AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
3 registered (fredk, nickbuol, bridgman), 48 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22902 Topics
404772 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17783
pmbuko 16282
SirQuack 13337
CV 11212
MarkSJohnson 10911
Meanwhile On Facebook

Ian and Andrew join in the debate about whether or not people want uncompressed...

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Cam's Birthday by CatBrat @ Yesterday at 11:37 AM

I had an uncle that would occasionally push his false teeth out at me when I was real little. Left me scarred for life.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by fredk @ Yesterday at 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: brwsawAt 9' I'd find a nice 65" tv. The 8000 is nice and if you could you probably wouldn't regret it. A 65" screen puts me into the same price range as the Benq 1070 + a decent 90"-100" fixed frame screen.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 09:10 AM

You are trying to be sneaky Aaron... Reposting the same post from yesterday... I'm on to you now. The Epson 5030 projector line is pretty good. That is easy. A working link for anyone looking at it is: Visual Apex Epson package Not sure that
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ Yesterday at 07:07 AM

anyone want to talk projectors? I'm probably in the under $2000 budget range for the projector only but there are some packages out there I am considering. VisualApex.com has a package that looks initially. http://www.visualapex.com/projector-pack..
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by fredk @ Yesterday at 04:58 AM

I checked out Seymour. Trouble is, them being in the US and only shipping UPS and Fedex it will cost an arm and a leg in fees for anything they ship. There is a small Canadian company called Elunevision that is not that far from me, so they are pro
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 12:37 AM

You do want to stay +/-9' from it. The new(newer) 4k screen is also worth considering.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Cam's Birthday by St_PatGuy @ 10/28/14 11:05 PM

A belated Happy Birthday wish, Cam. And congrats on the news about being an Uncle. Start practicing the "Pull My Finger" bit now. That's chapter 1 in the uncle handbook.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M3 or M22 for small bar? by Lampshade @ 10/28/14 10:46 PM

M3s are classic. Sound great. M22s sound great but look weird.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 10/28/14 08:00 PM

Thats whats going in my theater too . AT FTW!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 10/28/14 07:44 PM

Seymour XD!!!! It perfectly hides my great M60 fronts and VP180 center (plus 2 subs, but they aren't as "nice" to look at).
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P Jack Bruce by Eno @ 10/28/14 07:33 PM

I'm so sad, I'm so sad, I'm sad, I'm sad, I'm sad. Without you there would not have been "Sunshine of Your Love". RIP Jack
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by brwsaw @ 10/28/14 07:28 PM

My XD screen does an amazing job. I'd second the idea and get a third on-wall to match.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ 10/28/14 07:06 PM

Quite possibly true but I'm a tad to proud of my Axiom speakers to hide them behind a screen. Also isnt it pretty hard to find a transparent screen that will reflect a high quality image?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: My display is dying by Serenity_Now @ 10/28/14 05:57 PM

I've tried DIY blackout- great results DIY white vinyl -whites were blown out and poor off axis viewing I have seen several low end screens sub $300 and the all look fine once you are watching. I wouldn't mess with gain above 1.0 or go silver scre
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 10/28/14 05:43 PM

Your LCR situation is ideal for locating behind an acoustically transparent screen.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Cam's Birthday by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 10/28/14 05:29 PM

Thanks, guys! I had a great night out with friends and family (which I don't remember much of) on Saturday night. Tonight, I'm having dinner with my parents and sister. I got an awesome early birthday present this year. My sister just got engaged
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M3 or M22 for small bar? by mrspeeed @ 10/28/14 05:11 PM

I have the M3 outdoor, M22 OW and M22 IW. For this particular application I would go with the M3 and pass on the sub.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by bridgman @ 10/28/14 03:55 PM

Whoops, brwsaw made the same suggestion as me (shorten the hallway) but a full page before me
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? by MarkSJohnson @ 10/28/14 03:43 PM

Funny baby costumes!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by MarkSJohnson @ 10/28/14 03:37 PM

And it sounds extra-elevenish.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by MarkSJohnson @ 10/28/14 03:36 PM

That explains the buzzing sound in the background. I thought it was just my headphones.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by Murph @ 10/28/14 03:32 PM

My Pre/Pro goes to 11.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by Murph @ 10/28/14 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonJust ordered The Wild Feathers CD That sounds like a CD tutorial on how to use a sex toy. Are you sure you posted on the correct web board?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: XMC- 1 In Da HoUsE by Socketman @ 10/28/14 03:30 PM

FWIW this is not an amp ,nor does it have an amp. Not sure how this got started into the All Amps sound the same conversation any way.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Cam's Birthday by Murph @ 10/28/14 03:28 PM

Where did my post go? I wished you Happy Birthday this morning!!! I either forgot to hit [submit] or I told you you should do something fun but obscene for your birthday and it got deleted. One can never be sure.... Whatever it was, do it anyways
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.