Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
6 registered (exlabdriver, Stilljoe, Wid, Ken.C, Ajax, Ian), 106 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12668 Members
11 Forums
22680 Topics
400408 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17695
pmbuko 16221
SirQuack 13309
CV 11054
MarkSJohnson 10670
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Expert's Corner by AlaskanAVGuy @ 04/11/14 04:51 PM

Actually Alaska isn't the 3-hour sunshine state it has more Sun during the summer than any other state in America. If your from Canada I would think you would have heard of this phenomenon. Which is why in the Summer we have the Midnight Sun Run beca
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Version 4 by Philippe @ 04/11/14 04:51 PM

The EP500 looks very interesting now ! Does it has ports ? And indeed the EP600 now looks smaller
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by AlaskanAVGuy @ 04/11/14 04:40 PM

Ya I noticed this and then you asked the question again so I assumed that you had just glanced at my reply without reading it. I thought that you were going because of your cat....I guess your words are not literal. I'll keep that in mind when readin
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by J. B. @ 04/11/14 04:35 PM

i told you just a few posts up on this page how i set the volume control. you should read before you answer. a glance won't do.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by AlaskanAVGuy @ 04/11/14 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: J. B.there are many errors on that site's page; same for your writings, teacher. because it's written somewhere doesn't mean it's right. this will be my last post on this topic, my cat is barking at the monitor. ;-) I see
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by AlaskanAVGuy @ 04/11/14 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: J. B.Originally Posted By: AlaskanAVGuyOriginally Posted By: J. B.Alaskan teacher, you wrote "and with my preferred listening volume of 112dB". i thought that each music recording had its own realistic playback level
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by J. B. @ 04/11/14 04:22 PM

there are many errors on that site's page; same for your writings, teacher. because it's written somewhere doesn't mean it's right. this will be my last post on this topic, my cat is barking at the monitor. ;-)
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by AlaskanAVGuy @ 04/11/14 04:10 PM

As I have already stated above you must have missed what I was referring to. Which is Exponential Growth of Power, as it takes TWICE as much POWER to have +3dB gain. Use reading comprehension to try and understand the point I was making as you too
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by J. B. @ 04/11/14 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: AlaskanAVGuyOriginally Posted By: J. B.Alaskan teacher, you wrote "and with my preferred listening volume of 112dB". i thought that each music recording had its own realistic playback level ("live" level), a
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by pmbuko @ 04/11/14 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: AlaskanAVGuyOriginally Posted By: tomtuttleOriginally Posted By: AlaskanAVGuywhen you add more than one speaker you get an Exponential growth in SPL. Disagree. You are wrong, When you Double the number of speakers - increase
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Version 4 by ClubNeon @ 04/11/14 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: CVThe EP600 and EP800 have been trapezoidal. Why didn't I know this?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by AlaskanAVGuy @ 04/11/14 03:38 PM

Because a +3dB can be attained if you double your Amplifier Power this is Exponential Growth which is defined as: Exponential growth occurs when the growth rate of the value of a mathematical function is proportional to the function's current value.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: SUB Upgrades or Changes by Andrew @ 04/11/14 03:38 PM

You have no idea...busy, busy, BUSY!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by J. B. @ 04/11/14 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: AlaskanAVGuyOriginally Posted By: tomtuttleOriginally Posted By: AlaskanAVGuywhen you add more than one speaker you get an Exponential growth in SPL. Disagree. You are wrong, When you Double the number of speakers - increase
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by AlaskanAVGuy @ 04/11/14 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: J. B.Alaskan teacher, you wrote "and with my preferred listening volume of 112dB". i thought that each music recording had its own realistic playback level ("live" level), and the volume must be adjusted acc
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Version 4 by Andrew @ 04/11/14 03:25 PM

ALL of the v4 subwoofers now have the signature Axiom trapezoidal shape!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by AlaskanAVGuy @ 04/11/14 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverAlaska: I agree that you can never have enough power; however, my wallet is just so big, ha! I have a Denon 7.2 AVR that is completely adequate to drive my modest 5.2 speaker setup at -10 Db with most movies in my m
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment by AlaskanAVGuy @ 04/11/14 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttleOriginally Posted By: AlaskanAVGuywhen you add more than one speaker you get an Exponential growth in SPL. Disagree. You are wrong, When you Double the number of speakers - increase of +3 dB this is what's consider
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Expert's Corner by Socketman @ 04/11/14 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: nickbuol Thanks nick I got a real good laugh out of that. Well Done
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Version 4 by CV @ 04/11/14 02:38 PM

The EP600 and EP800 have been trapezoidal.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Version 4 by exlabdriver @ 04/11/14 02:38 PM

I will not succumb to upgraditis! No way - then again, maybe I'll think about it... TAM
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Version 4 by Socketman @ 04/11/14 02:33 PM

I guess this is what Andrew has been working on of late. Cool , I was just there the other day so this is quite new , thanks for pointing it out
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Version 4 by ClubNeon @ 04/11/14 02:33 PM

Looks like no port on (the front of, anyway) the EP600, plus it's gone trapezoidal too. And lost some height? Difficult to tell from the pic, but does the EP800 also have an angled cabinet?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What video games are you playing tonight? by BlueJays1 @ 04/11/14 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Da_Gimp_PimpHere's my score - That looks quite impressive. So your at an avg of 77.3 FPS on their extreme/ultra high setting bench mark. Majority of games you will run at 100 FPS or greater? For example like the game mentione
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: SUB Upgrades or Changes by exlabdriver @ 04/11/14 02:18 PM

Looks like the Axiom team have been busy little beavers this winter... TAM
Page 16 of 18 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.