Print Thread
Rate Thread
QS-8
#450 11/12/01 02:31 PM
B
Brad Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I'm interested in the Epic 60 system and wanted to know about positioning the QS-8's. I've been told that they should be placed behind the listening position facing the front speakers and spaced about the same distance apart as the front speakers are apart and about 7 feet above the floor. So my question is can they be hung from the ceiling, as they can be mounted to a wall? Or could they be suspended from the ceililng - as with wires and hooks? The room that I'm setting up for a theater room only has a 7 1/2 foot ceiling and is long and open at the back of the room to an upper level so I have no back wall to mount these to. I know about the stands but would prefer the cleaner installation.

Re: QS-8
#451 11/12/01 05:32 PM
A
old hand
old hand
A
Hi Brad;

It is possible to ceiling mount the QS8s with some ingenuity. Just be aware that there are drivers on four sides, so you'll want to be away from any beams that would fall at the traditional 'bottom' of the QS8. The man who designed our new shopping cart has his QS8s hanging from chains to combat a similar problem, and he has been very happy with that arrangement, so I'd recommend that option.

Re: QS-8
#452 11/13/01 02:28 AM
Brad, the best way I have found is to make some nice brackets that hang down from the ceiling, I just made a pair for my sister’s house as she has a similar problem to yours for the rear speakers. I made them out of Aluminum, they allow the speakers to hung from the ceiling and you can adjust the horizontal and vertical axis for the desired positioning.. If you are interested in this idea you can e-mail me I will e-mail back to the sketch for the design, they look nice and work very well.

John

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters