AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
2 registered (fredk, CV), 52 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22947 Topics
405863 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11273
MarkSJohnson 10968
Meanwhile On Facebook

Here's hoping you get what you really want this year! What could be better than...

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by fredk @ 2 minutes 5 seconds ago

I temper the rating against what I know about the winery. In this case, I know from previous visits that Tawse makes very good wines. I figure that gets equal weight to the rating.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts RIP Joe Cocker by MarkSJohnson @ 43 minutes 6 seconds ago

Huffington Post
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by brwsaw @ Today at 01:17 PM

What's really nice is when it finally comes together in a home theater to the point where there are no speakers, no hot spotting, smooth bass, believable weapons fire...when a ricochet travels through the room, I mean literally flies past, its a beau
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by chesseroo @ Today at 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: fredk I keep hoping someone in the vintages section at the LCBO will be able to help out, but most appear to be nothing more than shelf stockers. This is why having access to a dedicated wine store with trained sommeliers helps
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by fredk @ Today at 11:30 AM

I'll give it a go. I almost picked up an Argentinian bubbly before I found the one from Tawse. I do like Champaign style wines, but it's become a bit of a tradition for me to pick up a nice one for Christmas. It mostly works out, but when you try
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by chesseroo @ Today at 11:27 AM

Originally Posted By: fredkI rated the B&W slightly higher as well. For me it was the female vocals, BUT the soundstage of the M3 was outstanding and highlighted for me what I am missing in my room. I noticed that Peter plumbed the couch cushio
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by fredk @ Today at 11:23 AM

I rated the B&W slightly higher as well. For me it was the female vocals, BUT the soundstage of the M3 was outstanding and highlighted for me what I am missing in my room.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Jingle Bells... by chesseroo @ Today at 11:05 AM

Jingle Bells, written by a jerk? Gotta love history. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-co...-jerk-1.2874860
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by chesseroo @ Today at 11:03 AM

Originally Posted By: fredkPicked up a nice bottle of bubbly from Tawse tonight at the LCBO. This will be the Christmas eve bubbly. I like to try something new every year. If you are into bubbles, try Spanish Cava. Very affordable alternative to C
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by chesseroo @ Today at 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: fredk During the last Axiom anniversary celebration we had a chance to do some blind listening between two sets of speakers that turned out to be the M3 and a B&W Diamond bookshelf. It was a 'holly crap!' moment as the M3 h
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Songs covered in different styles by medic8r @ Today at 10:47 AM

I don't know, but I'll bet CV's got stock in 3M. Negative Orange doesn't cover Chuck Norris songs, Chuck Norris songs cover Negative Orange!
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by Serenity_Now @ Today at 08:18 AM

Bridgman, that is a superbly unique space. I was going to recommend you look at what other attic users employed, but you are on terra incognita I think. Cool. Brwsaw, you are in the 1% who finally know exactly how it feels (not sounds) when everyth
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by MarkSJohnson @ Today at 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By: brwsaw When it happened I knew. I was sitting there, eyes closed, 100 %in the moment. The soundstage literally extended beyond/outside the boundaries of the room and the musician began to move across the stage towards me (left
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by fredk @ Today at 12:03 AM

Picked up a nice bottle of bubbly from Tawse tonight at the LCBO. This will be the Christmas eve bubbly. I like to try something new every year.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by fredk @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now... But in none of them (my own prior attempts included) was there an "aha!" moment where everything was perfect. Great for sure, but not goosebump inducing. During the last Axiom anniversary celebratio
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Jingle Bells... by fredk @ Yesterday at 10:42 PM

Its cookie time. Up tonight are vanilla gipfeln, or vanilla crescents. Not sure why they are named that when the main flavouring is ground almonds. Yummy none the less.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowMy metric for perfection has nothing to do with preference. When it happened I knew. I was sitting there, eyes closed, 100 %in the moment. The soundstage literally extended beyond/outside the boundaries of the room
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by bridgman @ Yesterday at 09:02 PM

For what it's worth, I agree that an HT system brings even more challenges, since it's much more common to have multiple listening positions. On the other hand you also have multiple speakers and even going from 2.0 to 3.0 makes a huge difference i
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 08:40 PM

Last post cut off to run to dinner plans. Indeed Fred. Hey TAM I actually think placing the speakers with symmetry and perfect alignment in mind increases the size of the sweet spot. I can move my head freely in my mlp and the images stay stabl
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by bridgman @ Yesterday at 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: chesserooBridgman's posts on his trials demonstrate the insanity nicely. Hey, wait a minute... ok, yeah, I guess so... Originally Posted By: exlabdriverI gotta ask - when you are listening in your MLP, is your head clamped in
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by fredk @ Yesterday at 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now... What a cool tool to have! I dub thee Sir Speaker Nerd.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: A good hotel in Queens. by Lampshade @ Yesterday at 07:06 PM

It took a year but I finally made it to Don Antonio's. The pizza was delicious. I went on a Saturday night and it is kind of a "scene". I dropped Alan's name and they gave me the worst table in the house. My wife kept having to duck every
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What scotch/whiskey/bourbon did you drink last ni? by Lampshade @ Yesterday at 06:53 PM

My Bourbon journey is over. I have settled in on Scotch style whisky. The Yamazaki 12 Year Old. I love it.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 04:55 PM

Provided some info & assistance to a poster & to provide a counterpoint to Post #2: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1813506-axiom-audio.html Now at AH with no Axioms mentioned: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1813506-ax
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker setup by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 03:12 PM

Wow, response galore! people like vids. To clarify, this saga is for my 2ch rig. The chair is a recliner. I am pretty much in the sweet spot unless I drop dead and slump over. So far so good. However, the setup in the basement will follow
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.