AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22895 Topics
404596 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17781
pmbuko 16279
SirQuack 13336
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10899
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Page 80 of 252 < 1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 251 252 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#14226 - 01/13/05 11:50 AM Re: beer thread ****
bigjohn Offline
connoisseur

Loc: San Angelo, TX
BUMP...

OK, this had dropped all the way to the bottom of the second page? we cant be having that!!!

i introduced the Duvel to a few more friends this weekend. i went and got 4 bottles, and split it between the 3 of us. they were all impressed with the heavy, lasting head. and not to mention the flavor. i noticed if you uncork the bottle and few minutes before you plan to pour, it helps to reduce the amount of head that is produced. that is a BIG help considering, even when you pour it slow, it can still be a 50/50 split in the glass of beer and head. its cool the first time, but then you just wanna drink it!!

got poker night on friday, gonna go grab a sixer of something new. i saw some 'honey beer' from a brewer in colorado.. might give that a shot. what ever i get, i want it to be strong. that way, by the end of the night, i dont care if i win or lose..

bigjohn

#14227 - 01/13/05 05:53 PM Re: beer thread
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Thanks for the bump. I wanted to do it, but didn't have anything to say.

You're not going to find very many beers as strong as Duvel

Is Pierre Celis still making beer in Texas?

#14228 - 01/13/05 07:50 PM Re: beer thread
BigWill Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Corona, Calif. USA!!!
Did I already plug the Prospector Joe's beer made in Texas? Good stuff.

BTW, Tom, that Polish vodka I stocked up on is Gvori, not Pravda. Also good stuff, if not memorable.

#14229 - 01/14/05 03:53 AM Re: beer thread
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
OMG! We're out of beer! All we have is a single bottle of O'Douls that's left over from my wife's pregnancy. I honestly don't know why it's even in the fridge.

#14230 - 01/14/05 06:28 AM Re: beer thread
bridgman Offline
axiomite

Loc: Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
>>I honestly don't know why it's even in the fridge.

Because nobody wanted to drink it ?

#14231 - 01/14/05 07:29 AM Re: beer thread
ringmir Offline
aficionado

Loc: boston
Tom,

To the best of my knowledge yes, I had some Celis White over the summer sometime.

#14232 - 01/14/05 09:30 AM Re: beer thread
bigjohn Offline
connoisseur

Loc: San Angelo, TX
O'Douls.... ? that stuff has the same effect on me as kryptonite has on superman.. it leaves me convulsing in the fetal position.

yes, Celis is still highly avail. my favorite texas made beer has always been Shiner. they make their standard amber bock, plus a nice gold lager called shiner blonde. and seasonals including a summer and winter stock. they have an awesome end-of-summer concert at the brewery every year that i used to go to. but, havent been able to make it the last few years, but still loads of fun just the same.

bigjohn

#14233 - 01/14/05 08:07 PM Re: beer thread
SpockTheater Offline
local

Loc: Shreveport, Louisiana
WOOHOO!! glad to see this thread back where it belongs. Maybe we can beg Amie to sticky it to page 1. Anyway, I picked up a couple new brews today. First was St. Bernardus Pater 6. I've had the 12 and WOW was it good. The other one will be my first biere de garde. I'm new to this style so I don't really know what to expect. The one I got was Jenlain Biere de Noel. I saw that it has orange in it so it sounds pretty good.

During the holidays I had a few other Christmas brews. My favorite was Phantome de Noel. VERY spicy brew. I also noticed that it wasn't as sweet as many Belgians can be. A nicely balanced and complex brew. Sadly I'll have to wait till next year to get it again. Then came the Cantillon Kriek. WARNING!! if you don't like tart tastes then stay away from this one. The only kriek I had before this one was Lindemans which was more of a dessert style brew. The Cantillon was very dry and VERY tart. If you're not ready for the first sip, you will pucker from this one. Small sips were the way to go. I actually did enjoy it and I discovered that it great with dark chocolates.

Now for some REALLY good news. I was talking with the owner of the rare brew store and he's going to get some cases of Westvleteren Abt 12. This is one beer that I've read so many good things about. If it's better than the Rocheforts than all I can say is MMMMM! Anyway, that's my beer journey update.

#14234 - 01/14/05 08:21 PM Re: beer thread
BigWill Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Corona, Calif. USA!!!
I had a very good Beaujolais the other day with some chocolate raspberry bark - the combination blew me away.

I don't normally buy French anything anymore (insert flag waving emoticon), but it was a smokin' deal I couldn't pass up. I still feel shamed.

#14235 - 01/14/05 09:32 PM Re: beer thread
ringmir Offline
aficionado

Loc: boston
I liken Cantillon to a sort of liquid sweet tart / sour patch kid. Only much much better than that might imply. Personaly, I love the stuff, but it is indeed *tart*.

I just finished one of my vanilla milk porters that I mentioned here a few months back. The vanilla doesn't come through too much, mostly because it's a more fruity vanilla, the Tahitian (sp?) variety, which doesn't taste like your typical Madescascar vanilla. Not that you can get this one at your local store, but it pours nice and dark, similar to Guinness in color. The head is almost khaki, and seems to settle at around a half inch and hold strong. The beer itself is surprisingly refreshing, given the sheer quantity of lactose (milk sugar) that I added. I was expecting a more cloyingly sweet, thick brew. The result is actually more pleasing I think, with a subtle sweetness and a clean, slightly nutty malt profile that goes down very easily. As it warms in the glass the beer develops more of that Tahitian vanilla flavor, a vaguely fruity vanilla quality that blends nicely with the sweetness of the lactose.

I'd like to make another batch in the future using some high quality Madagascar Bourbon vanilla to get a stronger traditional vanilla flavor, but my brewing schedule looks like it's taking a turn towards IPAs for the next few batches. I want to do a few experiments with different hop schedules on top of the same base ale so I can compare things in a controlled manner.

Page 80 of 252 < 1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 251 252 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.