AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403227 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17740
pmbuko 16258
SirQuack 13318
CV 11140
MarkSJohnson 10832
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209705 - 05/28/08 01:16 PM Re: So my wife wants to give ear candling a shot... [Re: Ken.C]
vassillios Offline
aficionado

Loc: Warrenton, VA
This will probably spawn some gutter mind reply's, but my wife and I candle each other every couple of months.

#209709 - 05/28/08 01:46 PM Re: So my wife wants to give ear candling a shot.. [Re: PeterChenoweth]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
 Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
Kinda gross to think about, but it's just wicking (literally!) out the wax from one's ear canal and using it for fuel. I'd have to think that it's safer than dumping lots of chemicals in there in an attempt to flush it out.

Except that in the Quackwatch link, it was established that

1. the process does not actually create the negative pressure required to draw the wax up against gravity,

2. The was on the plate that is allegedly from your ear is really from the candle, and that

3. 10% of ENTs surveyed had seen patients who had been harmed by candling (mostly burns).

I call bullsh!t. There are plenty of alternative medicines and procedures that have effectiveness, but this has not been proven to be one of them.

#209739 - 05/28/08 03:58 PM Re: So my wife wants to give ear candling a shot... [Re: Hutzal]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Yeah, Hutzal, what medic8r cited. The residue inside the candles will be there ever burning whether or not the candle is placed in your ear. That part is complete bs. I also found an account where a person used an otoscope to look into a subject's ear before and after a candling session and saw no difference other than a slight mark where the end of the candle had touched.

Have you tried verifying the results in this way?

#209749 - 05/28/08 05:42 PM Re: So my wife wants to give ear candling a shot... [Re: pmbuko]
BrenR Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Winnipeg MB Canada
I've read it's supposed to be quackery... usually I just pour 3% hydrogen peroxide in mine every once in a while... a throwback to having an double ear infection for a summer at 13 from the water park... doctor after doctor saw me, prescribing various otic solutions until finally one East Indian doctor took a look in my ears, told me to put peroxide in them for a week and it'd be gone.

Dag gummit... if he wasn't right... I've been keeping it up ever since... every once in a while.

Bren R.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.