Question about wood veneers
#143695 07/16/06 10:34 AM
B
Brock Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
B
I'm looking at starting with a stereo setup and adding speakers (to 5.1 eventually) and equipment as I can afford it over the next year or two. I haven't decided on a finish yet (leaning towards the regular vinyl for reasons of simple economics) but I was wondering if anyone who's bought real wood finish at different times has had a problem with the veneer matching what you already had. This worry might be completely unfounded, I don't know, but I thought I'd at least put the question out there and get any info I can.

Re: Question about wood veneers
Brock #143696 07/16/06 03:42 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Brock, you can order samples of the wood from Axiom for 25 bucks. I believe, as it was with the custom vinyl samples, you can apply the amount of money spent on samples towards the speaker.

Call Axiom and see if the can do any type of matching finish for your decor. It's worth a shot. I feel if you are going to spend some serious money on speakers you will keep, do what you can to get the finish you like.

It's like getting a great deal on a car because of a nasty color that nobody wants. It may feel good to save a thousand dollars or so at the time, but the car is something you're going to look at everyday and think, "Yuck."

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
Brock #143697 07/16/06 04:17 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
Veneer sheets do vary to some degree (highly dependent on species). For example, Hickory will never match. It’s too wild, but, that’s what’s so beautiful about it.

All that aside, I can understand why you would have some concern, but I will bet a paycheck that Axiom will do whatever they can to ensure that your needs are met. From what I’ve seen and experienced from this company is they will go to down right unbelievable distances to satisfy their customers.

michael_d #143698 07/16/06 07:53 PM
B
Brock Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
B
Quote:

Veneer sheets do vary to some degree (highly dependent on species). For example, Hickory will never match. It’s too wild, but, that’s what’s so beautiful about it.

All that aside, I can understand why you would have some concern, but I will bet a paycheck that Axiom will do whatever they can to ensure that your needs are met. From what I’ve seen and experienced from this company is they will go to down right unbelievable distances to satisfy their customers.

Thanks for the input; it's definitely sounding like Axiom is a great company to do business with. Between your post, and St_PatGuy's, I've had the idea that if I decide on a real wood finish, I can just have them send a small sample that matches the speakers perfectly (well, within reason ) and then mail that sample back to them whenever I'm ready to start adding on so they can match it as well as they can. I may be worrying about nothing and putting too much thought into this, but that seems like an easy way to put my worries to rest at least.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup