AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
4 registered (JohnK, dakkon, huskydave, fredk), 51 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13330 Members
11 Forums
22923 Topics
405270 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17792
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13341
CV 11240
MarkSJohnson 10942
Meanwhile On Facebook

Four days to get in on the action!

☺ Wow - our 13,000 likes! Awesome! #thankful

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Page 778 of 847 < 1 2 ... 776 777 778 779 780 ... 846 847 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#375652 - 05/09/12 01:00 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? ***** [Re: SirQuack]
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
Marina on the phone: "Hi- is this Jeff Bezos? Yeah, it's me, Marina. Listen, I'm having a little problem with this guy. Yeah, Charles. I know. Yes, a Prime Member. Same one. Listen, can you do me a favor? Hold off on sending him my new release? Just a week or two. Uh-huh. I just want....yeah, I know! I just want to give the local authorities a little time. Yeah. They're going to try to come up with some evidence. I know! Oh My God, me too! Yeah, they just need something that will stick. The guy's like Teflon. Really? You don't mind? Jeff, you're awesome! Love you too!"

#375653 - 05/09/12 01:04 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: SirQuack]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
JP, have you given Sloan a try? I think they'd be right up your alley.

Holy crap, they sure are. That is perfect power pop. I had heard of them a long time ago via Pandora but somehow never gotten any of their CDs.

If I were in a band, this is what I'd want it to sound like. Awesome.

#375663 - 05/09/12 01:46 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: SirQuack]
MarkSJohnson Offline

Recently, I've purchased and have been listening to:

Tell 'Em What Your Name Is! by Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears. Kind of a throwback to a bluesy-Funky James Brown-with-Guitar-type of sound. I like it... it's fun.

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits. I had an earlier "Best of", but admit to being a sucker for some of their slow ballads (Under the Bridge, Scar Tissue, etc) which didn't appear on the earlier disc.

Keb' Mo's debut. For whatever reason, I never purchased any Keb' Mo'. But hearing more and more from him on Pandora, I went for this disc. All acoustic, Mississippi blues. Nice.

Duke Meets the Earl: Ronnie Earl and Duke Robillard. Slow-burn blues interplay between two master guitarists. Boston and Providence based, so I'm lucky enough to have seen these guys in small venues on several occasions.

Warren Haynes: Live At The Moody Theater (2CD + 1DVD). I've been running the DVD in the background in my office quite a bit over the last several days. Camerawork and mixing is only "Good", but the sound quality is nice!

This morning, I just scored Gov't Mule tix for a local June Show.

#375689 - 05/09/12 04:36 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: SirQuack]
RickF Offline
axiomite

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
Good stuff Mark!

Regarding Keb Mo, a must have disc is from 'Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues' series 'Keb Mo' edition...

http://www.amazon.com/Martin-Scorsese-Presents-The-Blues/dp/B0000A0BQG

Awesome disc that never gets old.

smile

#375692 - 05/09/12 05:09 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: SirQuack]
MarkSJohnson Offline

Thanks, Rick! I have that one in my Amazon cart already. Along with the 200 or so other things!

Every time I'm listening to Pandora and a great track comes on, I click "Buy CD Now at Amazon". Later, I go through and see if I'd like the whole CD or just that one track.

I still end up with lots in my basket!

#375727 - 05/09/12 10:56 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: SirQuack]
Shane White Offline
veteran

Loc: Perth, Western Australia
I had some chores to do around the house last night, so I put Fresh Aire I-VI on my Squeezebox playlist and got it done.

#375740 - 05/10/12 02:09 AM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: SirQuack]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
The Dø - Both Ways Open Jaws

Has some pretty cool moments, but I'll have to give it closer attention another day. I'm not sure how many repeat listens I'll need.

Check out this live performance of a song from the album: "The Calendar"

#375757 - 05/10/12 01:18 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: RickF]
davidsch Offline
aficionado

Loc: Houston, Texas
Originally Posted By: RickF
Good stuff Mark!

Regarding Keb Mo, a must have disc is from 'Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues' series 'Keb Mo' edition...

http://www.amazon.com/Martin-Scorsese-Presents-The-Blues/dp/B0000A0BQG

Awesome disc that never gets old.

I have both CDs and a couple of his other ones as well, but to me his self-titled CD is the best.

#375758 - 05/10/12 01:24 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: SirQuack]
exlabdriver Offline
connoisseur

MarkS:

Glad that you enjoy The Earl & The Duke. It's been one of my favourites for some time now.

Good blues that are very well recorded...

TAM

#375760 - 05/10/12 01:30 PM Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? [Re: SirQuack]
Adrian Offline
axiomite

Loc: It's all about the location.
Slow Train, Joe Bonamassa.

Page 778 of 847 < 1 2 ... 776 777 778 779 780 ... 846 847 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.