AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
2 registered (CV, terzaghi), 43 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22946 Topics
405850 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11273
MarkSJohnson 10966
Meanwhile On Facebook

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Page 22 of 139 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 138 139 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#371933 - 04/02/12 02:28 PM Re: CatBrat [Re: medic8r]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Massachusetts Badlands
Originally Posted By: medic8r
Originally Posted By: Murph
... hopefully two coats will do it but I can share one thing with you, I've already told one of my good buddies that if he needs help painting again and his daughter chooses red again, he can pound sand.

It's funny because it's true! Our dining room is a dark red. Took a primer and 4 coats.

For some reason, I always knew you would have a redrum in your house.

#371934 - 04/02/12 02:30 PM Re: CatBrat [Re: CatBrat]
CatBrat Offline
axiomite

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
Mmmm. Redrum. Tasty. Unless you live near old hotels in snowy weather.

#371943 - 04/02/12 04:12 PM Re: CatBrat [Re: CatBrat]
BrenR Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Winnipeg MB Canada
I've had a lot of success with Behr Premium... like rolling on a milkshake. And yes... even in deep colours.

This coming from a guy who decided to paint the living room, dining room, foyer and hallways in his spare time while his (now-)ex was in Hawaii.

She's gone, paint is still here!

Bren R.

#371946 - 04/02/12 04:38 PM Re: CatBrat [Re: CatBrat]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I found one that sells the BM paint (did I just say BM?)

Worst. Paint. Ever.

#371947 - 04/02/12 04:48 PM Re: CatBrat [Re: CatBrat]
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
At least you wouldn't have that "paint smell".

#371964 - 04/02/12 06:35 PM Re: CatBrat [Re: MarkSJohnson]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
At least you wouldn't have that "paint smell".
smile

I'm sorry, Mark, but that is not correct. Depending on what I've had for lunch, both possibilites remain extant.

JP is trying to bait me!! Since we know he's never gotten his Metro fingernails dirty, ever, he therefore has no opinion at all. Schadenfreude, indeed!

Oh, WTF! It was eniwitaboh.

I will never say that Home dePot and bLOWE'S have bad paint, because they don't. And they're a bargain price. Valspar Signature line is my favorite of the home center offerings. 2nd choice would be the competition's Glidden. The higher cost lines are worth the $$ and still way less than Uncle Ben.

On more than 75% of designer and architect specs for color, it's Ben Moore. When you see "pros" not using BM, California, Muralo, Farrow & Ball, et al. (many good ones are regional brands), it's because they got hired out in front of HD just 2 hours earlier.

There are certain values and hues that suck in some lines of BM and I won't use them, but I have other choices there. I won't touch their value line primer/paint in one, partly because, as of yet, there is no such thing (well, not on MY newly skimmed walls, anyway). Also, for every kind of paint application possible (radiators, cement floors, etc.), Ben makes a base that can be tinted to any of it's 3600+ colors.

Pros cannot trust who happens to be on-shift at the home center, especially when it comes to custom-matching whites. Pros cannot wait for the 3 grannies in line ahead of them at the paint counter, nor, after that, the 5 people in front of them at self check-out. (Oh, Gawd, it's Marie today! She's an idiot. It'll be lunch before I get to work.) Pros need mfgrs. that listen to what the pros are telling their dealers. Pros cannot hear, "Hiii, there!!! This is my first day in the Paint Department! I just got moved up from Household Cleaners!" Pros cannot have their supplier change the formulation of their white (the base of ALL house paints) at whim without letting us know. This happens as many as 2 times in a single year at home centers. Home centers do not carry lines of oil paint as bases. Home centers are lagging when it comes to paint technology advances. In any older American city, there will be a BM dealer far closer than a home center. LA, SF or Frostheave, NH--- no matter where I've traveled to paint--- there's one closer than a home center. That's huge to us! Bottom line is that a pro needs a pro dealer, not this week's new hire, even if some of the paint at the other end of that huge parking lot is just as good.

I'm not finished, but I'm stopping.

Edited by BobKay (04/02/12 06:41 PM)

#371972 - 04/02/12 07:26 PM Re: CatBrat [Re: CatBrat]
Ken.C Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
We got Benjamin Moore for our house. It's holding up pretty well so far.

#371996 - 04/02/12 11:05 PM Re: CatBrat [Re: Ken.C]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Great endorsement, Ken, but haven't you only been there several months? I like it. "Keep your expectations low." I like it!

#371998 - 04/02/12 11:27 PM Re: CatBrat [Re: CatBrat]
CatBrat Offline
axiomite

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
I went to both of those places that sell Benjamin Moore paint near me, and they were both closed. Only open during normal business hours. That's convenient.

#372002 - 04/03/12 12:02 AM Re: CatBrat [Re: CatBrat]
SBrown Offline
aficionado

Loc: Victoria,BC
You can only watch paint dry for so long Brian.

Page 22 of 139 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 138 139 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.