AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
4 registered (Ken.C, BBIBH, SirQuack, exlabdriver), 53 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13313 Members
11 Forums
22855 Topics
403810 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17754
pmbuko 16268
SirQuack 13325
CV 11170
MarkSJohnson 10856
Meanwhile On Facebook

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: New NFL Domestic Violence Rules by Socketman @ 55 minutes 57 seconds ago

I think its none of their business.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by cybrsage @ Today at 06:16 PM

I would love to have angled driver On-Ceiling mounted speakers - I really do not want to cut into my sound silencing barrier.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: New NFL Domestic Violence Rules by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Today at 05:49 PM

I think it's blatantly misogynistic!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts New NFL Domestic Violence Rules by BobKay @ Today at 04:16 PM

I think the new rules by which the NFL can discipline/$anction players for committing domestic violence is blatantly racist!!
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Video! Designing the M100 by Nick B @ Today at 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanSpeaking of port plugs... any idea how they impact the frequency response, ie whether they just reduce port output or whether they shift the enclosure tuning as well ? Reason I'm asking is that when I look at the FR ch
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: TAVES 2014 by nickbuol @ Today at 03:04 PM

I know that Bryston will be at CEDIA in Denver, so it seems like they are making some of the big shows. Not sure about TAVES though.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ Today at 02:30 PM

Whoops, double post. As long as I'm here, I tried the second option from the above list (raising the speakers, but not so much) and that seemed to help quite a bit, ie the improvement in bass was noticeable and any loss in higher frequencies was not.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ Today at 02:29 PM

Hmm. At first glance the more solid stands didn't improve things, although I may just have lost some artificial bass reinforcement from the tote bottom resonating. Coupling to the floor seems a bit better, ie the bass can be "felt" more rea
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP 500 V2 not working by SirQuack @ Today at 09:50 AM

I seem to recall my old EP500v2 also had this switch, and I think many times when I was trying to tweak all the settings (phase, crossover, etc.) I tried this setting out of curiousity, but it didn't do anything. I seem to recall the Load setting is
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: TV Wall Mount question by Serenity_Now @ Today at 09:23 AM

From what i have seen and installed, manufacturers dont make interchangable parts when it comes to mounts and brackets. The mounting hole pattern on the back of the tv is about all the cooperation they came up with. There are even variations in a s
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts TAVES 2014 by Serenity_Now @ Today at 09:14 AM

Does anyone know if axiom or bryston will be attending taves as exhibitors this year? I'm thinking of making an effort to get there and it would be cool if so.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M3s or M40s ? Back on the wheel of reincarnati by bridgman @ Today at 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanI picked up a Pioneer 578 just like I threatened, installed it in the basement (HT) moved the Sony DVD player upstairs, and moved the megachanger downstairs. Ran across this post... and now I'm trying to figure out what
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP 500 V2 not working by evaredy @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have tried a few things, including leaving it disconnected for quite some time. I have sent Brent an email and am waiting for a reply. I was sorta hoping someone may have some other ideas, but I feel I may need a new sub or
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP 500 V2 not working by JohnK @ Yesterday at 10:43 PM

Eva, welcome to Axiom. I don't recall that there's ever been a previous discussion here relating to using the "Load" position on the Trim control. I also have the EP500v2, but of course I'm not inclined to experiment with the Load setting t
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 BBC Proms by JohnK @ Yesterday at 10:11 PM

Prom Concert 56 featured in the first half a fine performance by the London Philharmonic of the very popular and colorful music Holst composed for The Planets. Available on the iPlayer here . Also on that page is a very brief(about 4 minutes)commen
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Video! Designing the M100 by JohnK @ Yesterday at 09:55 PM

John, yes using port plugs does have an effect on the enclosure tuning besides reducing the port output. The charts you included show the response expected from a vented enclosure in the top curve(i.e., a sharp drop off at 24dB/octave below the 3dB d
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts EP 500 V2 not working by evaredy @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Hello all, this is my first post, so please be gentle Firstly, this is what i have, Yamaha RX-A2010 amp, 2x QS8's, 1x VP150 and 2x Dalis as the mains, EP 500 V2 and a small cheap sub. I had made a few small adjustments to the controls and inadvert
Home Theater
Jump to new posts TV Wall Mount question by mpethe @ Yesterday at 06:51 PM

I just moved into a home where the previous owners left a mount plate on the wall above the fire place. They took the rest of the mount kit with them when they moved out. My question is, do I have to remove that mount plate and install a new one if
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: New Camera by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Yesterday at 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphI've seen him drive. Forget clamps, it should have come with roll bars! I just bought the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S to control my camera via the Sony Playmemories app. I can zoom in/out, activate the shutter and look a
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

Nickbuol gave me some good advice about fabrics on the first page of this thread : Quote:... you can use a basic solid muslin fabric (a bit too "industrial" for me), or really any fabric that you can literally blow through... Try putting t
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP500 V4 - amp is making a "click-click" noise by michael_d @ Yesterday at 12:13 PM

A second amp showed up last week. That was a surprise. I'm really digging these new subs. I guess I'm just a "sealed sub" kind of guy. I will have to admit that one seamed to be a bit lacking, but with two firing in my room, LFE is killer
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by michael_d @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: SirQuackWow, what happened to my thread, over 8,000 replies and 34+ million views. I'm so proud of myself for thinking of this idea. Ya but now what are you going to do to top it??? For those who like harder Alternative mus
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts External Hard Drive Rec's by michael_d @ Yesterday at 11:55 AM

It looks as if my trusty, old faithful Seagate Free Agent hard drive has died. That thing has been completely issue free. Always worked, never any sort of problem whatsoever. I think I've had it for about five years. Now my PC doesn't even recognize
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by michael_d @ Yesterday at 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: AdrianWanderlust...Paul Rudd...Jennifer Anniston...supposed to be funny...wasn't...one of the worst movies I've ever seen...EVER!!...that includes ALL movies by Steven Seagal. Wow, that's pretty bad. I met Seagal and his lovel
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 03:22 AM

I wonder... I can't raise my ceiling height for Atmos but I could replace some or all of the seating. I wonder which fabrics and or fillers have the best acoustic properties (do no harm).
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.