AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (fredk), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13330 Members
11 Forums
22922 Topics
405246 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17791
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13341
CV 11237
MarkSJohnson 10942
Meanwhile On Facebook

☺ Wow - our 13,000 likes! Awesome! #thankful

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 5 minutes 2 seconds ago

One of the things I would really like to do with this change is to get away from the mancave look. I've been pondering how one might diguise a screen when not in use and I think I may have found my answer. This one is 6' by 6'. Not quite enoug
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 20 minutes 16 seconds ago

Some other thoughts. "Side" surrounds are OK where you have them, but unless the seats recline, you might want to slide them closer to be more 90 degrees (in line with) compared with the actual listeners ears. Like I said, it is still wit
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by Jungle @ 59 minutes 56 seconds ago

You got the Black Friday email for 20% off $2000 or 25% off $6000. They issues on a few weeks ago for $250 off $500 or more. You can go to the Axiom Facebook page and ask to have the card emailed to you but you will have only a few days to use it.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Today at 10:06 PM

I am not sure the in ceiling M3s are right for ATMOS in my setup. I'd love to download a manual. Are the tweeters aimable? I will be looking at options with tiltable woofers and tweeters. The speakercraft aim line is of interest so far. I have t
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ Today at 09:18 PM

I wish I could jump on the Atmos bandwagon now but it'll have to wait. Placing them in line with the mains (slightly narrower as per Grimani and your current layout) should work perfectly. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the inceiling M3's
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Today at 08:19 PM

I easily qualify . I just thought it was interesting because I used to receive emails etc. that the rest of ya continue to get. And yes, my email address is the same.
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: HT Room by Serenity_Now @ Today at 04:51 PM

"Long may you run" as Neil would say. Best to you. Be well.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Today at 04:46 PM

Ok. Will do that. Grimani talked about the front heights being pushed forward and just inside of the mains. He didnt mention anything about the rear heights, so I went with the dolby layout for them. I think the Grimani layout omitted rear hei
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What's up with the Audiobytes? by Ian @ Today at 03:47 PM

We retired the Audiobyte earlier this year. There is a replacement coming next year though with the new DAC we developed for AxiomPlay. The new one is M2 based with the amplifier built into one of the speakers.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Black centers on a V2? by Socketman @ Today at 03:36 PM

I bought V3's that showed as having black center's but they were all white when they arrived. Being anal as I am , I asked axiom to make it right so they matched my other speakers. FWIW, i could not tell any difference between them and if i remember
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ Today at 03:02 PM

Oh oh, I have a doppelganger that doesn't know how to spell Fred. Hey, maybe he bought me a screen. ::looks out window for ups truck::
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ Today at 02:18 PM

You should consider placing them in line if possible. Your rear surrounds and top middle pair look right, can you/would you be able place the top rear pair inline?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by brwsaw @ Today at 02:14 PM

Lol. It was just an idea. One I could see working. Does this mean you are looking for a screen again?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts What's up with the Audiobytes? by michael_d @ Today at 01:42 PM

I was curious to see how much the Audiobyte system was, so I popped on over to the products page to find them without any luck (you have to go to the Axiom HOME page, then the "Specialty Product" page). I had a hard time finding the link,
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by michael_d @ Today at 01:37 PM

Unless I got a different email than everyone else, the gift card requires a purchase of two grand or more.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Black centers on a V2? by Ken.C @ Today at 12:38 PM

Or they were built for someone who ordered specifically with black caps, but then had a defect.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Black centers on a V2? by BlueJays1 @ Today at 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: newfI received some M22 V3's from refurb store, but the speaker centers are black. I thought all V3's were all white? it does have a V3 sticker on the back and the new screens with magnets. I suspect what happened is that tho
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Jungle @ Today at 12:19 PM

I'm not watching anything until I get my EP175v4, well at least not watching any movies. Sold my current sub (JBLNL150) so I am without a subwoofer until the Axiom gets here. I am very excited to see how well the EP175 goes with my M3v4s (all five
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: HT Room by GOD @ Today at 12:19 PM

J.B.; I know I'm not the only one here who completely understands the things that you're going through. Aging sucks out loud, and its alternative isn't much of a choice. I wish you the best of everything you can muster. Grab all the enjoyment you ca
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Black centers on a V2? by Murph @ Today at 12:13 PM

Just play Michael Jackson's "Black or White" song and enjoy them..... Sorry. Uplifting maybe, but not helpful, I know.
Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: HT Room by J. B. @ Today at 10:46 AM

I don't know where i should post this, so here it is, after hesitating to do it for many months. I'm getting quite old, in my 70s and since about a year or more, i've been unable to give good answers to people in this forum. Writing this now, it see
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Black centers on a V2? by newf @ Today at 09:49 AM

I received some M22 V3's from refurb store, but the speaker centers are black. I thought all V3's were all white? it does have a V3 sticker on the back and the new screens with magnets.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Ken.C @ Today at 06:48 AM

And then they got massively (literally) overused.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ Today at 02:46 AM

I enjoyed the "Blink" episode of Doctor Who, with the Weeping Angels. I thought they were the most creative baddies so far.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: EP350v2 versus EP350v3 specs by samonia @ Today at 02:07 AM

I gotta wonder if there's something wrong with Mojo's sub (this is going to be an expensive post...). If axiom put the pass throughs on the sub, they should work properly. From what Alan's said, they're essentially just a y-connector inside the sub--
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.