AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
3 registered (1sweetspot, CV, tomtuttle), 121 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403263 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17741
pmbuko 16259
SirQuack 13318
CV 11145
MarkSJohnson 10832
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#48862 - 06/14/04 09:04 AM Re: Refurbished Electronics
bigjohn Offline
connoisseur

Loc: San Angelo, TX
dave-

sorry you got a bad one. alot of us have good experiences with refurb stuff, and would continue to buy refurb equip. i dont necessarily think were all "warm and fuzzy" here, just trying to give options for good deals at reduced price.

i hope your problem was fixed, and you are now happy with your final decision.

bigjohn

#48863 - 06/14/04 09:27 AM Re: Refurbished Electronics
jeffbridges Offline
hobbyist

Radspecv - I think you might have missed an important point... Dakmart, and the others mentioned before are authorized resellers of Denon products. Dakmart is unique as they provide a full 1 years warranty on refurbs (units are fixed by denon like normal - Denon just bills Dak instead of you.) Could be wrong, but Ultimate Electronics isnt authorized right? That means you get NO warranty whatsoever. My 2 cents - jb

#48864 - 06/14/04 09:42 AM Re: Refurbished Electronics
Radspecv Offline
old hand

Loc: Minnesota
Actually, UE is an anthorized retailer so I get a full Denon warranty, 2 years I think. Of course, they tried to sell me the extended warranty for a mere $110. That whole authorized retailer requirement came out of issues with online shops moreso than B&M shops. Someone may have better history on this. I'm just guessing. I read something about places messing with serial numbers. I think Denon just wanted more control and a way to limit they're liability if somebody buys a unit that hasn't gone through the proper channels. They're authorized refurb dealers get product that's been refurbed by Denon, not some other joe schmoe shop.

Pete

#48865 - 06/15/04 02:39 AM Re: Refurbished Electronics
davecircle Offline
frequent flier

bigjohn,
i agree. it seems like there are only a few cases of bad units from ecost. i honestly would buy from them again without hesitation. i have a question about this as i have never gone down this path. if i send it in to denon (no local shop) and they can't fix it, what happens then? do they replace it with another 2200 or a new unit? jsut curious.

dave

#48866 - 06/15/04 09:35 AM Re: Refurbished Electronics
bigjohn Offline
connoisseur

Loc: San Angelo, TX
dave-

to be honest man, i really dont know the answer to that. i have never had a problem with any of my refurb purchases, so i dont know the process to get one fixed. if you have already spoke with denon, and they are gonna try and fix it, i asume that they are taking responsibilty for the unit not working, and they are not leaving it up to you and the online store you bought it from. i would think if denon is taking responsibility to fix it, then they would take responsibility to replace it if it cant be fixed.. i really aint sure, i am just guessing.. i would contact denon directly and find out what options you have, and what they will do for you.

good luck with it, and keep us informed on your process.

bigjohn

#48867 - 06/15/04 01:10 PM Re: Refurbished Electronics
Ray3 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Rochester, NY
Dave, if it's under warranty (an it is in your case) they will fix, replace or refund. You are in a good place here.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.