AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
2 registered (oakvillematt, CatBrat), 89 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22823 Topics
403195 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17739
pmbuko 16258
SirQuack 13318
CV 11136
MarkSJohnson 10830
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Think? by brwsaw @ 07/21/14 12:52 AM

Tam, Have you listened to the M80HP or M100 without a sub?
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 by bridgman @ 07/20/14 11:54 PM

A few more questions that might help to herd the problem into a corner... - Is the DSP plugged into the same circuit as the other equipment ? Just checking on this one... I wanted to ask "how about switching off or unplugging the DSP and waiti
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 by JohnK @ 07/20/14 11:20 PM

Matt, if I followed, the LFR DSP appears to be the only factor causing the hum. All your changes, including a different amp and pre-amp, didn't affect the hum problem as long as the LFR DSP was still in the circuit. There isn't any apparent way tha
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 07/20/14 11:13 PM

OK, took the "ugly" down a bit but still need to work on the "straight"... The fabric isn't all that transparent (you can breathe through it easily but you know it's there) but I figure the room was a bit too dead anyways. The
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 by exlabdriver @ 07/20/14 08:59 PM

Do you have Cable TV/Internet connected to that system? If so, that is a good place to start as troubleshooting found that was the culprit. My EP800s hummed as did my previous Velos. It was easily fixed on the 800s by unscrewing the Chassis Groun
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 by Socketman @ 07/20/14 08:57 PM

If the plug is a 3 prong try lifting the ground. I use a modified 2 prong extension cord . Ground loop hum can be a real sob. My phono preamp picks up all kinds of stray EMI . Try moving the dsp as far away from everything else as you can as a test.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Anoying humm in my LFR1100 by BlueJays1 @ 07/20/14 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: oakvillemattI refused to believe that Axiom would send out new speakers or components with a defect. So for the past 2 months I have been listening to my LFR1100 with a definate humm coming from the mid and woofers. I have tr
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Anoying humm in my LFR1100 by oakvillematt @ 07/20/14 05:09 PM

I refused to believe that Axiom would send out new speakers or components with a defect. So for the past 2 months I have been listening to my LFR1100 with a definate humm coming from the mid and woofers. I have tried replacing my RCA interconnect
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Think? by Socketman @ 07/20/14 05:06 PM

In the original post the OP wanted to shrink the footprint of the speakers. The 80's are big for sure.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Think? by exlabdriver @ 07/20/14 03:55 PM

True; however, according to what I've read from other disgruntled people trying to sell their speakers (especially Axioms) over the past couple of years, you probably will be even more disappointed to see what you can get for them on ebay. As far as
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Think? by Socketman @ 07/20/14 12:42 PM

@ Captain Trading in is never as lucrative as making a private sale. Trading in is good for the impulse buy much like trading in a car. I once worked for a used car lot as a mechanic and they often brought me what was called a dollar car from a tra
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Think? by exlabdriver @ 07/20/14 12:12 PM

Interesting - I thought that Axiom was more than generous with me when I traded some stuff in... TAM
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Audioholics Video by Spoiler @ 07/20/14 11:35 AM

I especially enjoyed the "similarly good" comments starting at 6:45, along with the giggling yes-man next to him.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Think? by Adrian @ 07/20/14 09:16 AM

I'd just add a sub to your current system. I'm at a loss as to why people think a bookshelf speaker with stands is either saving a whole lot of space or money vs tower speakers...similar footprint, price gap narrows a fair bit if you're buying stands
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Think? by Captain4105 @ 07/20/14 01:07 AM

John, thanks for the celestion placement tip. After submitting the M80v3's to the trade up program for an estimate, I was disappointed with the amount Axiom would allow. I do not blame them, but I cannot justify to myself the extra cost to trade
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 07/19/14 11:28 PM

Thanks Nick. I hadn't thought about making the frame deep enough to include the air gap -- that's a great idea and takes care of the inevitable "gee why are your pictures sticking out from the wall ?" questions. Thanks ! I was eyeing anoth
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by nickbuol @ 07/19/14 10:59 PM

Hey, glad that you are getting things figured out acoustically. My panels that I made were using custom printed fabric so that they were the standard "solid colored rectangle." A number of people over at AVS use this in a 24" x 36&quo
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 07/19/14 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: SocketmanYou definitely have a room that is working against you. Yeah, I had to plan the house in a real hurry and didn't think about acoustics. The builder asked about stepping down the foundation for a home theater and I lau
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by Socketman @ 07/19/14 10:16 PM

Our local Walmart stocks some decent looking material worth a look if you have one near by . Pick up some lumber and get the staple gun fired up . Nick can probly add to this as he made some for his theater. You definitely have a room that is working
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 07/19/14 10:04 PM

OK, so I ripped out some furniture in the living room and made room so I could move my 2-channel system out there and get some decent sound. Much better than the dining room with the low ceiling but still not great. Sound is decent, but imaging is if
Home Theater
At first I thought you meant my butt cheaks would be hurting from the bass!!LOL
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dual/triple SUb Choice by exlabdriver @ 07/19/14 04:21 PM

I've been fussin with Audyssey for the last week trying to get it 'right'. My main concern was level matching of the EP800s with each other. I don't have a SPL Meter & am reluctant to spend a bunch of bucks on one for what I would think would b
Home Theater
Grab the next pair of 500's that are traded in and trade in your 350 for the 160. Warning; your cheeks might hurt (from smiling)for a few days
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Refurb Store by casey01 @ 07/19/14 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: IanThe Refurb Store really does create a win, win, win. We wanted to make trading up easy and at the same time create a place for some great deals. This is all working really well. I am not sure what all the numbers are to da
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Dual/triple SUb Choice by exlabdriver @ 07/19/14 01:03 PM

John: Thanks for the suggestion. I have some of TELARC's CDs of Micheal Murray from the past. So, much of the material on 'Organ Blaster' I already have. dak: Thanks for your kind offer. I already have the 'Revolutionary' SACD & even at -10
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.