AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (Ken.C), 149 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22900 Topics
404652 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17782
pmbuko 16280
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10904
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday! by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 09:38 AM

Jeeez, ALL THE RAIDERS DIED, TOO?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Happy Birthday! by BobKay @ Yesterday at 09:05 AM

To Bill Wyman of the Rolling Stones. He turns 78 today! Whoa! There was nothing in the '60's that would have led us to believe that this could actually happen. And a RIP to Paul Revere (and the Raiders) who died last week @ 76.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Another argument.... by Murph @ Yesterday at 08:30 AM

All jokes aside, that is pretty interesting.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by Murph @ Yesterday at 08:28 AM

I want new stuff!!!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Another argument.... by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 08:21 AM

.... for double-blind testing....ummmm...tasting....being necessary: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/10...tm_content=2047
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with surround speakers placement by bridgman @ 10/23/14 11:48 PM

I used to have my QS8s wall-mounted at maybe 6 feet off the ground (strictly speaking one was wall mounted and one balanced on a pile of soup cans, but let's not go there). These days I have them at ear level on stands. Going only from memory, I thi
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by exlabdriver @ 10/23/14 11:27 PM

Due to the quad polar design of the QS series, they are very forgiving wrt placement. My QS8V4s are mounted on our back wall at about 5' from the floor. Due to the odd shape of our room, they are far from being equidistant from the MLP; however, Au
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by Socketman @ 10/23/14 11:14 PM

It will be a few days until I have it set up and mess with all the settings. I am going to use this as an opportunity to try and straighten out the mess of wires I have. Since Dirac is not installed yet I will have to take the time to enter in speake
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ 10/23/14 09:48 PM

Hello there, I have been off of the forum for a long time, perhaps 7 years. Life has gone in interesting directions. Short story is I am back into this life and super excited. I'm planning a brand new theater room from scratch. I own a 7.1 on wall g
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by cohesion @ 10/23/14 09:18 PM

Anxious to hear your thoughts on how it sounds! (Both the XMC1 and the pineapple but not the grass skirt. Actually mostly just the first one. I already upgraded to multichannel watermelons.)
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Bob's New Trade-UP Promotion by cohesion @ 10/23/14 08:43 PM

Actually I'm fairly sure that gender reassignment is only funny when unintentional!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by Socketman @ 10/23/14 04:28 PM

Yeah its the tropical promo. Got a grass skirt too, wanna see it on LOL
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Bob's New Trade-UP Promotion by BobKay @ 10/23/14 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: oakvillemattSorry Bob.. but why would I want to downgrade to M100's when I have a far superior speaker right now? Perhaps you need to STFU and buy some LFR's That's right, Matt, go ahead! Wipe fascism completely off of the hu
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help with surround speakers placement by Aaron75 @ 10/23/14 04:21 PM

Hello there, I have been off of the forum for a long time, perhaps 7 years. Life has gone in interesting directions. Short story is I am back into this life and super excited. I'm planning a brand new theater room from scratch. I own a 7.1 on wal
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by MarkSJohnson @ 10/23/14 03:41 PM

Did Emotiva send a pineapple too?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by Socketman @ 10/23/14 03:23 PM

JUst came today.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Major headphone research revelation by Serenity_Now @ 10/23/14 11:34 AM

Did they use the microphone dummy head to calibrate to "in room" frequency response first? Those are so cool.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Bob's New Trade-UP Promotion by Serenity_Now @ 10/23/14 11:31 AM

Probably like going from lambo to ferarri. Same but different.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Bob's New Trade-UP Promotion by oakvillematt @ 10/22/14 09:42 PM

Sorry Bob.. but why would I want to downgrade to M100's when I have a far superior speaker right now? Perhaps you need to STFU and buy some LFR's
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Are you Kitten me? by Ken.C @ 10/22/14 08:32 PM

I die from the cute.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Bob's New Trade-UP Promotion by cohesion @ 10/22/14 07:21 PM

I guess the official announcement of this new promo should be coming along any time now! Unless Ian decided to STF UP about it...
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Major headphone research revelation by MarkSJohnson @ 10/22/14 07:05 PM

And the members of the NRC rise to their feet, clapping slowly at first.....
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Are you Kitten me? by CatBrat @ 10/22/14 05:03 PM

How to turn a kitten OFF.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Major headphone research revelation by pmbuko @ 10/22/14 04:11 PM

Harman International does a lot of scientific research in audio, and publishes papers on it. Their most recent study had to do with headphones and listening preferences of a wide variety of listeners. Those of us who've been around here a while will
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Bob's New Trade-UP Promotion by BobKay @ 10/22/14 03:27 PM

A few months ago, I was having a slow conversation (PM's) with Ian about the M100's. Ya, I know! How cool is it to have the ear (and, at least momentarily, a small part of the brain) of the owner/founder of an international anything! Well, OK, so I'
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.