AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403233 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17741
pmbuko 16258
SirQuack 13318
CV 11140
MarkSJohnson 10832
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 ... 28 29 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#300409 - 04/05/10 10:13 AM Talkin' Baseball
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
For those of you too young to remember it, the name of this thread comes from the Terry Cashman song.

Yep, another baseball season kicked off last night with a Red Sox-Yankees game. As a lifelong Red Sox fan, it is strange for me to see them as two-time world champions over the last decade and as one of the power teams of the sport, with enough money to buy pretty much whatever talent they want. They are getting too much like the Yankees in that respect. Used to be, you could count on the Sox to hit 200 homers, steal less than 50 bases, and miss the playoffs, or lose in them when they (rarely)made the postseason. Now they are a frequent preseason pick to win it all. Weird. There's a lot of Sox fans that are not used to dealing with success.

I know there's a lot of Blue Jays fans up north, and I know tomtuttle roots for the hometown Mariners. Snakeyes has a Mets avatar, and who was that with the Phillies avatar? Zarak, I wanna say? To quote Spock, "If memory serves correctly..."

Any other teams you guys follow? Anybody go to games? We have a minor league (single A) team in Augusta that is a cheap night of fun.

Play ball!

#300412 - 04/05/10 11:00 AM Re: Talkin' Baseball [Re: medic8r]
BlueJays1 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Porch,enjoying Bombay Sapphire
Watched a little of that game last night. Exciting rivarly, two talented teams . Suprised to find out this morning the Sox ended up winning.

Go Jays .

-Max Payne

#300413 - 04/05/10 11:42 AM Re: Talkin' Baseball [Re: BlueJays1]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Baseball is the only religion that's ever really made sense to me.

[/annie_savoy]

Anyhoo, Mariners start the season on the road against the hated Athletics tonight. Everybody has hope on opening day. I am cherishing the opportunity to again see Ken Griffey Jr., and look forward to this year's journey.

I can't go to either Yankees or Red Sox games in Seattle anymore; there are just too many people rooting for the wrong team.

Play Ball!

#300414 - 04/05/10 11:53 AM Re: Talkin' Baseball [Re: tomtuttle]
SRoode Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Fishers, Indiana, USA
Try growing up in NY as a Mets fan... It's very hard to do!

#300419 - 04/05/10 12:30 PM Re: Talkin' Baseball [Re: SRoode]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
With the nearest MLB team a four hour flight away, I don't get into baseball much anymore. Besides, the pucks keep breaking my bats. ;\) I prefer a live local game over a TV game anyday as well. All in all though, I root for the Jays when I do get into it. There are a lot of Toronto fans here but also a surprising number of long time Red Sox fans around too. I like to at least cheer for my home country but hey, if we all picked the same team, what fun would watching a game with your buddies be?

#300421 - 04/05/10 12:33 PM Re: Talkin' Baseball [Re: Murph]
Adrian Offline
axiomite

Loc: It's all about the location.
From what I understand, Murph, is that there is support for some of the Boston teams out east because of the help they gave Nova Scotia during WW1 when the munition ship explosion in Halifax Harbour wiped out the city.

Edited by Adrian (04/05/10 12:33 PM)
Edit Reason: WW1 not WW2

#300425 - 04/05/10 12:39 PM Re: Talkin' Baseball [Re: Adrian]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
That's probably true. I remember learning all about that in history but never would have thought to put the two items together. There is a disproportional number of Bruins fans here as well that might tie into it.

#300432 - 04/05/10 01:04 PM Re: Talkin' Baseball [Re: Murph]
RayLewis Offline
veteran

Go Nationals!!! (They are brutally bad, and the new stadium actually isn't all that nice, but they are local.)

I prefer minor league over major league baseball. Frederick Keys and Bowie Bay Sox!

#300486 - 04/05/10 08:19 PM Re: Talkin' Baseball [Re: RayLewis]
Zarak Offline
connoisseur

Loc: PA
Yup, it was me with the Phils avatar.

RayLewis...the Nat's really? At least we know you are a true fan rooting for them. 11-1 for the Phils today. Off to a good start, but it is the Nats we played after all ;\)

Edited by Zarak (04/05/10 08:19 PM)

#300531 - 04/06/10 09:33 AM Re: Talkin' Baseball [Re: Zarak]
RayLewis Offline
veteran

I'm actually not much of a baseball fan, so it's not too painful to root for the Nats. If they ever are good, then it will be fun to root for them. But, when they suck it is no biggie in my book.

The Phils are going to be awfully good this year. Sports Illustrated had an article about Halladay. Seems like a likable guy.

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 ... 28 29 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.