Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 136 of 183 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 182 183
Re: What video games are you playing tonight?
CV #360697 12/12/11 05:17 AM
axiomite
axiomite
CV, I highly recommend picking them up. Very entertaining series. Also, there is some continuity in playing them in order.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
St_PatGuy #360698 12/12/11 05:19 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
One of these days.... I don't think there's any hope of catching up on what I already own. I need to hire a teenager to play my games for me. Babysit my consoles and PC.

CV #360699 12/12/11 05:21 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Make sure she's hot.

And at least 18.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
ptRyno #361600 12/22/11 01:23 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Finally received access to the latest big MMO, "Star Wars - The Old Republic." I was only able to play long enough to create a character and start the newb story line quests for about 40 minutes or so.

So far nothing groundbreaking over other MMOs except a stronger following along a story line progression than most, but it's definitely a refreshing break from the fantasy genre.

It's still too early for me to comment much but initial findings are that combat seems fluid, it ran nicely at high graphics levels for an opening launch and the opening cut scenes are SPECTACULAR. I created both a Republic and a Sith Character just to watch both game openings. I will likely be playing this game for a while if for no other reason than to watch the storyline progress.

Also, I have to say that on my Sith Inquisitor character that I created, there is something darkly satisfying about engulfing your enemy in bright, flashy force lightning. I can't wait to visit the Gungan home world and wreak some fried, floppy ear havoc.

If anyone else decides to pick it up, join the "Constant" server and look for Wraithlin. I think I'll be sticking to the Dark Side for a while.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #362153 12/29/11 08:13 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I’ve spent some more time playing Skyrim and still loving it. I had my first major glitch when I was casting a fire spell and without releasing the button tried to swing my dagger and the whole console locked up, but luckily that’s all so far.

My Character is up to level 32 and although I didn’t start out with a class in mind I’ve gravitated toward an Assassin. I just like the suspense of sneaking around, however that sometimes means leaving Lydia behind because she makes a bunch of noise and jumps into fights when I don’t want her to. If she is your follower don’t leave her anywhere for to many days even at your house in Whiterun. I got a message that she got tired of waiting and left. When I went to Whiterun I couldn’t find her anywhere including back in Dragonsreach. So I reloaded a safe and went and got her to follow me again. I’m not sure how long it took for her to take off though.

I have another sort of follower, Lucian a ghost, who I can summon once a day. Actually he doesn’t count as a follower but rather as a summoned creature. I’ve only used him once but it was the only thing that got me past 3 ghosts that were kicking my but in the Dark Brotherhood quest that gives you Shadowmare (SP).

I’ve take out quite a few dragons now. I’ve been luck and encountered a lot of them near towns so I just run back and let the town guards/people help kill it. I did take out one solo but it was at night and I was able to stay hidden and kill it with arrows.

I’ve found that if I can’t one shot/hit kill the big bads I end up drinking a lot of healing potions since the light armour isn’t helping much. Not to mention a lot of the nasty stuff can one-hit kill you.

I switched to dual wielding daggers since I’ve found that higher DPS actually works better for me than trying to use a shield to block attacks since my armour sucks.

I’ve been saving up a lot of perks and not spending them until I level up the skills I want to use them on.

I’ve found that Detect Life is an awesome spell which I cast regularly while walking around. Really helps as a stealth character to know where the badies are before stumbling on them. Now I just need to find Detect Dead so I can see those suckers too. It’s also easy to level since I cast it as I walk through town, seems the more it detects the faster it levels.
One thing I really hate is that storage containers don’t separate out the stuff you put in them. The work-around is to buy upgrades and store different things in different containers but that also sort of sucks.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
grunt #362165 12/30/11 12:32 AM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
We are still loving skyrim as well. My wife has been playing more than me lately I've spent most of my spare time studying for te PE Exam. I think we are level 33 or so. She loves picking ingredients and making potions, I think our alchemy skill is about 80 now. I've gravitated toward a Mage specializing in destruction, prob about level 85 now. ConJuration is probably near 50. I typically run around with a sword in one hand and a fireball or incinerate spell in the other.

-David
terzaghi #362219 12/30/11 02:54 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Super Stickman Golf on Android/iOS is a MUST play! Awesome game!

I am also going through Combat Evolved Anniversary edition right now. Man I love this game too. Such an epic game for its time. The Library is my favorite level of any shooter ever made.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #362315 01/01/12 12:10 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I played more Skyrim today and got up to level 40 and maxed out my sneak skill. It does make it a lot easier to sneak up on things now but it’s not complete invisibility.

Something annoying has started happening. Any time I fast travel even on foot Shadowmare follows me. It wasn’t happening before so I’m not sure what changed. It’s annoying because if I’m on the ground sneaking it just stays put and I have to go back and jump on it to ride it somewhere else.

I’m expecting to start getting nasty letters from the HOA in Whiterun. I got sick of all the less valuable crap I had collected especially since the house in Whiterun has limited storage containers. So I took everything I didn’t want, can you say way over-encumbered, waddled out the front door and around the corner and dumped it. Holy garbage heap Batman! There must have been a pile of junk at least 15 feet in diameter and about 3 feet high. When I came back after running around a cave I noticed the stuff is starting to spread out as people walk through it. Pretty soon the craps going to be all over town. wink

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
grunt #362317 01/01/12 12:25 AM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Funny about the garbage heap. We will be in the same boat soon as the containers in the arch mage quarters are getting pretty full.

The horse i bought followed me around for a while but must have event got killed or something because now its nowhere to be found.

-David
terzaghi #362329 01/01/12 03:05 AM
C
CV Offline
C
I'm still doing miscellaneous quests and working on my alchemy skill. I'm almost done with that, and then I'll try to make the most insane enchanted weapons and armor I can.

Page 136 of 183 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 182 183

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters