AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (Aaron75), 151 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22900 Topics
404638 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17782
pmbuko 16280
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10903
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#284834 - 01/01/10 03:45 PM wall mounting M22's placement advice
zlabinger Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I bought 2 Full Metal Brackets. For M22's, what would be the ideal height (and distance from each other) be, considering the dimensions of my room: room is 9' HIGH x 11' LONG x 13' WIDE. I'm 9 feet from my 46" Sony Bravia. How far should the M22s be from the corner of the room. What's too high? What's too low? Would I lose much if the tweeters are 2 feet higher than the traditional ear height? Do I need to toe the speakers in at all for a small space like this? I am guessing not. On the left side corner there is an angle to the wall, like a side of a hexagon. So if I were to hang it on that part of the wall, the left speaker would by default be toed in. I am guessing I should hang it before the wall starts angling in, so I don't have to be married to the toed-in effect?

#284836 - 01/01/10 03:53 PM Re: wall mounting M22's placement advice [Re: zlabinger]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
I'd place the speakers at about the same height as the TV and about 8 to 9 feet apart, given the distance you sit from the TV. My M22s were on Full Metal Brackets until recently -- we're trying a new living room arrangement at the moment -- and I didn't have them toed in. I did have them angled down slightly, though. I used the included hard plastic wedges to do it, and not by adjusting the bracket itself. I found that the bracket's ridges were spaced a little too far apart to be aimed where I wanted them.

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.