I've got a solution. This device is easy to make yourself. You just need a few basic supplies:
- a thin piece of plywood to serve as the backing material
- a copper sheet
- four screws
- lamp cord
Here's the assembly procedure:
- Cut the plywood into a square about the same size as the top of your speaker.
- Cut four squares of copper small enough to cover most of the plywood but to leave some room in between each piece.
- Glue the copper to the plywood.
- Take the lamp cord and separate both the negative and the positive side into two separate strands, for a total of four strands of wire.
- Screw the negative ends of wire into plates diagonal from each other. Screw the positive ends to the remaining diagonal plates.
- Place your new Cat-Zapper on top of your speaker and then plug it in.
Really, you can use this to protect any
horizontal surface from naughty felines.