AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
4 registered (Ken.C, Serenity_Now, exlabdriver, CV), 48 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13350 Members
11 Forums
22999 Topics
406794 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17819
pmbuko 16306
SirQuack 13352
CV 11326
MarkSJohnson 11009
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by Ajax @ 01/29/15 02:04 PM

Absolutely beautiful cabinets!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! They sound terrific just looking at them.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 01/29/15 02:02 PM

Yeah, I do owe a pic or two. I've spent the last couple of weeks gradually cleaning up the mess from all the plaster dust and continuing the apartment purge. Despite the plaster being low dust, because I ended up doing a lot more plaster work than
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ 01/29/15 01:49 PM

Receivers: YAMAHA RX-A3030 9.2 Network AVENTAGE AV Receiver Airplay OR DENON AVR-4520CI Denon's Flagship Home Theater Receiver 150wpc Powering Epic Grand Master - 350 Home Theater System 7.2
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by exlabdriver @ 01/29/15 01:31 PM

Here's some pics of our new toys - they are gorgeous on their stout FMS-16 stands. Ignore the outdoor reflections & for some reason the floor is not the right colour in a couple pics as it is much darker. The Mansfield Beech VP160 is certainl
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 12' desk by chesseroo @ 01/29/15 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: brwsawReclaimed wood would get my first vote. More character, better wood, etc. And a better story. To say that yep, my desktop came from a sunken Spanish galleon beam...is super nifty.
The Water Cooler
Thanks for all the opinions. We'll be considering budget and whether paying more is worth it or not but mostly taking a hard look at what we want aesthetically for the counters. I suppose if we find granite has too much variation then we'll tend towa
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by chesseroo @ 01/29/15 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowSNOW DAY across the Island! Almost bulletproof for Chess! Almost isn't good enough. Step up the effort already!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ 01/29/15 11:37 AM

Im a big boy! Just saw your second note about the spray foam being flammable! WOW. Good catch. I will try the Roxul. As far as the door do I remove the metal door all together and place an approved decorative door over the entire panel or leave
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/29/15 11:31 AM

Hope I didnt sound too harsh. An inspector would freak if they saw it.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ 01/29/15 11:26 AM

It is recessed into the wall. I see where you are going with this, Thanks.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/29/15 11:23 AM

^ Hope you see this before its too late. ^ Spray foam is extremely flammable. A fault in your panel would cause big fire concerns. The best thing to put in direct contact with a panel is nothing at all. Failing that I would do roxul. It wont bu
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/29/15 11:03 AM

Spray foam is a terrible idea on a panel. For a million reasons. My panel is in the corner of my room too. It isnt the builder who decides its the utility company. Is the panel flush mount or recessed in the wall? For flush mount put neoprene we
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ 01/29/15 10:58 AM

Well my townhome room was a total afterthought and is really not insulated very well at all so it could be a lot of different things. I will try the foam insulation around the box and the weather stripping on the door. Hope its that easy...
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 01/29/15 10:55 AM

You could put insulation around it, but I wonder where the vibrations are actually coming from. The doors aren't known to close the most securely. You could try some really thin stick on foam weather stripping on the panel door itself so that it do
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by nickbuol @ 01/29/15 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverWell, after a couple of months wait, my HG Rosewood M22V4s arrived today. Being enveloped in a fine cloth sack was a nice touch & the aroma wafting out of the carton was wonderful. They are a work of art & w
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Aaron75 @ 01/29/15 10:51 AM

Question on insulation: In my new construction home I was very unfortunate to learn that the only place the builder would locate the homes electrical panel board is in the room which I have assigned as my dedicated home theater. I am currently
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting intp dolby atmos? litimed avr choices by BlueJays1 @ 01/29/15 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: msjpearsonOriginally Posted By: BlueJays1 Can't tell you about the in-ceiling M3 but I recently set up a 5.2.2 (Dolby enabled front) in a small-medium room/10 foot ceiling with an Onkyo 636 and The Expendables 3 was amazing in
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by MarkSJohnson @ 01/29/15 08:01 AM

Nice! Congratulations on the new arrivals!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 01/29/15 07:57 AM

Me too! Feels like a long way off still. Makes me appreciate all the build threads I've read even more now.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ 01/29/15 07:55 AM

Bump for updates. pics mandatory.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Deals thread by exlabdriver @ 01/29/15 01:51 AM

Well, after a couple of months wait, my HG Rosewood M22V4s arrived today. Being enveloped in a fine cloth sack was a nice touch & the aroma wafting out of the carton was wonderful. They are a work of art & well worth the wait. The Cabinet
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by CV @ 01/29/15 12:19 AM

Looking good. I can't wait to see and hear about the final result.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting intp dolby atmos? litimed avr choices by msjpearson @ 01/28/15 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueJays1 Can't tell you about the in-ceiling M3 but I recently set up a 5.2.2 (Dolby enabled front) in a small-medium room/10 foot ceiling with an Onkyo 636 and The Expendables 3 was amazing in Dolby Atmos. The new Dolby Surro
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Real granite vs. manufactured "quartz" countertops by exlabdriver @ 01/28/15 08:12 PM

Unfortunately empty in their nice packaging. I haven't even used them yet. I must be getting old... TAM
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting intp dolby atmos? litimed avr choices by BlueJays1 @ 01/28/15 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: msjpearsonAnyone set up with Atmos? If so, are you using the in-ceiling M3's? Thinking of upgrading to Atmos and would love some feedback. Hard to read reviews onsite, as the link brings up the standard M3 review, without spec
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.