AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (jmone), 50 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13326 Members
11 Forums
22918 Topics
405131 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13339
CV 11235
MarkSJohnson 10938
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#299099 - 03/28/10 07:41 PM Re: 2 Channel - Turntable up and spinning [Re: Wid]
2x6spds Offline
connoisseur

Loc: CA, USA
I just checked Craig's list and saw some really nice entertainment furniture for great prices.

#299171 - 03/29/10 08:07 AM Re: 2 Channel - Turntable up and spinning [Re: 2x6spds]
davidsch Offline
aficionado

Loc: Houston, Texas
 Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
the thing about vinyl is OCD behavior its promotes. Rituals - cleaning the records, careful handling like passing a kidney between surgeons, the sleeves, the stacking, keeping them out of the sunshine .... pain in the you know what,

but, you know what? it's worth it. the sound is beautiful, like audiosavant said, lush, rich, liquid or something like that ...

I agree with your thoughts about vinyl. I listened to my brother-in-law's system a couple of weeks ago and was blown away. He has a Rogue Audio Ninety-Nine preamp and Rogue M-150 power amps. His turntable is an MMF-9 and his speakers are Legacy Classics. We listened to Charles Mingus' Mingus Ah Um and it sounded so realistic I could swear that I was in the studio with the band. I personally have not bought a turntable and likely will not as I don't like cleaning and maintaining the albums. The albums are also too expensive for my budget and I can't see replacing 700 CDs with a different format even if it sounds better. Now if I won the lottery...

#299206 - 03/29/10 02:03 PM Re: 2 Channel - Turntable up and spinning [Re: davidsch]
2x6spds Offline
connoisseur

Loc: CA, USA
Hey David

Yes, the MMF 9 (and the new 9.1) are terrific turntables, with great tone arms and come standard with a wonderful cartridge. The big Rogue tube monoblocks are powerful and great sounding. Not familiar with the speakers but obviously that system sounds terrific.

I agree. There is a "you are there" quality to a good tube / vinyl system. Even though my KA 9100 is solid state, it sounds great with my new table. I played some Frank Sinatra, Live in Paris, this morning for my assistant and she was shocked at the sense of realism this set up presented.

If you go used, you can get some pretty high end sound for not much coin.

Good Luck.

2x6

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.