AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
1 registered (Scottinwa), 46 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13303 Members
11 Forums
22840 Topics
403574 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17751
pmbuko 16266
SirQuack 13321
CV 11159
MarkSJohnson 10848
Meanwhile On Facebook

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Pre-order our new in-ceiling speakers and save 25%! Offer ends August 11th.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208708 - 05/20/08 11:23 PM i am going to kill my neighbors dog
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
If you see somebody on the news for killing a really loud yippy dog that never shuts up then it is probably me.

The owner's never let it in or even try and find out why it is barking in the middle of the friggin night.

I really don;t want to start a war with my neighbor since I do play my music SLIGHTLY loud at times with the back door open...

Anyway... does anyone here no how to remove the voice box out of a dog without killing it?

#208713 - 05/20/08 11:38 PM Re: i am going to kill my neighbors dog [Re: terzaghi]
duckman Offline
devotee

Loc: kansas
Reccomendations for a compact pistol Just kidding, of course. Reminds me of the Sienfeld episode where they kidnapped the dog and left it in the country.

#208716 - 05/20/08 11:47 PM Re: i am going to kill my neighbors dog [Re: duckman]
Ken.C Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
I got nothing, man. I got lucky when my neighbors got rid of their yippy dog. Good luck.

#208728 - 05/21/08 12:37 AM Re: i am going to kill my neighbors dog [Re: Ken.C]
nickbuol Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Marion, IA
We had people that lived in the house behind us that had 2 yippy dogs. All night, yip yip yip... Those dogs were outside pretty much 24/7 and I am not sure if they wanted food, water, or what.. After 2 years, they moved...

Now our neighbors right next to us let their 2 big dogs outside around 5:45AM and they both BARK (not yip) non-stop for 10 minutes. Annoying as heck! It wouldn't bother me as much if it was 8AM or something when I am up and gone to work, but 5:45AM when they are a retired couple that don't need to be up so early. I have yet to find a solution.

I did hear of someone putting an "anonymous" letter in someone's mailbox with a complaint letter that was nice, but firm, about the problem and stating that if things didn't improve that the police would be called for disturbing the peace or something like that. It was written as though it was from more than one person, although it never said it directly. Wording like "the noise can be heard throughout the neighborhood and is disturbing many families and households." This guy didn't ask anyone else if they were bothered, but made the assumption that they were so worded it so that the recipient would make the assumption that it WAS from multiple people. It had more pull that way.

That is a little more "passive" than a compact pistol or bowl of antifreeze, but should help out. Even if it doesn't fix the problem, you can use the fact that you gave him a letter as the basis for starting the noise complaint route.

#208731 - 05/21/08 01:03 AM Re: i am going to kill my neighbors dog [Re: terzaghi]
pmbuko Offline

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
I hate yippy little dogs just as much as the next person, but you should really direct all your anger at the owner. He never took the time to teach the dog how to behave properly.

#208733 - 05/21/08 01:17 AM Re: i am going to kill my neighbors dog [Re: pmbuko]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
Dog whisper that bitch!

#208743 - 05/21/08 07:18 AM Re: i am going to kill my neighbors dog [Re: CV]
DaveG Offline
aficionado

Loc: WI
I can understand your frustration with the neighbors. We have neighbors who 5 or 6 schnauzers, that yip and yap constantly throughout the day, makes me glad to be at work. I've considered giving them special doggy treats but I haven't figured out how to get the neighbors to eat them.

#208754 - 05/21/08 08:48 AM Re: i am going to kill my neighbors dog [Re: DaveG]
SirQuack Offline

Loc: Iowa
A real easy fix is to call the cops or sherif, in most cases they will not know which neighbor called. Most cities have a law on noise problems like this...

#208757 - 05/21/08 08:58 AM Re: i am going to kill my neighbors dog [Re: DaveG]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
I love dogs. All dogs really but I still place dogs into three categories. It more or less refers to their size but basically you have Yappers, barkers and woofers. I prefer the woofers, then barkers but I can still come to make friends with a yapper if he has been trained not to do it too often.

I agree with Pmbuko, all breeds have their own natural tendencies but in the end, the owner is responsible for their behavior.

On the darker side, is the dog still out there? Just a couple of weeks ago there was a tragic death of a lady in her home. Sad part was she was sitting in her window for days and no one noticed that she hadn't moved or payed attention to the dog barking to be let out. Finally someone figured out she had been in the window too long (or finally decided to care as this person had 'social issues') but by then it had been several days and the poor dog was not in good shape.

Not an urban legend, I know her childrens' adopted parents. The good news is that they have now also adopted the dog whom the children had always missed.

#208758 - 05/21/08 09:00 AM Re: i am going to kill my neighbors dog [Re: SirQuack]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Unfortunately my city requires that you sign the back of a report and be willing to be seen in front of the neighbor if they ask in order to file a noise copmplaint. Also, if the neighbor contests the complaint then you are required to show up in court...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.