Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
5 registered (tomtuttle, Ian, medic8r, JohnK, richeydog), 129 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12690 Members
11 Forums
22681 Topics
400447 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17695
pmbuko 16224
SirQuack 13311
CV 11056
MarkSJohnson 10675
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#356232 - 10/06/11 09:52 AM Re: disappointed in shipping speed [Re: Ken.C]
agentfox1942 Offline
old hand

Loc: Hagerstown, Maryland
Originally Posted By: Ken.C
Seriously, dude. You've just purchased a product from a company that does much of its manufacturing on-demand, has free shipping between countries on several hundred pounds of large merchandise, and you're complaining that it's taking a few days? What a world we live in.

Somehow I doubt that stock speakers are "manufactured on-demand". I am only going by what I've read on this forum and on the Axiom website. I ordered the speakers Thursday early afternoon EDT. I am not complaining, just disappointed. You need to understand the difference. Other companies, that want my hard earned money just like Axiom does, fall under the same expectations I have; I'm not picking on Axiom. Those other companies also have free shipping. And it's not "a few days" it's 10 days. And since the delivery requires a signature, I have to request a redirect or hold from FedEx because I work during the hours they deliver. This incurs an additional 1-4 days in the delivery process because they are ground shipments. New FedEx regulations state they have to be delivered to a FedEx retail/drop off location. I can't go to the distro hub which is two miles from my house and pick them up. So it's a day to "attempt" the delivery (which they are also required to do) then a day to re-direct it. I know this is none of Axiom's fault, but it all creates frustration and eats into the 30-days trail.

#356235 - 10/06/11 10:09 AM Re: disappointed in shipping speed [Re: agentfox1942]
BlueJays1 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Porch,enjoying Bombay Sapphire
There is no such thing as free shipping. That's an online shopping world I would love to live in. You pay for it, it's just already built into the price.

-Max Payne

#356240 - 10/06/11 10:50 AM Re: disappointed in shipping speed [Re: BlueJays1]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Sorry to hear about the delay. I think it will be well worth the wait smile

#356247 - 10/06/11 12:04 PM Re: disappointed in shipping speed [Re: terzaghi]
nickbuol Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Marion, IA
The "on-demand" comment is a bit misleading. I took it, based off of years of being around here, that by "on-demand" does not mean that they make each speaker after the order has been placed, but they do not stock pile speakers either. They do product runs and try to plan for the number of sales that they expect before the next run of that product line. For example, when I was looking for a VP180 center on their auction site, I was waiting for a product run on VP180s in hopes of one of them having a small cosmetic blemish so that it could hit the auction site. So they do operate that way.

I obviously do not have visibility to their production schedule or stock, but you may have hit a point when stock was low, or as can happen with any sized company, some shipping issue happened.

Heck, last week here in Iowa, it was so foggy that shipments weren't getting dropped off or picked up at our office for 2 days in a row.

FedEx is a sticky shipping partner for sure. My first speakers from Axiom a few years back were all shipped FedEx. They actually went out for delivery 1 day early, but nobody was home, so they wouldn't leave them without signature. I was lucky enough to call them and reroute it for pickup at the local office (which was about 25 minutes from my house), and I went that route.

My VP180 shipment and the QS8 shipment 2 weeks prior were both shipped via FedEx, but did NOT require signatures. Not sure what the deal is there, but I was happy that I didn't have to be home when they arrived.

Hang in there...

#356248 - 10/06/11 12:23 PM Re: disappointed in shipping speed [Re: nickbuol]
agentfox1942 Offline
old hand

I am hanging in there. It's sort of like Christmas as a kid. And seeing how the east coast is going to have a beautiful weekend weather wise, I may just jump on the bike and ride till Monday...lol

#356251 - 10/06/11 12:35 PM Re: disappointed in shipping speed [Re: agentfox1942]
agentfox1942 Offline
old hand

Holy voice coil, Batman. I guess things do get better. I just checked the tracking info from Fed Ex and now they are showing delivery of 7 Oct. Awesome. I guess the motorcycle trek is on the back burner for now. Hopefully the tracking and expected delivery date are correct.

#356253 - 10/06/11 12:38 PM Re: disappointed in shipping speed [Re: nickbuol]
Argon Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Oak Ridge, NC
I'm with Nick. I have been in Distribution - it is normally the folks that have never had to execute that do the majority of complaining.

#356256 - 10/06/11 12:46 PM Re: disappointed in shipping speed [Re: Argon]
SirQuack Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Iowa
hmmmm, imagine that.

#356271 - 10/06/11 02:30 PM Re: disappointed in shipping speed [Re: SirQuack]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
Part of my problem is that they spoiled me when I first started ordering my Axioms. I would order at like 10 am on a paycheck day, and they would end up shipping the same day. That's 1 pm their time that they received the order. That was my first several orders. With my last several orders, it has become an exercise in patience in comparison. This is magnified because I'm still used to a fast processing time since I do the majority of my online shopping at Amazon.com. Not everyone who works in distribution needs multiple days to fulfill an order is all I'm saying.

#356278 - 10/06/11 03:46 PM Re: disappointed in shipping speed [Re: agentfox1942]
nickbuol Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Marion, IA
Originally Posted By: agentfox1942
Holy voice coil, Batman.

LOL. Thanks for the chuckle.

Yea, it is like sitting up waiting for Santa to arrive hoping that you get some cool Legos and not a box of underwear and socks.

Very exciting while wondering of the possibilities...

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.