AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
EP175v4 with M3v4
Jungle's HT
Who's Online
2 registered (MarkSJohnson, Wid), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22944 Topics
405787 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11270
MarkSJohnson 10965
Meanwhile On Facebook

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Page 84 of 99 < 1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 98 99 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#373512 - 04/16/12 06:30 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: medic8r]
BlueJays1 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Porch,enjoying Bombay Sapphire
If your dealing with chocolate and dessert go with Grand Marnier.

-Max Payne

#373516 - 04/16/12 08:19 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: medic8r]
onn Offline
aficionado

Loc: Edmonton Alberta
Didn't have these tonight. I had these when I was in Brandon Manitoba last week. Each one was at least 20 oz.

Last Tuesday I had this:

On Wednesday I had:

#373518 - 04/16/12 08:42 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: onn]
merchman Offline
aficionado

Loc: WI
Damn Mel, those are a couple of fine looking plates of protein packed Prime Rib. Look to be cooked perfect in my book.

I'm sure you enjoyed them! smile

#375882 - 05/11/12 10:31 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: merchman]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada
I love lemonaid. It packs big flavour that cannot be missed by those of us who's taste buds are in their sunset years. It has enough pucker to make you sit up and take notice, wetting the driest mouth. I balances sweet and tart without sacrificing flavour.

My favourite is still fresh lemons, sugar, soda water and lots of ice cubes. A shot of gin doesn't hurt either.

I caught on to the idea of playing with the flavour at one of those fresh lemonaid stands where they also put a half of a squeezed lemon in your drink, probably to reduce the volume. It just adds to the flavour.

My current go to lemonaid is a blend of convenience and enhancement. I start with a can of frozen concentrate for which I close to double the water added and then squeeze in a lime, dropping in half of the squeezed lime.

You need to be careful with limes. If you leave the rind in over night, the drink starts to bite back and the lime overpowers. 4 hours is about right.

Lemon rind is a different story. The other day I forgot and left it in for a day. The result was a very concentrated lemon flavour without the bite of bitterness and no overpowering sourness.

Just finished making a jug so I have some to take with me golfing tomorrow.

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#375883 - 05/11/12 10:42 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: fredk]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
You definitely need some lemon oil in lemonade -- and that comes from the zest.

If you want to be really fancy, first scrub and wash the lemons in the sink. Then slice off very thin slivers of skin -- just the yellow, no white. Get all the zest from each lemon you're using.

Next, put the zest into a bowl and pour all the sugar from your recipe over it. Mix it around to make sure the zest is well coated and let it sit for about an hour. During that time, the sugar will pull the oils out of the zest and turn a bit syrupy.

Juice the lemons as usual.

Boil some water and pour it over the sugar-zest mixture, making sure it's fully covered. This will help dissolve the sugar and get the rest of the flavor from the zest. Let it steep/dissolve for at least 10 minutes.

Now combine everything in your serving container with lots of ice, making sure to pour the zest syrup through a sieve. Add cold water to taste.

#375887 - 05/11/12 11:33 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: onn]
dakkon Offline
connoisseur

Originally Posted By: onn

Last Tuesday I had this:

Onn, just for the record... I hate you for posting that photo... If it woulda been a crappy photo i would be ok with it... But, to post something that delicious looking, i think that is cruel and unusual punishment for the rest of us....

#375901 - 05/12/12 06:44 AM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: pmbuko]
MarkSJohnson Online   happy
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
Originally Posted By: pmbuko

If you want to be really fancy, first scrub and wash the lemons in the sink. Then slice off very thin slivers of skin -- just the yellow, no white. Get all the zest from each lemon you're using.

Next, put the zest into a bowl and pour all the sugar from your recipe over it. Mix it around to make sure the zest is well coated and let it sit for about an hour. During that time, the sugar will pull the oils out of the zest and turn a bit syrupy.

Boil some water and pour it over the sugar-zest mixture, making sure it's fully covered. This will help dissolve the sugar and get the rest of the flavor from the zest. Let it steep/dissolve for at least 10 minutes.

Now combine everything in your serving container with lots of ice, making sure to pour the zest syrup through a sieve. Add cold water to taste.

Where do you guys find the time to do these things? I just open a bottle of beer or have a glass of water and have an extra half hour in my day!

#375904 - 05/12/12 08:58 AM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: dakkon]
onn Offline
aficionado

Loc: Edmonton Alberta
Originally Posted By: dakkon

Last Tuesday I had this:

Onn, just for the record... I hate you for posting that photo... If it woulda been a crappy photo i would be ok with it... But, to post something that delicious looking, i think that is cruel and unusual punishment for the rest of us....

Thanks for the kind words Dakkon. laugh

If any of our Quebec members happen to know where I could find something like this near Shawinigan, let me know. I'm heading that way next week.

Edited by onn (05/12/12 09:02 AM)

#375919 - 05/12/12 01:50 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: MarkSJohnson]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Originally Posted By: pmbuko

Where do you guys find the time to do these things? I just open a bottle of beer or have a glass of water and have an extra half hour in my day!

Dude. Ya gotta mike time for the good things in life, like lemonaid.

Quote:
...where I could find something like this near Shawinigan

Say hi to Jean for me. Just remember though, don't let him get hold of your throat.

Peter. I'll give that a try sometime soon.

Edited by fredk (05/12/12 01:51 PM)

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#375938 - 05/12/12 09:07 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: onn]
spiffnme Offline
axiomite

Loc: Los Angeles
Didn't have these tonight. I had these when I was in Brandon Manitoba last week. Each one was at least 20 oz.

Last Tuesday I had this:

Seriously cruel. I just got a text from my brother showing me the fried haddock and scallops he's having at my all-time favorite seafood restaurant, and now I have to see this? Cruel!

Page 84 of 99 < 1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 98 99 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.