AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (CV, SuzanneWGibso), 55 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13329 Members
11 Forums
22920 Topics
405204 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13340
CV 11236
MarkSJohnson 10941
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#48723 - 06/09/04 09:34 AM Help! Does Axiom sell their Boston Cherry VENEER?
fripp Offline

Can you buy the Boston Cherry veneer for from Axiom? Not speakers, just BC veneer for speaker stands?

I needed to upgrade my speaker stands to a pair that would better match the beauty of my Boston Cherry M-22s. I thought I had found the perfect solution in the Plateau ST-23 Red Mahogany speaker stands. The color online looked almost identical to my BC M-22s: http://www.standsandmounts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1055

Well I ordered the stands and they are absolutely beautiful, unfortunately the color of the wood bases are a completely different color than the BC M-22s, and the two shades of wood look terrible when together. This is a real bummer, because I really like the stands (plus there would be a 15% re-stock charge for returns- ouch!)
Does Axiom sell the veneer to match their Boston Cherry speakers? I’m not even sure how I would apply that to the bases but that’s a moot point if I can’t buy BC veneer.

If not, does anyone know of a surface I can apply to the bases to make them look reasonably like the Boston Cherry Speakers. Contact Paper with “Boston Cherry” -like look, or something in this vein?

Thanks a ton in advance!

Josh

#48724 - 06/09/04 09:42 AM Re: Help! Does Axiom sell their Boston Cherry VENEER?
Ajax Offline
axiomite

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Your best way to find out is to call Axiom, and explain your situation just as you did here. They're nice folks, down to earth, and even if they don't sell just the veneers on a regular basis, they just might make an exception for you. They might even give you tips on what to use to adhere the vinyl to your stands. Only way to find out is to give 'em a call.

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

#48725 - 06/09/04 12:22 PM Re: Help! Does Axiom sell their Boston Cherry VENEER?
johnbasham Offline
old hand

Loc: Tulsa
You might try Parts Express, pt.#260-014

#48726 - 06/09/04 02:39 PM Re: Help! Does Axiom sell their Boston Cherry VENEER?
Ajax Offline
axiomite

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Fripp, here's a link to the Parts Express.com vinyl, above. If you'll scroll down toward the bottom of the page, you'll find box with the heading "Check below for other products in this group." In that box they list other vinyls you might want to check, in case the cherry doesn't look like the right color.

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

#48727 - 06/09/04 09:10 PM Re: Help! Does Axiom sell their Boston Cherry VENE
les9596 Offline
enthusiast

Loc: The beautiful Puget Sound WA U...
I'm glad you brought this up Josh. Please be sure to come back and let us know the resolution on this. I am thinking of getting everything black because of this very thing.

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.