Rate Thread
New to HT and Axiom
#313 10/07/01 11:56 PM
Cueball Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
Hello,

I am new to the HT scene and so far, based on the testimonials of everyone here and reviews on other sites, I am very impressed with what I see with Axiom speakers. I am not an expert on home audio but I am truly a fan of high fidelity and know at least what good sound should sound like. I used to be involved in the car audio scene and I have a taste for refined sound. My question is, based on the size of my room and the type of music/movies I like to listen/watch, which HT set-up would be ideal for my apartment.

Living Room Measurements: 12' x 17' x 71/7'

My entertainment center is located in front of the 12' wall, which leaves me 17" for my couch/chairs. One problem I have is that the back wall opens up halfway into my dining room area. My sliding glass door is located on the left 17' wall. This causes a problem for rear speaker placement. I will take a picture and post in the future the layout. I would appreciate any suggestions as far as placement for my speakers.

I listen to all types of music ranging from classical/jazz to hard rock/grunge. I love watching movies, especially action/adventure films.

My future system componants are as follows:

Toshiba 32A50 TV
Toshiba SD4700 Progressive Scan DVD (Prog for future HDTV upgrade)
Sony 4 Head HiFi VCR
Outlaw Audio 1050 6.1 RECEIVER (future purchase)

Based on the above information. What size of drivers would you recommend for a modest size room such as mine. Thaniks for your input!

Chris Alderman

"You learn more from making mistakes than trying to avoid making them."

Re: New to HT and Axiom
#314 10/09/01 12:31 PM
A
old hand
old hand
A
Hi Chris;

Welcome to Axiom! I think the Epic Grand Master would be the perfect pick for your size room and movie/music preferences. The Grand Master plays a little louder and lower than the Master, which will complement your action/adventure movies very well.

In terms of placement, I would suggest you look to our Quadpole Surround Stands (the QSS8 for this system, located in the 'all products' section of the site). These specially-designed stands allow the bottom woofer to breathe freely, so you get the full quadpolar experience.
Having said that, the picture would also help us help you.

The M22s, which are the front channels, have recently been reviewed by John Potis of the SoundStage! network. They're being measured at the NRC this week, and should be up on www.soundstage.com very shortly.

Thanks,
Amie

Re: New to HT and Axiom
#315 10/13/01 08:59 AM
Cueball Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
Thank you for your reply and advice. I will be looking to purchase the speakers within the next 3 months. My next purchase will be the Outlaw. I wish I had the cash to spend on it all right this instant, but unfortunately I am on a very tight budget and will have to wait. I am very excited and cannot wait to share my joy with other Axiom owners. You guys have a great thing going and I am telling all my friends about you! Keep up the great work! :O)

Chris

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082