things, of course, but I'm happy enough with how it's shaping up.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 01:25 AM

I'm glad I planned ahead and grabbed a roll of XD material.My towers ended up just inside the frame, had I build the frame as per THX specs the towers would gave been right in the mid line of the frame. I built it +/- a foot smaller (from both walls)
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by fredk @ 12/20/14 10:07 PM

They were pretty damned good un-aged as I recall.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by fredk @ 12/20/14 10:05 PM

The bathroom looks good CV.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 12/20/14 09:42 PM

It is be a Sherwin Williams grey Apparently its a very neutral grey. Right now I'm sanding away with some 100 grit paper. Man, this wall is rough. Even with the 100 grit, I'm still going to do a light fill with mud to fill in the craters. Did I ca
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 12/20/14 08:44 PM

I'm afraid my A/V receiver may be on the way out. It's suddenly taking a lot longer for it to output audio. I don't think it's anything else in the chain since 1) it happens on both my PC and PS3, and 2) my mains are powered by the ADA-1500, so if it
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by onn @ 12/20/14 08:30 PM

Another RUSH buy that I've been watching for the last week. R40 This is a 6 bluray set which includes in order: Rush in Rio R30 Snakes and Arrows Time Machine Clockwork Angels The 6 disc is titled R40 which includes live performances from the pas
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: Greg's pseudo-HT room by Serenity_Now @ 12/20/14 08:22 PM

Seating looks super comfy. Nap time for the bear.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by Serenity_Now @ 12/20/14 08:14 PM

Dust bunnies in corners are natures bass traps.... For mice HT.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ 12/20/14 08:12 PM

What kind of paint did you find? Sorry if I missed it.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by Serenity_Now @ 12/20/14 08:09 PM

We all have issues. Were here, aren't we!
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by fredk @ 12/20/14 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanI vacuumed Annual cleaning? I just did mine yesterday. 2014 was a good year for dust bunnies.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Wanting to listen to V4 of M22 speaker by Jc @ 12/20/14 04:18 PM

Done !
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.