AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
2 registered (MarkSJohnson, ClubNeon), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22945 Topics
405822 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11271
MarkSJohnson 10966
Meanwhile On Facebook

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 12/14/14 01:54 PM

Hmm, I suppose a 1/2" drill should have a larger gear box. I went by Canadian Tire today and did not even see a shelf space for the 1/2" hammer drill, but according to their web app there are two in the very store I was at. Go figure. Ed
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M3 In-Ceiling Loudspeakers by newf @ 12/14/14 01:47 PM

So I got my four M3's installed and experienced my first Atom movie. Quite impressed. Although I really have to move my ceiling mounted QS8's now as its impossible to hear the difference between my QS8's or Top Rears from the MLP. The M3's sound r
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by BobKay @ 12/14/14 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: MurphA song from my buddy's brother's band made #11 in Rolling Stone's top singles for 2014. Pretty big deal for a band full of kids from PEI and Nova Scotia. Avvays Andrew, that'd be a big deal no matter who you are or f
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Socketman @ 12/14/14 12:41 PM

When we moved our hoist at work , the boss bought a 1/2" mastercraft combination hammer drill and it worked great and still does even after drilling 10 5/8 holes in the concrete. Chances are you wont need the hammer drill again but the one he g
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 12/14/14 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowDumb question You used a hammer drill, right?... Well, um, I've drilled holes in concrete (a wall) with a regular drill with success before using a nail to break up aggregate. When its two holes in 5 years, i
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Subwoofer cable/connection advice by icehawk21 @ 12/14/14 12:24 PM

The low-level RCA input and output connectors on my EP500 amplifier have come loose and the input connector is no longer working (unless I apply constant pressure to it to make a connection). So I'm trying to determine the best way to address this i
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Adrian @ 12/14/14 11:12 AM

I've used Tapcon and various similar-type replacements(Cobra, Duracut) all over the basement(subfloor, framework to hold insulation batts against wall) to great effect. Alas, I must admit I have a Rotary Hammer with SDS bits, not the straight shank b
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by Serenity_Now @ 12/14/14 09:08 AM

Dumb question You used a hammer drill, right? Hammer drill + hammer drill bit = tapcon success. The bits in the tapcon screw pack are barely passable for grout even. I feel your pain.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Fred's (hopefully) excellent HT adventure by fredk @ 12/14/14 08:35 AM

Who knew drilling a couple of holes could be so difficult. 3 days, two sets of bits and two drills later I have two [barely] acceptable holes and a crappy set of bits to return. How can Tapcon throw in a bit that is so far our that a 5/32 bit is l
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by fredk @ 12/14/14 07:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken.C<Braindead> Perfect condition for drinking coffee (or beer if you're into that sort of thing at 7:30am on a Sunday) and listening to music. Not so good for posting.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Your "Perfect Moment" song by fredk @ 12/14/14 07:38 AM

Grand Canyon 1979, watching the sun rise after drinking most of the night. The song: amazing grace The instrument: Bagpipes Watching the sun rise over the canyon? Beautiful. Piping the sun in? Priceless.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by Ken.C @ 12/14/14 07:28 AM

<Braindead>
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by chesseroo @ 12/14/14 01:10 AM

Just looking through this thread so i will add some thoughts. And damn, i can sometimes add ALOT OF thoughts. Originally Posted By: storm266 Mp3/acc/cd & ps3 : some of view pointed out that axiom can let say hilight weak recording and improve s
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Your "Perfect Moment" song by bridgman @ 12/14/14 01:03 AM

Driving on the highway with a car full of friends early in the morning, heading east for a ski trip in Vermont. We left in a hurry so I didn't have time to change out the music (I guess it was cassettes back then ?) to include some music my friends w
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by storm266 @ 12/13/14 11:41 PM

Ok thanks thanks for your input. Few point I would still like to have comments on please: Mp3/acc/cd & ps3 : some of view pointed out that axiom can let say hilight weak recording and improve sound of good recording. So what do you think ab
Stereo
Jump to new posts Your "Perfect Moment" song by Serenity_Now @ 12/13/14 08:31 PM

Tonight was a great night. We are getting situated in our new lives here and hosted a dinner party with some new friends. I took it upon myself to try to keep the night going with only vinyl. A not so trivial task when barbequeing and keeping drin
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by fredk @ 12/13/14 06:47 PM

I agree with you and Ken, Mark. I actually have two bonus tracks on a Jethro Tull disk that are so badly recorded you can't listen to them on a good system, but those are the only two I've come across. Yes comes to mind as a group I really like tha
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Help choosing good floorstanding speaker. by MarkSJohnson @ 12/13/14 06:32 PM

I would kind of lean in Ken's direction. Maybe I'm just fortunate to not have a lot of crappy recordings/masterings. but I think it's not that the poorly mastered stuff sounds awful as much as it just really pales in comparison to the well-recorde
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by MarkSJohnson @ 12/13/14 06:29 PM

That there is funny, Bob.
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.