AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (kzx87), 51 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22877 Topics
404362 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17775
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11200
MarkSJohnson 10886
Meanwhile On Facebook

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
I'd prefer a combination of the two systems, really. But hey, it's a really nice car and it has the oomph when it needs it.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Once again..7-8 passenger vehicle recommendations? by a401classic @ 09/27/14 06:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken.CWell, this Ecoboost is the one intended to replace a V8, so the mileage is better than that would have, but it's still a 350HP engine with 350lb/ft of torque. So we get about 11/20. There is no V8 offered in the Flex. I
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 09/27/14 04:45 AM

Remind me what brands of home theater seating you've liked the most. Or normal theater seating if it's available for purchase by ordinary consumers. I'm going to check out one store this weekend, but I'm afraid they'll be asking more than I'll want t
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 09/26/14 06:39 PM

Ahh, when you said "with its back to the open space" I was thinking "my back" not "the back of the speakers". Nope, haven't tried that but will think about it, thanks !! First problem would be finding a way to get into
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by brwsaw @ 09/26/14 02:52 PM

If the last picture is the most current it would be the opposite of my last post. The front wall (currently behind the speakers) would become the back wall, behind your seat. I can't say it would be worth the effort but I can confirm the idea has wor
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by Serenity_Now @ 09/26/14 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKay Have you seen the TV ad where the beautiful young woman exits her car in stopped traffic to run over the tops of the vehicles ahead of her to get to the Magnum delivery truck? I think she thought it was carrying condoms.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by Murph @ 09/26/14 12:48 PM

Nutty Dipped for her/his pleasure. Notice how I even was politically correct with that crude remark. It's true, you CAN be crude and politically correct at the same time. Who knew?
The Water Cooler
It weighs like 4500 lbs, so it turns out it has around the same power/weight ratio as our old Volvo 850 Turbo wagon. A much less pronounced turbo note than that one, though.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by BobKay @ 09/26/14 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonBTW, you knew that I meant that they were concerned about their girlish figures, right? Mark, wouldn't any one of those actuslly kill you? Have you seen the TV ad where the beautiful young woman exits her car in
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by BobKay @ 09/26/14 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: MurphThe game I like to play at the supermarket is is with those people that insist in putting the spacer bar between thier stuff and my stuff, no matter how much distance I leave between us. I'm always amazed at how paranoid s
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: CatBratI remember, as a teenager, I had long hair, and when I walked down the side of a rode shirtless, all the guys would turn around and gawk as they drove by, only to see the look on their faces as they realized I wasn't a wo
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Once again..7-8 passenger vehicle recommendations? by real80sman @ 09/26/14 08:59 AM

350HP?!?! Holy crap! I'm envious, but I couldn't afford to keep tires on the thing......
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Once again..7-8 passenger vehicle recommendations? by 1sweetspot @ 09/26/14 01:27 AM

Good choice! Great color. In hindsight I wish I had gone with the ecoboost but the base 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 has enough power for day to day. Yours must have some serious snap.
The Water Cooler
That's a great choice Ken!
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 09/25/14 06:46 PM

The original setup had the speakers against what is now the right wall. That didn't work for a couple of reasons -- evil first reflection off the back part of the cathedral ceiling, and really weird bass response (see page 1 for details). The curre
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by brwsaw @ 09/25/14 05:56 PM

I want one
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by brwsaw @ 09/25/14 05:51 PM

Have you turned the set up with its back to the open space? I gave advice to spin a room 180 degrees once, and after a few days followed my own advice to see what it would do in my own room. It made a nice difference, note worthy for sure. I'd add wh
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by CatBrat @ 09/25/14 05:21 PM

Nurse! We're losing him! Quick! The box of kittens!
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 09/25/14 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowThanks for the feedback on the soundstage depth question. It seems you are taking more of a studio/HT approach to your treatment situation. Be careful with thinking purely LE/DE. Seems like you are being pretty ex
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by Serenity_Now @ 09/25/14 02:50 PM

Thanks for the feedback on the soundstage depth question. It seems you are taking more of a studio/HT approach to your treatment situation. Be careful with thinking purely LE/DE. Seems like you are being pretty experimental and staging your proces
The Water Cooler
I reaaaaaally wish I'd tried that now.
The Water Cooler
I remember, as a teenager, I had long hair, and when I walked down the side of a rode shirtless, all the guys would turn around and gawk as they drove by, only to see the look on their faces as they realized I wasn't a woman.
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: BobKayNo DMV will allow you to register THAT vehicle if you have long hair. It would just freak out too many other drivers. Up here it's still OK as long as you're wearing a Grateful Dead t-shirt.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Once again..7-8 passenger vehicle recommendations? by MarkSJohnson @ 09/25/14 11:38 AM

But were you expecting the fisting? Jeeez, I just have to stop posting today......
The Water Cooler
I knew as I changed pages someone had a NOOOOO! waiting.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.