(I resisted the urge to title this thread "What candy bar are you enjoying tonight?")
After lunch, I felt the need for sugar, so I went next door to CVS and looked at their candy bar section. As I perused my options, I thought about which candy bars were my "old reliables", e.g. always have a taste for, vs those I only occasionally have a hankerin' for. Being a major sweettooth, there's not many candy bars I don't like. So, I thought this would be another way to get to know my Axiom brethren (and occasional sis ... uh, sistren ?
Here's what I came up with as far as favorites:
1. Snickers - the king of candy bars!
2. Twix - favorite road trip food.
3. M&M's (plain) - danger, easy to munch out of a big bag at work.
4. 100 Grand - don't always see this one; it needs more respect!
5. Crunch - also great in an ice cream novelty, as are 1,2.
Honorable mention: Reese's (easily my wife's favorite), Reese's pieces, all other M&M varieties, toffee bars (Heath, Skor), Caramello, Rolo, Milk Duds (I know, not a bar, but great home theater food), Nutrageous, Marathon bar (great memories in the 1970s)
Here's the ones I like least:
1. Zagnut - peanut butter and coconut, not a match made in heaven.
2. Baby Ruth - too sweet! Makes my teeth hurt.
3. 3 Musketeers - too much nougat; the "Where's the Beef" of chocolate bars.
4. Non-chocolate bars that invade the chocolate area, like Payday.
5. Zero - the white chocolate does not do it for me.
I was going to include a poll where we could select one favorite candy bar, but the list of options would seem daunting by this wikipedia list.
Oh well, at least the list makes for some nice research material... *chomp
Oh yeah, I ended up getting a Snickers. Long live the King!