AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (kethinov, St_PatGuy), 56 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13330 Members
11 Forums
22922 Topics
405253 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17791
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13341
CV 11237
MarkSJohnson 10942
Meanwhile On Facebook

Four days to get in on the action!

☺ Wow - our 13,000 likes! Awesome! #thankful

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#48862 - 06/14/04 09:04 AM Re: Refurbished Electronics
bigjohn Offline
connoisseur

Loc: San Angelo, TX
dave-

sorry you got a bad one. alot of us have good experiences with refurb stuff, and would continue to buy refurb equip. i dont necessarily think were all "warm and fuzzy" here, just trying to give options for good deals at reduced price.

i hope your problem was fixed, and you are now happy with your final decision.

bigjohn

#48863 - 06/14/04 09:27 AM Re: Refurbished Electronics
jeffbridges Offline
hobbyist

Radspecv - I think you might have missed an important point... Dakmart, and the others mentioned before are authorized resellers of Denon products. Dakmart is unique as they provide a full 1 years warranty on refurbs (units are fixed by denon like normal - Denon just bills Dak instead of you.) Could be wrong, but Ultimate Electronics isnt authorized right? That means you get NO warranty whatsoever. My 2 cents - jb

#48864 - 06/14/04 09:42 AM Re: Refurbished Electronics
Radspecv Offline
old hand

Loc: Minnesota
Actually, UE is an anthorized retailer so I get a full Denon warranty, 2 years I think. Of course, they tried to sell me the extended warranty for a mere $110. That whole authorized retailer requirement came out of issues with online shops moreso than B&M shops. Someone may have better history on this. I'm just guessing. I read something about places messing with serial numbers. I think Denon just wanted more control and a way to limit they're liability if somebody buys a unit that hasn't gone through the proper channels. They're authorized refurb dealers get product that's been refurbed by Denon, not some other joe schmoe shop.

Pete

#48865 - 06/15/04 02:39 AM Re: Refurbished Electronics
davecircle Offline
frequent flier

bigjohn,
i agree. it seems like there are only a few cases of bad units from ecost. i honestly would buy from them again without hesitation. i have a question about this as i have never gone down this path. if i send it in to denon (no local shop) and they can't fix it, what happens then? do they replace it with another 2200 or a new unit? jsut curious.

dave

#48866 - 06/15/04 09:35 AM Re: Refurbished Electronics
bigjohn Offline
connoisseur

Loc: San Angelo, TX
dave-

to be honest man, i really dont know the answer to that. i have never had a problem with any of my refurb purchases, so i dont know the process to get one fixed. if you have already spoke with denon, and they are gonna try and fix it, i asume that they are taking responsibilty for the unit not working, and they are not leaving it up to you and the online store you bought it from. i would think if denon is taking responsibility to fix it, then they would take responsibility to replace it if it cant be fixed.. i really aint sure, i am just guessing.. i would contact denon directly and find out what options you have, and what they will do for you.

good luck with it, and keep us informed on your process.

bigjohn

#48867 - 06/15/04 01:10 PM Re: Refurbished Electronics
Ray3 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Rochester, NY
Dave, if it's under warranty (an it is in your case) they will fix, replace or refund. You are in a good place here.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.