AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
1 registered (MarkSJohnson), 50 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13303 Members
11 Forums
22841 Topics
403597 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17751
pmbuko 16267
SirQuack 13321
CV 11160
MarkSJohnson 10848
Meanwhile On Facebook

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Pre-order our new in-ceiling speakers and save 25%! Offer ends August 11th.

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 08/19/14 05:18 AM

The depressing thing is that all this tweaking has done is "get the room out of the way" so the speakers can work as designed. Probably would have been easier to haul everything out in a field and listen there.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 08/19/14 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanI didn't buy more ComfortBoard, or move the existing panel, or even steal an extra panel from one of the bass traps -- no I confirmed the sound was still good in the listening position, and went back to work. It is kind
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: In the Nick of time! by CV @ 08/19/14 12:37 AM

By the way, pick something out of my inventory on Steam! Maybe a couple.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: In the Nick of time! by CV @ 08/19/14 12:36 AM

Happy Birthday here, too!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: In the Nick of time! by Ajax @ 08/18/14 11:40 PM

Happy Birthday, Nick. (Whew! Just made it in the..................................................last minute.)
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Oppo Region mod options? by oakvillematt @ 08/18/14 10:59 PM

if they were DVD's I'd suggest rip them to remove the region code and re-record them back to DVD. far cheaper solution.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: ported EP500 to a sealed sub.? by Mark_G @ 08/18/14 10:02 PM

The power amplifier in my EP500 v2 failed a couple of months ago, so rather than replacing the amplifier, the nice folks at Axiom let me trade up to an EP500 v4. If you're like me and primarily listen to music, you will be enthralled by the EP500 v4,
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M80HP by bridgman @ 08/18/14 09:55 PM

Looks great. Sounds like the system is really coming together. Until I saw that pic I had forgotten how deep M80s are.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: In the Nick of time! by nickbuol @ 08/18/14 09:50 PM

Thanks again everyone!
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: M80HP by EricH @ 08/18/14 09:32 PM

So after the M80 big hole unboxing drama, I hooked up my new M80 v4 High Powers, and they're sounding mighty fine. image url upload But stepping back a ways, I've owned the M80v3s since Nov 2011, and have been kicking myself recently b/c I didn
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: In the Nick of time! by Ken.C @ 08/18/14 09:13 PM

Happy birthday, dude!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Damn FedEx! by EricH @ 08/18/14 09:01 PM

Here's one of the new babies alongside her playmates. The new M80s complete my sound room upgrade, hopefully for a long while. More details in the larger M80 thread... image url upload
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Damn FedEx! by MarkSJohnson @ 08/18/14 08:50 PM

Truth is, I'd rather replace the driver than deal with shipping the speaker back because of damage to the cabinet / vinyl / veneer. Glad the speaker is OK! The double-boxing system that Axiom uses seems to be pretty effective at letting the speaker
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Damn FedEx! by EricH @ 08/18/14 08:47 PM

Yep - whatever punched through the box went through the cardboard, past the foam blocks, through the plastic bag speaker cover, then through the actual magnetically attached speaker grill. There is a 2mm x 3mm hole in the grill. Thinking of how
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Damn FedEx! by bridgman @ 08/18/14 08:37 PM

It's always a shock how much abuse the shippers manage to apply. IIRC one of my M60s arrived like that -- one box looked like it had been used for sword and club practice while the other was pristine, like it had been carried from Dwight by angels.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Damn FedEx! by brwsaw @ 08/18/14 08:33 PM

Those are great speakers. Don't forget to post more pictures.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 08/18/14 08:32 PM

I was wondering about the same thing yesterday -- whether the huge differences in sound quality I see from changing speaker placement or room treatment were typical, or (and you guys said it much more nicely) I was just wierd. I went 5 years or mor
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Damn FedEx! by EricH @ 08/18/14 08:24 PM

Yep, I emailed Debbie / Brent as well. At minimum, I need new boxes, these are trashed. Besides the holes, they're just all beat up and soft. The speakers are singing, they sound fine. More than fine. I need to post impressions on the larger M80
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Damn FedEx! by SirQuack @ 08/18/14 08:08 PM

I would still notify Axiom, they have a Fed Ex Rep they can contact for review. I had to do the same back when Fed Ex ran over my EP500 replacment amp crate with a jet.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Damn FedEx! by EricH @ 08/18/14 07:03 PM

Received my upgraded M80v4 High Power speakers today. yeah! WAIT, WHAT?!? HOLES?! I can directly feel the speakers, a few of the holes went between the foam blocks mounted on cardboard. ... 1/2 hour later, unboxing, mumbling, cursing whew.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by Socketman @ 08/18/14 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverThankfully I have aged hearing or perhaps I'm just not that observant... TAM I have become less critical with age.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by exlabdriver @ 08/18/14 06:25 PM

Thankfully I have aged hearing or perhaps I'm just not that observant... TAM
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The good stuff by Socketman @ 08/18/14 04:57 PM

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I admit it went over my head initially. But I have read enough of your posts here to know there had to be more to it. Good one btw.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The good stuff by MarkSJohnson @ 08/18/14 01:58 PM

I'm glad someone got it!
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by MarkSJohnson @ 08/18/14 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanThanks Murph, but don't worry I can quit any time. I mean just this morning I was walking to the CD player and heard an edgy sound I didn't like. Turned out that since I was standing up the Roxul panel covering the fir
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.