AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (Kevin1, Ken.C), 43 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22902 Topics
404772 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17783
pmbuko 16282
SirQuack 13337
CV 11212
MarkSJohnson 10911
Meanwhile On Facebook

Ian and Andrew join in the debate about whether or not people want uncompressed...

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#122926 - 01/04/06 12:06 PM Re: A good SPL Meter
davemire Offline
old hand

Loc: Peterborough, ON
Above all, I appreciate quality, fidelity, and a clear and precise sound stage (Hence my love for Axioms) But as a musician, specifically a bass guitarist, I also love the punch and low rumble of loud bass, extremely loud in most cases. Therefore, 143Db is just a start of my bass end, and when I am at home I listen to clear quality sound from my system.... make more sense

I strive to find the perfect sound, and find myself scrutinizing my home audio system constantly. That makes me an 'extreme' audiophile. *Sit in the dark and listen; pick it all apart, while constantly playing with all the settings and placements.*

#122927 - 01/04/06 12:20 PM Re: A good SPL Meter
dakkon Offline
connoisseur

eek.. in the dark, with no big screen.... sheesh..

#122928 - 01/04/06 12:24 PM Re: A good SPL Meter
Wid Offline
axiomite

Loc: The Peoples Republic of Il.
In reply to:

I strive to find the perfect sound, and find myself scrutinizing my home audio system constantly. That makes me an 'extreme' audiophile. *Sit in the dark and listen; pick it all apart, while constantly playing with all the settings and placements.*

Is there really such a thing as a perfect audio system? I used to do the same thing, listen to the system and pretty much forget it is the music that really counts. I have had the existing system for a bit over two years and the wanting to buy new pieces of equipment is done. I can just sit there and enjoy the music and not be concerned about "the system". This is, imo, what we all strive to achieve but I do wonder how many actually get to this point.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#122929 - 01/04/06 12:27 PM Re: A good SPL Meter
davemire Offline
old hand

Loc: Peterborough, ON
Well, I only get scruitinize the speakers that aren't Axiom. Since I got the m22ti's I found myself pulling out the old albums and just loving the music. I couldn't be happier now.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.