AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (eman, MarkSJohnson), 53 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22877 Topics
404362 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17775
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11200
MarkSJohnson 10886
Meanwhile On Facebook

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 on wall vs vp160 by eman @ 18 minutes 2 seconds ago

Yes , on walls will be better for my situation " for now " plus i want to get them in all white for my dark grey home theater. I just want to make sure that the vp150 isn't that bad of a center channel speaker. I've read the reviews and the
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 on wall vs vp160 by CatBrat @ Today at 09:49 AM

The sound quality will suffer a little by dropping from a VP160 to a VP150. And again, unfortunately, the sound quality will drop a little more by going from a full sized box speaker to the on-wall variety. Been there, done that. But if on-wall is w
Home Theater
Jump to new posts vp150 on wall vs vp160 by eman @ Today at 06:34 AM

I currently have V3 of vp160 , m22 , and qs8. I want to switch to all on wall speakers now but the vp160 doesn't come in a on-wall version. Will i be losing out by going from a vp160 to a on wall vp150 ?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surrounds for Dolby Atmos- QS8's or direct firing? by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

I would still say "plan now" but don't pull the trigger on the speakers yet, and if you can hold off on getting a receiver for another year, do it.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surrounds for Dolby Atmos- QS8's or direct firing? by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 05:25 AM

If Mark Henninger and Scott are convinced, there is hope for me yet. I hope the futureshop in town gets an atmos demo. I'd like a date before I marry the technology.
Home Theater
Well, then sir you have been mislead by HTGeeks. Hands down, Atmos was quite the buzz at CEDIA. People are STILL talking about it. A number of skeptics in the "industry" left CEDIA really excited about it. Is it still too early to jump
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surrounds for Dolby Atmos- QS8's or direct firing? by Serenity_Now @ 09/29/14 05:22 PM

Nerd rant: I spent sunday at the "church of research" and came to the conclusion doing nothing for ATMOS in a hurry is warranted. Its still beyond bleeding edge and the interview at HTGeeks with Craig Eggers et al. was very "salesy.&
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by Serenity_Now @ 09/29/14 05:07 PM

Just to note, the frequency response on the low end will change significantly once they are ceiling mounted. The "plastic" tone could have been caused by vibration- again remedied by mounting. Its hard to do an apples to apples comparison
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by rprice54 @ 09/29/14 02:38 PM

Okay, got a chance to compare these a bit to my outdoor M3s. This was the easiest/quickest way I could do a direct A/B comparison. This is not high end audio equip, this is my shop music system. Cheapo Sony AVR, two outdoor M3s (v4), and a cheap 10&q
Home Theater
I just ran some numbers on what I would get from Axiom if I wanted to trade in my QS8s (one pair from 2004 and one pair, current model, from late 2011 but not used until mid-2012) to swap to something like M2 for monopole surrounds to lead up to Atmo
The Water Cooler
It's AWD. It's got a bit under 40K. How about a paper maché chauffeur hat?
The Water Cooler
Nice!! Does it have AWD? The limited models are pretty sweet. How many miles on it?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 09/28/14 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowOk, so three beam options exist to remove the post. 1. Bolt C channel steel along both sides of the existing beam. Pros- easiest option, cheapest at under 500$ Done in few hours. Cons- beam still keeps its curren
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 09/28/14 10:22 AM

Interesting video from Home Theater Geeks that's very germane to this thread. Thought I would share. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j23aG6pSYok Lauded home theater designer and constructor Dennis Erskine shares some of this projects and outlook on
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: CVOriginally Posted By: St_PatGuyCongrats, Ken! That's a nice looking ride!! He's going to chauffeur us all around at the Axiom get-together. Shotgun! Wait, it's not going to work unless Ken wears a little chauffeur hat
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by Serenity_Now @ 09/28/14 08:32 AM

Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Surrounds for Dolby Atmos- QS8's or direct firing? by Serenity_Now @ 09/28/14 08:24 AM

What concerns me about all the new atmos details is the new ideal height for side and rear surrounds of 1-1.25x the height of the mains. Basically 4-4.5 feet as Nick said. Not an issue for in wall speakers, but on wall.... Kind of draws away from
Home Theater
I only have a few minutes before I need to head out for something, but I do have some thoughts on this. M2s would seem to be a better match for you, if you want Dolby Atmos imaging to be correct, you will have to replace the QS8s. I know that Dolby
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: St_PatGuyCongrats, Ken! That's a nice looking ride!! He's going to chauffeur us all around at the Axiom get-together.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by BobKay @ 09/27/14 04:07 PM

During my years in Tucson and Cohcise County, I wish I had a dollar for every time I've used that line. Seriously though, Bill Hader is great! He's so "off" and has no shame.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by BobKay @ 09/27/14 04:02 PM

I dunno, but sometimes, Sean, the things you say repulse me. I know that YOU know that my statement was, in no way, made to inhibit you from continuing.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by brwsaw @ 09/27/14 01:53 PM

Just like food the best is always...free. We just lucked out, were given a like new love seat and sofa which went into our living room. This was perfect timing as the love seat (screen room) and recliners (previously in the LR)are no longer commercia
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by St_PatGuy @ 09/27/14 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKayOriginally Posted By: Murph Celtic rock band I'm not entirely sure, but I'll bet that's an oxymoron. If anyone says U2 or Delamitri, I will come to your house and empty all of your cereal boxes out onto your shag carpet.
Home Theater
I currently have the vp160 center , m22 L/R , and qs8 for surround , 2 HSU VTF 3 MK4 subs , and 4 yamaha aw390 outdoor speakers that I will be using for my ceiling speakers. ( I know they are not timbre match with the axiom speakers but i'm using wha
The Water Cooler
Congrats, Ken! That's a nice looking ride!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.