Questions On M3Ti
#295 09/24/01 08:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wrote the post below regarding the M3ti's crossover. Anyways, I have a couple of other questions regarding the M3. I imagine you have to cross the tweeter over quite high since you're using a 1st order crossover. However, how can you prevent the tweeter from beaming if it's crossed over so high? Next, you let the woofer run freely but again how can beaming be prevented when, I believe, a 6 1/2" woofer will begin to beam at frequencies of ~3000hz or so, and I'm sure the natural rolloff has to occur at much higher frequencies to relieve the tweeter of low frequncy duty?

Lastly, with the innovative design of the M3ti, I don't understand how it can sound like the others in the M series given that they employ higher order crossovers? How does the sound differ? Thanks!

Re: Questions On M3Ti
#296 09/25/01 02:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TO EVERYONE AT AXIOM. BEING A PROUD OWNER OF YOUR PRODUCTS M60TI,M3TI,VP150 AND EP 350 AND AFTER READING YOUR SITE ABOUT EVERY OTHER DAY MAKES ME WONDER HOW YOU PEOPLE DEAL WITH SUCH STUPID QUESTIONS EVERYDAY SUCH AS CROSSOVERS,ROLL OFF ,CABINET DESIGNS AMONG OTHER THINGS. AM I MISTAKEN OR SHOULDNT THIS BE AXIOMS BUSINESS ?I WAS AT A MUSIC SHOW AND SAW CERWIN VEGA BOOKSHELVES THAT LOOKED JUST LIKE AXIOMS .SAME EXACT CABINET. I HAD TO LOOK TWICE. WHAT I AM SAYING IS ANYONE READING THIS GIVE AXIOMS A TRY IM SURE YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK. GIVE IAN A BREAK SO HE CAN KEEP DESIGNING EXELLENT SPEAKERS WITHOUT TELLING THE WORLD ALL HE HAS LEARNED OVER THE YEARS. AFTER ALL ISNT THE BOTTOM LINE DO THEY SOUND GOOD OR NOT

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,464
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
2 members (chapin99, Cork), 195 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup