AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
3 registered (Ken.C, eman, Boltron), 40 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22877 Topics
404369 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17775
pmbuko 16274
SirQuack 13333
CV 11202
MarkSJohnson 10886
Meanwhile On Facebook

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Page 6 of 84 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 83 84 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#169930 - 07/21/07 08:34 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: Ajax]
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
Hey Jack!
Cool pictures!

And regarding the leather strap: I thought In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was only used for bathroom breaks?

#169931 - 07/23/07 10:35 AM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: MarkSJohnson]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
Aerosmith Saturday night !!!
Who ever said they would Kick A__ all night was right on! Cheap Trick was having some trouble working the crowd when I arrived but once Aerosmith came on, it was like somebody flipped a switch and energized the place.

I hope I have thier energy when I get to thier age.

#169932 - 07/24/07 05:49 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: Murph]
Rock_Head Offline
aficionado

Loc: Delta, BC, Canada
Murph,
I told you they would kick your a__! Glad you enjoyed the show. Aerosmith are definitely worth seeing.

#169933 - 07/25/07 10:01 AM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: Rock_Head]
Nachosgrande Offline
local

Loc: New York
OK...how about Metallica....in Moscow!!!

My wife and I spent a week there and caught them at Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow, holds 70,000 fans. We were about 15 bodies deep from the front of the stage. The energy in the stadium between band and crowd was unlike anything I have ever seen. The band was in top form and played many of their classic songs. Met many friendly people there.

One interesting note from the show was the military presence at the show - standing within the floor level inside the stadium, and throughout the entrances and exits to the arena. Certainly an experience!

I also ran into an impromptu live vocal performance while I was visiting one of the cathedrals. A five person vocal performance in a brick walled cavern off in one of the buildings. The voices started with a hum and broke into a beautiful piece - the lead vocalist had a magnificent bass that was deep and filled the room without electronics. I immediately wanted to capture this sound. Turns out they had CD's for sale. I bought one to hear on the Axioms - hopefully I can recreate that sound I heard. I believe the name of the group was Dvoros (or something like that).

#169934 - 07/25/07 10:07 AM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: Nachosgrande]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
Quote:

OK...how about Metallica....in Moscow!!!

1 word..... Jealous!

#169935 - 07/25/07 03:34 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: Nachosgrande]
Rock_Head Offline
aficionado

Loc: Delta, BC, Canada
Did James Hetfield have his potty mouth working (ie: f-bombs)? You are very brave to be 15 bodies deep from the front of the stage with that sized crowd. Must have been a fun time. Metallica usually attracts a high energy crowd.

#169936 - 08/28/07 02:32 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: Rock_Head]
MarkSJohnson Offline

For all the performances I've been privileged to see, I'm psyched to pay for one in October (different venue!).

I just received this notice:

Experience Hendrix! - October 18th
It is with great pleasure that we welcome the legendary rhythm section of the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Mitch Mitchell & Billy Cox celebrating the music and legacy of Jimi Hendrix. The show will feature Buddy Guy, Robert Randolph and Kenny Wayne Shepherd along with special performances by Robbie Krieger (legendary Doors Guitarist), Mick Taylor (legendary Rolling Stones Guitarist), Hubert Sumlin (Howlin Wolf's legendary Guitarist) and Indigenous.

Woo…… Freakin'……Hoo!

#169937 - 08/28/07 04:13 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: MarkSJohnson]
RickF Offline
axiomite

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
Quote:

Woo…… Freakin'……Hoo!

Man, I guess!

That's an awesome lineup, wow, ... have a great time Mark and be sure to post a couple (or a hundred!) pictures!

I'm extremely envious BTW.

smile

#169938 - 08/28/07 05:55 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: RickF]
pmbuko Offline

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
somehow I doubt he's taking his camera.

#169939 - 08/28/07 08:11 PM Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? [Re: pmbuko]
MarkSJohnson Offline

No camera for this show... it's at a different venue!

Page 6 of 84 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 83 84 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.