Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Home Theater Jump to new posts
Wave Form Bass New Tech Kodiak 04/24/24 03:45 AM
Hey All,

Check out this link to an interesting tech for bass / subwoofer management I found while searching for my own low tech bass management solutions. So far best placement seems to be 1/4 width of front wall for sub’s left and right.

https://www.ecoustics.com/news/trinnov-brings-perfect-home-theater/

Looks pretty interesting although expensive. Anyone here use bass management and can tell me where I might start to learn more reasonable cost tech to improve bass response. ?

I’ve built a super basic theatre 5.2 in my unfinished basement all from used market, all about 20 year old vintage. So I doubt any current tech will apply. Curious to see if any one has any good ideas. Thanks all. Cheers.
0 6 Read More
The Water Cooler Jump to new posts
Re: SSN's Schneider goes from mono to stereo to quad rrlev 04/23/24 01:54 AM
Got it … an audio guy with a known web site (just not to me) … so out of touch with the audio media … kind of like it that way smile
4 90 Read More
Re: SSN's Schneider goes from mono to stereo to quad Hambrabi 04/22/24 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by rrlev
Ahhh, Didn’t get the relevance of this when you posted it … he’s an axiom guy!

Well, technically he's the owner of the Sound Stage Network website and social media channels. He's been on a few of Axiom's YouTube channel uploads, sitting on a lakeside dock and shooting the breeze with Andrew Welker with the beer cans possibly out of camera shot.

He's looking for writers, and I thought about answering the call. Unfortunately, his site isn't the anti-BS publication that Audio Critic and Sound & Vision (Canada) were and that EAC and ASR haven't reached yet. I can only feign being a hardcore audiophile before I get bored and start following my actual and mutually exclusive passion, which is discovering good music. smile
4 90 Read More
Re: Multichannel music in quad (quadio releases) chapin99 04/22/24 12:12 PM
Thanks so much, MMM! I think I will look into this as it seems the perfect answer. Do you use just LRF and sub for all of your ht and listening? Wonder if I could or should consider not using qs8s? With Audyssey on, I find the chatter and such in the sides to be irritating and distracting (mine is multi-xt version in Denon), so I deactivate it. I wonder if anyone else has thought to have rears instead of 90 degree sides for ht and music? Anyway, that Anthem looks great!. I looked and saw a few not great reviews for one Anthem product on Crutchfield, but assume those to be an anomaly. Would I be safe buying a used one of your model, do you think? Anyway, thanks so much for this! It surely seems the perfect answer!
4 202 Read More
Re: SSN's Schneider goes from mono to stereo to quad rrlev 04/22/24 05:03 AM
Ahhh, Didn’t get the relevance of this when you posted it … he’s an axiom guy!
4 90 Read More
Re: Multichannel music in quad (quadio releases) MMM 04/22/24 12:07 AM
the Anthem processors do that. I have an AVM60 and you can setup different configurations for inputs and speaker setups for them. So I can have CD setup to use input 1 (RCA) and use my LRF1100 set to full range with the Sub turned off. Where if I want FireTV then it will use the hdmi1 input with 7.2 setup. Put the LFR1100 to cross over at 80hz. have the Subs setup.

its rather a good feature.
4 202 Read More
Re: SSN's Schneider goes from mono to stereo to quad BBIBH 04/21/24 11:23 AM
That is a great story! I spent a few hours talking to Doug over the last 2 Axiom anniversary parties. He really is a good guy.
4 90 Read More
SSN's Schneider goes from mono to stereo to quad Hambrabi 04/20/24 02:29 PM
4 90 Read More

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020