AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13349 Members
11 Forums
22997 Topics
406761 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17819
pmbuko 16306
SirQuack 13351
CV 11321
MarkSJohnson 11007
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 11:23 AM

^ Hope you see this before its too late. ^ Spray foam is extremely flammable. A fault in your panel would cause big fire concerns. The best thing to put in direct contact with a panel is nothing at all. Failing that I would do roxul. It wont bu
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 11:03 AM

Spray foam is a terrible idea on a panel. For a million reasons. My panel is in the corner of my room too. It isnt the builder who decides its the utility company. Is the panel flush mount or recessed in the wall? For flush mount put neoprene we
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ Yesterday at 10:58 AM

Well my townhome room was a total afterthought and is really not insulated very well at all so it could be a lot of different things. I will try the foam insulation around the box and the weather stripping on the door. Hope its that easy...
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 10:55 AM

You could put insulation around it, but I wonder where the vibrations are actually coming from. The doors aren't known to close the most securely. You could try some really thin stick on foam weather stripping on the panel door itself so that it do
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverWell, after a couple of months wait, my HG Rosewood M22V4s arrived today. Being enveloped in a fine cloth sack was a nice touch & the aroma wafting out of the carton was wonderful. They are a work of art & w
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ Yesterday at 10:51 AM

Question on insulation: In my new construction home I was very unfortunate to learn that the only place the builder would locate the homes electrical panel board is in the room which I have assigned as my dedicated home theater. I am currently
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting intp dolby atmos? litimed avr choices by BlueJays1 @ Yesterday at 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: msjpearsonOriginally Posted By: BlueJays1 Can't tell you about the in-ceiling M3 but I recently set up a 5.2.2 (Dolby enabled front) in a small-medium room/10 foot ceiling with an Onkyo 636 and The Expendables 3 was amazing in
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 08:01 AM

Nice! Congratulations on the new arrivals!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 07:57 AM

Me too! Feels like a long way off still. Makes me appreciate all the build threads I've read even more now.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 07:55 AM

Bump for updates. pics mandatory.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 01:51 AM

Well, after a couple of months wait, my HG Rosewood M22V4s arrived today. Being enveloped in a fine cloth sack was a nice touch & the aroma wafting out of the carton was wonderful. They are a work of art & well worth the wait. The Cabinet
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by CV @ Yesterday at 12:19 AM

Looking good. I can't wait to see and hear about the final result.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting intp dolby atmos? litimed avr choices by msjpearson @ 01/28/15 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueJays1 Can't tell you about the in-ceiling M3 but I recently set up a 5.2.2 (Dolby enabled front) in a small-medium room/10 foot ceiling with an Onkyo 636 and The Expendables 3 was amazing in Dolby Atmos. The new Dolby Surro
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by exlabdriver @ 01/28/15 08:12 PM

Unfortunately empty in their nice packaging. I haven't even used them yet. I must be getting old... TAM
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting intp dolby atmos? litimed avr choices by BlueJays1 @ 01/28/15 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: msjpearsonAnyone set up with Atmos? If so, are you using the in-ceiling M3's? Thinking of upgrading to Atmos and would love some feedback. Hard to read reviews onsite, as the link brings up the standard M3 review, without spec
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting intp dolby atmos? litimed avr choices by msjpearson @ 01/28/15 06:47 PM

Anyone set up with Atmos? If so, are you using the in-ceiling M3's? Thinking of upgrading to Atmos and would love some feedback. Hard to read reviews onsite, as the link brings up the standard M3 review, without specific mention to the in-ceiling m
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by MarkSJohnson @ 01/28/15 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverMy daughter got me a lovely pair of Guinness Beer Glasses like that for Christmas. Empty or full? Just gauging her love for you!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 12' desk by brwsaw @ 01/28/15 05:44 PM

Reclaimed wood would get my first vote. More character, better wood, etc.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ 01/28/15 05:37 PM

You forgot the
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/28/15 03:21 PM

SNOW DAY across the Island! Ok, coffee is over I guess. Back to work. Doors are well on their way. I didn't have much to go off of plans wise so I made one up based on all I've read and learned so far. These will set up overnight and I can fill
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by exlabdriver @ 01/28/15 03:10 PM

My daughter got me a lovely pair of Guinness Beer Glasses like that for Christmas. Classy & cool looking... TAM
The Water Cooler
I know! Why not a nicely cut and polished chunk of the Burgess Shale? The brag factor would be huge. (I'll bet it'd look pretty cool, too!) All kidding aside, Chess, if you've written on climate change, is it published somewhere we can access it? I
The Water Cooler
Chess, I'm telling ya, sealing is not what is seams to be. It's mostly snake oil. And no, mine has no stains, and it isn't because the rock is dark. There is plenty of silver in it. Here's a couple pics....
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/28/15 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By: nickbuolYeah, unless you have a multi-thousand dollar hole in your pocket. I have been VERY excited about Atmos since experiencing it at CEDIA, but I don't have the extra bank roll for that with the current generation 1 product
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 12' desk by CV @ 01/28/15 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: fredkCV, I believe the price is unfinished. I'm not surprised at the price. We've cut down most of the worlds large trees. What's left is very dear. Oh, yes, I glossed over that. I'll be in the budget section of the lumber
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.