AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
2 registered (Aaron75, alan), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13349 Members
11 Forums
22995 Topics
406736 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17819
pmbuko 16306
SirQuack 13351
CV 11321
MarkSJohnson 11007
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by michael_d @ 01/24/15 03:24 PM

A friend of mine has a binary display watch... Rows of LEDs. He's an automation engineer who looses more IQ points in his sleep each night than I'll ever have. I cannot for life of tell time on that stupid thing...
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by St_PatGuy @ 01/24/15 03:22 PM

Chris, I'm like you--I feel weird if I'm not wearing a watch. And I don't think watches are as popular nowadays--cell phones are replacing them, I believe. A couple years ago I bought one of the cheaper Seiko automatic watches. I like the idea tha
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by MarkSJohnson @ 01/24/15 02:36 PM

I haven't worn one in years. I have a Flex on that wrist and use my cell for the time. I always liked watches, though!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by Lampshade @ 01/24/15 01:09 PM

Are watches less popular now? I feel weird if I'm not wearing one.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by tomtuttle @ 01/24/15 12:48 PM

I move that the minutes show the original motion having been passed unanimously.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: I expect crickets by SirQuack @ 01/24/15 12:24 PM

a lot of lower bass frequencies travel through the floor to the seating locations, does not surprise me to much that the buffer changed things. audio and sound are a strange thing...good info
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: I expect crickets by Socketman @ 01/24/15 12:14 PM

You know what they say, if you cant be handsome at least be handy.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by fredk @ 01/24/15 12:07 PM

Oh yeah, one of those things I lose 3 months after buying.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by fredk @ 01/24/15 12:06 PM

What's a watch?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by Lampshade @ 01/24/15 11:51 AM

Yes. You are right about the word mechanical. I was excited to try a mechanical watch, but I think quartz matches my personality better.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by J. B. @ 01/24/15 11:27 AM

shouldn't you say mechanical vs quartz? an automatic watch is one that winds up the spring from your arm movements - no battery. i think all quartz watches have a once-per-second beat of the seconds hand. (the Bulova Precisionist and a few others
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Watches: Automatic vs. Quartz by Lampshade @ 01/24/15 11:05 AM

I wanted an automatic watch. I have never owned one. I have been drooling over some Japanese Domestic Market Seiko automatics. Seiko Sarb017 and Sarb035 for examples. I love the idea of mechanical movements and craftsmanship(that I can afford). But
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: I expect crickets by Serenity_Now @ 01/24/15 09:15 AM

I found some of the rubber dots recommended first by Socketman. It never occured to me to use them for anything other than cupboard door stops. I tore the drawer liner off and put the rubber dots just inside of the glue marks the original felt pads
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: I expect crickets by a401classic @ 01/24/15 07:21 AM

The M3's I just got for my son came with those little dots and we used them. They work great and we didn't notice any difference in sound before and after.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: 4K Blu-ray by nickbuol @ 01/24/15 04:53 AM

Welcome back Spiff. I am trying to think of something witty to say, but it is almost 4:00am and I should have been in bed hours ago.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts (resolved) Re: m80v3 and harman hk3700/3770 by Adelin @ 01/24/15 04:39 AM

Hello, Yes i'm still trying to feed two M 80v3 with any system available. looking for informations everywhere. It took time for me but i realized: Integrated amplifier is the simple way. hifi preamp + pro/hifi power amp come second. Features ireq
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by brwsaw @ 01/24/15 03:25 AM

Aye
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 01/24/15 02:13 AM

What animals do feet make?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by fredk @ 01/24/15 01:35 AM

All those in favour of hand turkeys on CV's wall say aye. "Aye."
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: I expect crickets by Socketman @ 01/24/15 01:03 AM

At Walmart I found something that looks like a tiny clear rubber ball cut in half with adhesive on the flat side that worked really well for what you are doing plus I used them on my center channel speaker. They look like 1/2 of a 1/4" ball. The
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Latest on the EP400 updates? by CV @ 01/24/15 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: oakvillemattWhat do you mean by rest of our speakers? are you talking about subs or speakers like the M80? I am wondering if you could give us an idea as to what dimensions you are envisioning and if they will still give that
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: CV's Subterranean Adventure by CV @ 01/24/15 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: St_PatGuyIt's been a few years, but I can paint hand turkeys on the wall. That way you can have hand turkeys running through your forest. If I work alone all of them will be facing right. They will look like a herd of hand tu
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: I expect crickets by bridgman @ 01/23/15 11:20 PM

Scary how much difference a small change can make. Now that I have the living room sounding decent I'm afraid to change anything.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: I expect crickets by Serenity_Now @ 01/23/15 10:48 PM

This is the stuff. Poison. Call me crazy. Cant wait to find a better solution. Probably spike the stands.
Stereo
Jump to new posts I expect crickets by Serenity_Now @ 01/23/15 10:30 PM

I expect crickets. This is how wierd this phenomenom is. I have bookshelves on homemade Cedar post (6x6) speaker stands. They have bases that are 12x12 doubled up material similar to the posts. Until now the bases were sitting on felt furniture p
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.