Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 87 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 86 87
Re: So who did ya see in concert last night?
Adrian #316728 07/26/10 03:12 PM
R
veteran
veteran
R
I saw Interpol last night. Tiny little venue. Really good show, and very cool to be incredibly close to the stage. Two of their three albums are just great.

Next week I head to Chicago for Lollapalooza. Should be a really good three days. Soundgarden, Green Day, the Strokes, Spoon, Wolfmother, and Gogol Bordello (among others).

RayLewis #318406 08/13/10 01:43 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I think I mentioned my upcoming DMB shows but am getting excited so mentioning it again... smile

Got these via FedEx recently:

Heading out Saturday to see DMB in Wichita (orange tickets). I have GA floor tickets and plan on getting to the venue as close to noon as possible so I can get up near the front of the mob. (opening act starts at 7:00)

Then it's to Dallas on sept. 11 (blue tickets) while you guys are partying it up at the axiom plant.

John Mayer is between the two on 9/3. Going to be a good next few weeks!

-David
terzaghi #318685 08/15/10 11:57 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I Had a great time at the Wichita DMB show overall. Wife and I were in front and second rows respectively. Only my 3rd DMB show and definitely the best set list of the 3 (other two were OKC in 08 and Tulsa in 09). Also by far the closest I have been in the 3 concerts. I was in GA line a little before 1:00. Dave started at 8:30 and played a solid 2.5 hours. 6 hours total with no restroom break, but it was well worth it.

A few complaints:
I got a little frustrated with the two skanky chicks (who showed up a good 2.5 hours in line after us) proceeded to walk right in front of my wife and me and "hold" some drunk guys spot against the rail for him while he grabbed beer and pissed after only being in the venue for 15 minutes. Conveniently they did not move when he returned and the drunk guy plus the two chicks stayed in front of us. Eventually they scooted to the left and my wife got the spot on the rail so in the end it worked out (she is only 5'2" so was worried about her seeing clearly). Also, some WH'er (WH'er=warehouser=fanclub member) who claimed to have been to 250 shows tried to bring his buddy who was at the bar all day up to the front and I got a little frustrated there as well and told him to get the hell out of my way. I don't care how good you think you look or how many shows you have been to I was waiting since 1:00 and I'll be damned if someone who showed up just before entry was going to get in front of me.

Lastly, Someone nearby me was drinking a helluva a lot of beer and was really annoying. They sang every lyric out of tune as loud as they could and absolutely ruined Dave's Some Devil Encore.

Despite these issues my wife and I really had a great time. Dave tossed me a pick and my wife scored a stick from carter. I shot a video of the opening song "minarets":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTXjRwuAwsU
It is in portrait mode but if you watch in full screen HD it looks pretty good.

Photos below:

-David
terzaghi #318714 08/16/10 02:34 PM
R
veteran
veteran
R
That is some serious dedication, but it sounds like you got a great spot and had a lot of fun. The problem of annoying people at these shows is, I think, universal.

I was at Lollapalooza last week. Had a great time. Ended up with just fantastic locations for both Wolfmother and Soundgarden. Probably about 30 feet from the stage. Because it was a festival, except for true die hards, people were walking around to the different stages, and I grabbed a great spot just an hour before Wolfmother started, and then hung around between them and Soundgarden to keep my spot. Also, using the same approach, ended up with a great spot for Gogol Bordello, though against my better judgement I was a little too in the middle of the "action" and had to move back a bit. Wearing glasses and carrying a backpack is not a good combination to be where people really are going crazy.

Overall Lolla was a great three days. On Saturday, I went from seeing Gogol Bordello to Spoon then to Green Day (who was quite good, contrary to the other time I saw them). After the fact, I was just like, "wow, that was friggin' amazing." And, it was pretty non-stop because they were on different stages. Also, got to see some bands I never heard of before that were really good (and some I'd heard a lot of hype about, but frankly in seeing them wasn't impressed).

Last night I went with my wife to see David Gray and some other dude who's name I forget. David Gray was o.k., but I frankly was largely bored the whole time. My wife is the fan there, and I don't really know his music. I think I even fell asleep at one point.

RayLewis #318793 08/16/10 11:58 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: RayLewis
I think I even fell asleep at one point.

There's your drunk guy David.

laugh laugh

Rick
Our Room

smile
RickF #318842 08/17/10 04:22 PM
R
veteran
veteran
R
Nope, no drinking at all. Just tired and relatively bored. Now, one can definitely say I'm that "jerk" at every concert, I just wasn't drinking.

RayLewis #319942 08/25/10 11:45 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Great pics David! DMB never fails to impress. The pick and drumstick are sweeeeeeeeeet!

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
Ya_basta #321270 09/04/10 02:27 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Saw John Mayer last night and the show was pretty amazing.

We had a group of 5 and all of us had a great time. All seats were in the first two floor section. My wife and I had 6th row seats toward the inside aisle, others in the group had 6th row on outside aisle and a single second row in the middle. I thought John Mayer sounded great, both in his singing and obviously in his guitar playing. I was a little concerned with his vocals after hearing him struggle a bit through the streaming redrocks show but after a few songs I could tell his voice was in top shape. The intro to Heartbreak Warfare was a little off, but then again it seemed like John was just giving it a different flavor compared to the mirror image album version that he played during the winter tour.

The only complaint I think I could come up with is not against John directly but perhaps the venue or maybe even the mixing crew. Things were so incredibly loud and the bass/low frequencies were a little "heavy" or "hot" compared to the rest of the sound spectrum. I was very glad I had my earplugs!

My wife got to shake John Mayer's hand and I got my ticket signed after the show. Photos below. Search for terzaghi83 on youtube for videos from the show (being uploaded now.)

-David
terzaghi #321288 09/04/10 04:06 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
having errors uploading to youtube will try again later.

-David
terzaghi #321552 09/07/10 04:08 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
I don't get to go, but my sister does:

9/13 at The Crocodile (Seattle): Marina and the Diamonds

I like the bio they have of her there. Excerpt: "She's five foot five of hourglass sensation in waiting, and this is her year."

Page 46 of 87 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 86 87

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters