AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (J. B.), 94 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22875 Topics
404261 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17768
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11195
MarkSJohnson 10878
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Stereo
Jump to new posts M3 or M22 for small bar? by newf @ 09/18/14 10:34 PM

Trying to get some speakers for our small bar room. 12x19'x8'H, hardwood, lots of pine on walls. Mostly top 40 and rock music. Thinking of m3 or m22 since I need to mount them near ceiling. Will eventually get sub for room. Which one is better
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by Smom100s @ 09/18/14 10:25 PM

I cant pull them out more, wife will get upset. Due to the way my room is set up the m100s are on the long wall. M100s are set to large 40/60 xover depending on source. Settimg them on small with what xover? This would be better? thanks Bridgman f
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by bridgman @ 09/18/14 10:09 PM

If at all possible pull the speakers further from the wall. Based on experience with M60s and M80s I would think about 2 feet minimum from back of speaker to wall. Are the speakers against the long wall or the short wall ? Just trying to visualize
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: vp150 ok with m100s? by Smom100s @ 09/18/14 10:02 PM

Quick update: Im starting to get mixed feelings about these speakers. Sometimes they sound great and other times I get disgusted. Listened to cds Ive enjoyed for years now sound like ****. The m100s are extremely sensitive to room placement and ver
What's New At Axiom
We plan on having a Master Volume control remote available if you choose the AxiomPlay wireless option. It would work through our WebUI so it would be WiFi based and controlled from your phone, tablet, or computer. Likely we will make it a separate
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CatBrat by CatBrat @ 09/18/14 03:02 PM

The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 09/18/14 02:39 PM

Good to know! I was actually looking at one of their sinks since I like the black look, too.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Pre-amps, Integrated Amps, Integrated Zone Amp by MarkSJohnson @ 09/18/14 10:21 AM

Sometimes he's eating crunchy stuff and doesn't hear the IMs!
What's New At Axiom
Can't you just IM him when you want to adjust the volume ?
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Pre-amps, Integrated Amps, Integrated Zone Amp by MarkSJohnson @ 09/18/14 10:14 AM

My problem too. All of my equipment is temporarily being stored at Charles' house.
What's New At Axiom
Volume and on/off remote would be a deal breaker for me too. All my equip is in a different room.
What's New At Axiom
The latest pics also answer my question/concern about how the controls would be mounted -- having the mounting plate on the front is nice. The integrated amp sounds like a nice package. Since someone is bound to ask "sure, but where am I going to g
What's New At Axiom
Since I called the original wood concept pics "too home-made looking", I'll say that I'm liking the new wood panels pics much more now. They are now look like a polished product.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by Murph @ 09/18/14 07:42 AM

Since we do a lot of complaining, I like when I get to point out exceptional service to keep it fair. As an FYI, we purchased a Silgranit kitchen sink from Blanco and while we are happy with the sink, we are even happier with the unusually pleasant
What's New At Axiom
Any chance of a simple remote control for volume? Ideally RF for closed cabinets, or WiFi for control via smartphone. I just ordered LFR's with the integrated DSP/amp/preamp and the lack of remote volume control was my only hesitation since not all i
What's New At Axiom
What about DACs?
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by MarkSJohnson @ 09/18/14 06:16 AM

John, there's nothing meaningful I can add to your thread but wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading about your journey.
What's New At Axiom
Yes, we plan on making options available over time. This is the base model and then we will make the options available through “Customize Yours”. Things like our wireless platform and phono pre-amp inputs for both MM and MC are for sure; beyond tha
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 09/18/14 02:43 AM

Ha ha, thanks, guys. One good thing. I decided to finally give up on the apron sink for the kitchen. It would have take some real finagling to make it work, since IKEA doesn't make a cabinet that will work for the sink I bought without modifying it.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Room Tricks by bridgman @ 09/17/14 10:26 PM

OK, that was interesting. Now that the room is finally beaten into shape I figured the next step would be to roll some different speakers through it. I figured that Magneplanar 1.6 or 1.7 would be the next step (I really liked the Quad ELS's I had du
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vintage AXIOM AX5 series II by nickbuol @ 09/17/14 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: BdzThe cones were poorly damaged by its age. I thought that it was damaged when plugged into a car stereo as a subwoofer?? Restore or replace Just messing with ya. Yeah, call Axiom. They will know your options best and
The Water Cooler
I remember before one high school football game, a number of the starting line-up (including me) drank a can of Jolt Cola and ate a thing of Sprees candy (which is pretty much just sugar). Not only were we so hyped up on energy, but we were also sho
What's New At Axiom
Nice. Will the pre-amps include a phono input (followed by the inevitable MM/MC question) or should we plan for a separate phono preamp ?
What's New At Axiom
Those are real purdy.
What's New At Axiom
There will still be the black brushed aluminium front panels available.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.