AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
2 registered (Murph, bridgman), 82 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403235 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17741
pmbuko 16258
SirQuack 13318
CV 11140
MarkSJohnson 10832
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#292324 - 02/15/10 11:10 AM Re: Maybe Al Gore is onto something... [Re: Adrian]
Murph Online   content
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
Well, if your window is open, you are bound to be cold.

#292326 - 02/15/10 11:39 AM Re: Maybe Al Gore is onto something... [Re: Murph]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada
Unless you were in Vancouver yesterday. ;\)

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#292334 - 02/15/10 12:47 PM Re: Maybe Al Gore is onto something... [Re: fredk]
Murph Online   content
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
True, but I try to overcome my natural desire to want to make the joke to be universally accurate because then it loses it's humor.

Actually, I just like posting Snicker Dog.

#292358 - 02/15/10 05:45 PM Re: Maybe Al Gore is onto something... [Re: Murph]
SRoode Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Fishers, Indiana, USA
LT said it before me... Snow on the ground in 49/50 states for the 1st time on record... Should we be pumping more carbon into the atmosphere to counterbalance the effect? ;\)

We (as the human race) are so small in comparison to this world. Even if a country like the USA, or Canada, China, or whomever decides to make cuts in carbon output, it will never make a real difference. Natural emissions are so much larger.

#292365 - 02/15/10 05:59 PM Re: Maybe Al Gore is onto something... [Re: SRoode]
Luke Smith Offline
buff

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
 Originally Posted By: SRoode
We (as the human race) are so small in comparison to this world. Even if a country like the USA, or Canada, China, or whomever decides to make cuts in carbon output, it will never make a real difference. Natural emissions are so much larger.

Have you ever flown over land and looked out the window? I've flown from Brisbane to Perth here in Australia and theres hardly a single square mile of the land that hasn't been dramatically changed by humans. All of it has been cut into squares and leveled of its native vegetation and filled with things that we either find tasty, useful or both. Australia has a much smaller population than the US (22M v. 308M), but doesn't have dramatically less land (7.6M km^2 v. 9.8M km^2).

Its not *just* about emissions from tailpipes and smoke stacks, thats just part of it.

#292368 - 02/15/10 06:17 PM Re: Maybe Al Gore is onto something... [Re: SRoode]
a401classic Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Alpharetta, GA
... cuts in carbon output, ... will never make a real difference. Natural emissions are so much larger.

Oh, how true. Methane is 10X as potent as CO2 on a lb/lb basis, yet few landfills are equipped for methane recovery and no cows that I'm aware of have [collection devices installed] (sorry, couldn't say the real thing) to recoup what the cows output naturally. How much US taxpayer money was spent on methane monitoring due to cow flatulence??

Scott

My HT

#292369 - 02/15/10 06:21 PM Re: Maybe Al Gore is onto something... [Re: SRoode]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
LT said it before me... Snow on the ground in 49/50 states for the 1st time on record... Should we be pumping more carbon into the atmosphere to counterbalance the effect? ;\)

What you say is true, to a point. Natural emissions are much larger than human-caused emissions. But that's only part of the picture. Natural carbon emissions are also absorbed naturally (primarily by plants and the ocean). Nature has evolved to a point where the emission and absorption systems are in balance.

The carbon emissions human add to the mix are too much for nature to absorb. About 60% of our emissions end up in the atmosphere.

Source: http://www.skepticalscience.com/human-co2-smaller-than-natural-emissions.htm

#292370 - 02/15/10 06:32 PM Re: Maybe Al Gore is onto something... [Re: pmbuko]
Adrian Offline
axiomite

Loc: It's all about the location.
Livestock are more responsible for greenhouse gases than all forms of transportation in the world combined according to the UN and Food and Agricultural Organization.

#292380 - 02/15/10 06:54 PM Re: Maybe Al Gore is onto something... [Re: Adrian]
Luke Smith Offline
buff

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
Livestock are more responsible for greenhouse gases than all forms of transportation in the world combined according to the UN and Food and Agricultural Organization.

Factual statement is factual. What are you getting at?

#292384 - 02/15/10 07:08 PM Re: Maybe Al Gore is onto something... [Re: Luke Smith]
Adrian Offline
axiomite

Loc: It's all about the location.
What I'm getting at is that if we're going to solve any problem you first need to identify it correctly then proceed from there with honest information to the public. The scientist providing the information should remain neutral, with NO agenda, other than to provide the true facts....no filling in the blanks, no removing facts which don't support a particular viewpoint.

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.