AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13330 Members
11 Forums
22922 Topics
405242 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17791
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13341
CV 11237
MarkSJohnson 10942
Meanwhile On Facebook

☺ Wow - our 13,000 likes! Awesome! #thankful

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Page 143 of 172 < 1 2 ... 141 142 143 144 145 ... 171 172 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54029 - 11/03/04 04:37 PM Re: OT: politics
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
I agree. The more and more I learned about the administration in the months leading up to, well, yesterday, the more I began to realize that President Bush was the most palatable guy there.

The Straussians (a.k.a. neo-conservatives) like Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz are who we have to worry about. They push the idea that America is the only force of good on the planet, and our destiny is to fight evil around the world. They blatantly lie about threat levels -- ample evidence exists that they did this in the past when they were trying to convince Reagan that the Soviet Union was trying to take over the world -- and use religion as a tool to sway the masses.

They do all this for one reason -- they think liberal ideas, and liberals in general are causing moral decay in America. Only a large, powerful enemy -- currently terrorists, formerly communists -- can unite the people into a homogeneous mass of double-plus-good Americans.

It's good to hear that Rumsfeld might be leaving, but I have no confidence that anyone with a different ideology will be allowed to take his place.

Yeah, I'm a bit pessimistic right now, but really, I'm hoping for the best. Give me a few days to get my spirits up.

#54030 - 11/03/04 04:40 PM Re: OT: politics
real80sman Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Well, I have completely avoided this thread all together, but this link was kind of cute. Hope I am not late to the punch line.

Epic 80/600 + M3's + Custom Finish Algonquin V3's

#54031 - 11/03/04 04:46 PM Re: OT: politics
AdamP88 Offline
aficionado

Loc: Omaha, NE
That's the first election-related thing I've laughed at since the election.

Thanks!

#54032 - 11/03/04 04:55 PM Re: OT: politics
BigWill Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Corona, Calif. USA!!!
I like Rudy, too, but I think McCain will be a shoo-in now that he has demonstrated his party loyalty by very actively campaigning for Bush. IMO, McCain would be unbeatable.

They say Rehnquist isn't going to retire. Are we assuming he's going to kick the bucket? My older brother is similarly concerned about the religous right. I don't see the threat personally.

I did see Barack Obama interviewed on Fox a few days ago. He did seem like a high quality individual - I liked him. I also liked that New Mexico governor, Bill Richardson, but neither of those guys - or Hillary - have any chance of defeating McCain.

#54033 - 11/03/04 04:58 PM Re: OT: politics
BigWill Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Corona, Calif. USA!!!
LOL, you're nuts.

I don't think Rumsfeld is going anywhere. I would have to agree that Ashcroft seems like a strange fellow, though.

#54034 - 11/03/04 04:58 PM Re: OT: politics
bigjohn Offline
connoisseur

Loc: San Angelo, TX
In reply to:

It's good to hear that Rumsfeld might be leaving

that is very good, if its true?

it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but i have a true concern for the manner in which he is trying to mold the military sectors of the government with civilian control. i didnt mention this before, cause i wanted to ask her if it was OK first, but i have a good friend who's uncle is the assistant secretary of the army, colonel les brownlee. when the sec of the army stepped down, general brownlee, who is a highly decorated officer in the army, stepped in to do the job with the intent that he would take over the position. rumsfeld moved in, and has tried to put 2 different civilians into that position, and bypassed colonel brownlee. both of those civilians resigned the position, leaving brownlee to still do the job, but only on an interm basis. despite the fact that he has full backing and support from both the house and senate, democrats and republicans alike, rumsfeld still refuses to appoint him to the secretary of the army position. and why? thats a good question.. once again, it boils down to rumsfeld's desire to breakdown the upper command of the military, and replace them with civilians that he can control, who have NO military experience what so ever.

and bush is no where to be found in this whole deal. to me, a perfect example of his 'passing the responsibilty' type attitude. he could do something about this, but its just easier to let rumsfeld take the heat.

bigjohn

Edited by bigjohn (11/03/04 05:23 PM)

#54035 - 11/03/04 05:41 PM Re: OT: politics
pmbuko Offline

It takes a nuts person to see beyond the facade sometimes.

#54036 - 11/03/04 06:38 PM Re: OT: politics
pmbuko Offline

Best post-election political joke I've heard so far:

Hey John Kerry... why the long face?

#54037 - 11/03/04 07:56 PM Re: OT: politics
spiffnme Offline
axiomite

Loc: Los Angeles
Bush wins.
The GOP gain three more seats in the Senate.
The GOP gain two more seats in the house.
11 states ban gay marriage.

I think I'm going to throw up...

#54038 - 11/03/04 08:11 PM Re: OT: politics
pmbuko Offline

Don't give up, spiff. Millions of Americans want true equality for every citizen. Just not enough millions.

Page 143 of 172 < 1 2 ... 141 142 143 144 145 ... 171 172 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.