Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12709 Members
11 Forums
22685 Topics
400508 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17696
pmbuko 16225
SirQuack 13311
CV 11062
MarkSJohnson 10678
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Birthday, MarkSJohnson! by tomtuttle @ 04/17/14 01:56 PM

Bump for Saturday because I need to cross this off my list. HBD, MSJ.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? by MarkSJohnson @ 04/17/14 01:10 PM

Brutal, Bob. I'm trying to figure out if I should see this in an Atmos theater, a DBox Theater, an Imax theater, or a peep show theater: (NSFW) Linky (NSFW)
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by CatBrat @ 04/17/14 01:09 PM

I'm assuming the freq graph for the EP500 is only an estimate and not an actual measurement. It looks too even.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: The 13 year loyalist by exlabdriver @ 04/17/14 12:41 PM

Thankfully I'm too old to have joined the 'social media' thing; however, since I updated all of my Axiom sound systems starting in 2010, I began hanging out here with all of the fine folks who provide so much good natured banter here. This is in con
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ 04/17/14 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: troydOriginally Posted By: AndrewOriginally Posted By: brwsawIt will act as a co-located sub? I just experimented with 2 pos subs and after stacking them the ceiling vibrates/resonates very very quickly (think blade of grass whi
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ 04/17/14 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: fredkOriginally Posted By: Andrew...and revised tuning/alignments.... Do tell. Hi Fred, The revisions centre around lowering tuning frequencies to take advantage of the larger cabinets (EP125/175) and the improved parameter
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by troyd @ 04/17/14 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: AndrewOriginally Posted By: brwsawIt will act as a co-located sub? I just experimented with 2 pos subs and after stacking them the ceiling vibrates/resonates very very quickly (think blade of grass whistle). Edit: The 800 would
The Water Cooler
A friend called me a week ago to inform me that his Mom had died. She had been on her own until 92, then assisted living three years ago, then full-on nursing home care, dementia, etc. She was 95. His Dad died almost 30 years ago. I would say to Mike
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Ian @ 04/17/14 10:57 AM

Hi wschwartz, The EP400 requires a lot more amp power to achieve the same output at 20 Hz compared to the EP500 and the added power has to start being added at a higher frequency. This means the EP500 will play louder lower than the EP400 even thou
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ 04/17/14 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: brwsawIt will act as a co-located sub? I just experimented with 2 pos subs and after stacking them the ceiling vibrates/resonates very very quickly (think blade of grass whistle). Edit: The 800 would have been a beast before...
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ 04/17/14 10:40 AM

Originally Posted By: AdrianLooks like you guys have been busy, Andrew!! Can you tell me/us what advantage there is in going to a dual chambre design on the EP800? does it increase cabinet pressure thereby reducing distortion vs a shared chambre?
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ 04/17/14 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Crimson WrathWhy were sealed designs not considered until now? That was one of the main reasons why I did not go to Axiom for my sub woofers. This is a difficult question for me to answer since I wasn't at Axiom when the origi
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ 04/17/14 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonSounds exciting! Thanks for the update, Andrew! Will the pricing be the same? Thanks Mark! I believe the pricing will be increasing in line with the rest of v4 on April 23rd.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Andrew @ 04/17/14 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By: dakkonAndrew.. I was thinking about getting 3 of the new amps, for my older EP-600's all of which are the ported enclosure design.. Will the new amps work ok with the older enclosures? The new amp can be made to work, but it w
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Receiver - Which One - Budget in Mind. by stoudtlr @ 04/17/14 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By: jakewashBe wary of the 828 and Onkyo in general as the HDMI ports have been failing... Thanks for the info, but what brand/model would you recommend if not Onkyo? I definitely do NOT want any chance of HDMI issues. We have a
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by medic8r @ 04/17/14 08:31 AM

Ha! However, these were pretty popular and each have a place in my basement rec room.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by Murph @ 04/17/14 08:08 AM

Thanks for the detailed info Andrew. It sounds like a major shift in design philosophy and I can't wait to hear some reviews from the first board members to try them out. "analogue biquad" "I don't know what that it but it looks like a really good
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by Murph @ 04/17/14 07:52 AM

I saw Aerosmith outdoors about 10 years or so ago. They put on one hell of a show. Hours of non-stop energy. Sadly, the breakfast cereal never caught on. .
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by wschwartz @ 04/17/14 07:21 AM

Ian, with only a 2 db max room SPL difference between the EP400 and EP500, why is the EP400 only recommended for smaller rooms? Is there still a big difference in capability between the two models for larger spaces, particularly for music only?
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: New Forum Rule by MarkSJohnson @ 04/17/14 06:46 AM

Jason, stop living another life. [zombie]Stay here instead of living in the outside world..... become one of us.....One Of Ussssss..... [/zombie]
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by MarkSJohnson @ 04/17/14 06:41 AM

Aerosmith is probably my favorite all-time band.... though I like their stuff from the 70s best. Never seen them in concert, though! Is Slash standing in for Joe Perry, or do you mean that Slash is opening for Aerosmith?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dishwasher by MichaelTrottar @ 04/17/14 04:24 AM

Although more expensive manufacturers are no more more secure than a lot of the less expensive models. Bosch has released several MAJOR safety/fire remembers on their dish washer models in the last few decades.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: The 13 year loyalist by aquashankar @ 04/17/14 03:56 AM

Thank you John, great to hear from you too. Yes, the great escape from FB was necessary I feel. Don't get me wrong, it is a wonderful site for information. But getting to the right information is after laborious scrolling. Funny how time tempers emo
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by fredk @ 04/17/14 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Andrew...and revised tuning/alignments.... Do tell.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Official v4 Subwoofer Thread by fredk @ 04/17/14 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: chesserooOriginally Posted By: Andrew The non-DSP models now feature signature Axiom trapezoidal cabinets, Now this i would love to see. Originally Posted By: Andrewacoustic suspension designs. I'm sure that there will be m
Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.