AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
6 registered (Kevin1, Ken.C, oakvillematt, Stsalomon90, fredk, brwsaw), 65 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13328 Members
11 Forums
22920 Topics
405198 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13340
CV 11236
MarkSJohnson 10941
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176544 - 09/13/07 09:13 PM Remember that dog.....
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
.....that I used to say I loved so much?

Well, it took him 10 years, but tonight he finally learned the difference between a kitty and a skunk.

#176545 - 09/13/07 09:17 PM Re: Remember that dog..... [Re: MarkSJohnson]
SirQuack Offline

Loc: Iowa
oh my, I remember when my neighbors english pointers (great hunting dogs) got into a skunk once. I've heard a tomato juice bath helps...

#176546 - 09/13/07 09:30 PM Re: Remember that dog..... [Re: SirQuack]
MarkSJohnson Offline

Loc: Central NH
Well, the only thing I knew about it was from the episide where the Partridge Family had a skunk on their bus....

A really nice girl at PetCo recommended a product called "Natural Miracle Skunk Scent Remover" (or something along those lines) that was $11 and worked well. She also recommended a de-skunk shampoo, but they were out of stock so she poured a tub of it from the grooming area's bulk stock...gave it to me at N/C, and added a bottle of saline for his eyes! Incredibly helpful!

I wonder if she would've been so helpful if I didn't take the dog into the store with me and poke around the aisles for awhile?

Well, OK...I'm kidding with that last part!

Right now, the dog smells better than the nighttime air in the neighborhood....so I guess that's a start!

#176547 - 09/13/07 10:06 PM Re: Remember that dog..... [Re: MarkSJohnson]
jakewash Offline

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Mythbusters did a test in the second season and a combination "of soap, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda proved to work best for actually eliminating the aroma of skunk musk. The precise formula may be found in the Skunk article."

Here is the link to the page.

My HT

#176548 - 09/18/07 09:59 AM Re: Remember that dog..... [Re: jakewash]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
Quote:

Mythbusters did a test in the second season and a combination "of soap, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda proved to work best for actually eliminating the aroma of skunk musk. The precise formula may be found in the Skunk article."

Here is the link to the page.

We use the same. It was recommended by my buddy who is a professor at the Veterinary College. It is the only thing we have found to work well but we haven't tried more than one commercial cleaner.

I have to mix a lot because he's an 80 lb. Lab who thinks that getting revenge on skunks is more important than smelling good.

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.