AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
4 registered (Da_Gimp_Pimp, pmbuko, Eno, exlabdriver), 50 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22902 Topics
404783 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17783
pmbuko 16283
SirQuack 13337
CV 11212
MarkSJohnson 10911
Meanwhile On Facebook

Ian and Andrew join in the debate about whether or not people want uncompressed...

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Auditioning Axioms In Your Area by TomC @ 39 minutes 27 seconds ago

I'm in Bow, New Hampshire; just outside Concord. I'm searching for speakers that would mostly be used for classical music; and would appreciate auditioning some Axiom equipment. Regards, Tom
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by brwsaw @ Today at 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanCan you arrange to have it play some of the launch theme music from Thunderbirds while it's folding down ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1faTFQ-5LQ That was pretty cool. At least use the drum roll....
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by bridgman @ Today at 10:18 AM

Can you arrange to have it play some of the launch theme music from Thunderbirds while it's folding down ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1faTFQ-5LQ
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by pmbuko @ Today at 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: nickbuolyou use canvas stretching techniques to mount it to the frame. It looks something like this, right?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by fredk @ Today at 03:03 AM

Picture a square tube aluminum frame(1"x1"). There will be an additional section of tube bolted to the ceiling. Hinges will connect the top of the frame to tube section bolted to the ceiling. Want to watch a move? Fold down. Done watch
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by brwsaw @ Today at 12:57 AM

I can't picture it (folding down).
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 09:04 PM

It does help to have an air powered stapler. But yes, once you build the frame, you use canvas stretching techniques to mount it to the frame.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by fredk @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: brwsawOriginally Posted By: fredkHmmm, just realized I'd have to figure out something for my center channel. Time for a ceiling mount VP180? With an acoustically transparent screen you can have the best of both worlds
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by fredk @ Yesterday at 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphI wrote a long blurb explaining what I found but I couldn't find the link. I found it though so I'll just let you read it for yourself. Includes metered test results. Although I don't know how much weight the graphed mar
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: fredkHmmm, just realized I'd have to figure out something for my center channel. Time for a ceiling mount VP180? With an acoustically transparent screen you can have the best of both worlds (get a matching center, you
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ Yesterday at 02:52 PM

Wow $150? DIY is probably pretty easy on a screen huh? I have never done it but in my past I was an oil painter and used to stretch my own canvases. I assume its the same process?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Murphmmmmmmokthennnnnnnnnn ooooooooososorryyyyyyyyyyy
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by Murph @ Yesterday at 12:27 PM

I wrote a long blurb explaining what I found but I couldn't find the link. I found it though so I'll just let you read it for yourself. Includes metered test results. Although I don't know how much weight the graphed margins of difference carry.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by Murph @ Yesterday at 12:13 PM

mmmmmmokthennnnnnnnnn
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Are you Kitten me? by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 11:16 AM

A serval cat eats 10 live mice. Fed to him by a girl. No gore. But don't watch if you are squeamish!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Are you Kitten me? by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 11:12 AM

cute
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Are you Kitten me? by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

I always wondered how to do that with a youtube video. Just click Quote on that screen and it reveals how to do it.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by fredk @ Yesterday at 04:58 AM

Originally Posted By: brwsawI wanted the freedom to select my screen size once it had an image projected on it. This seemed the easiest way. That's a good point. If I build too big, I can mask. Too small is hard to fix. Quote: Looking back (just p
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Are you Kitten me? by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: JohnK Husky and Kitten . For those that are afraid to click links...
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Are you Kitten me? by JohnK @ 10/29/14 11:17 PM

Husky and Kitten .
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Cam's Birthday by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 10/29/14 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKayIt took 3 tries to get the log-in to work, but I persisted 'cause it's your birthday! Happy Birthday, Cam. Thanks, Bobby. Originally Posted By: BobKayFunny, I thought JohnK couldn't stand you! Edit: Sorry, that's not fa
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by brwsaw @ 10/29/14 07:20 PM

I wanted the freedom to select my screen size once it had an image projected on it. This seemed the easiest way. Looking back (just posted this elsewhere here at axiom) this DIY screen stood out. Black spandex with white spandex over top. http://ww
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ 10/29/14 07:15 PM

There was a really nice looking spandex screen on AVS with white in front of black. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital...ml#post27315562 The image quality is pretty nice.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Cam's Birthday by BobKay @ 10/29/14 06:02 PM

It took 3 tries to get the log-in to work, but I persisted 'cause it's your birthday! Happy Birthday, Cam. Funny, I thought JohnK couldn't stand you! Edit: Sorry, that's not fair. What I meant to say was, "I thought John K was one of the peopl
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Cam's Birthday by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 10/29/14 05:45 PM

Thanks, fellas .
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.