AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
1 registered (Socketman), 34 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13310 Members
11 Forums
22849 Topics
403776 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17754
pmbuko 16268
SirQuack 13324
CV 11168
MarkSJohnson 10856
Meanwhile On Facebook

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54770 - 09/21/04 09:16 PM Re: Kill the politics crap already, i can't find t
dmn23 Offline
aficionado

Loc: Nashville, TN
A relatively painless alternative that works for me is that the bookmark is set to the index page, showing the five forums. New posts show up in parenthesis. Of course it requires the extra step of entering each forum to see which topics have received replies, but it's okay for me. I'm sure you're well aware of all of this, but I thought I'd mention it. Not my intention at all if this sounds patronizing.

Frankly, I spend an inordinate amount of time here because this is easily one of the most civil, intelligent and good-natured forums out there. I usually learn something, and often get a good laugh. If the off-topic threads are relegated to the Q&C forum and are clearly marked, I don't have a problem with it. And God knows I've been guilty of hijacking a few threads.

#54771 - 09/22/04 08:11 AM Re: Kill the politics crap already, i can't find t
ringmir Offline
aficionado

Loc: boston
chess, I didn't even realize that such a view existed. I can imagine that it's pretty obnoxious to sort through them all and my appologies for that. I have the index page bookmarked as well, and every once in a while when I'm feeling masochistic I open the politics thread. I made it because I was tired of seeing, say, 8 new posts in a thread on speaker placement, only to go in and find some political argument taking place.

#54772 - 09/22/04 10:44 AM Re: Kill the politics crap already, i can't find t
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
In reply to:

tired of seeing, say, 8 new posts in a thread on speaker placement, only to go in and find some political argument taking place

Indeed.
People need to have the courtesy to take it somewhere else more appropriate. This is an audio forum, not a soapbox political derby.

#54773 - 09/22/04 12:23 PM Re: Kill the politics crap already, i can't find t
Ken.C Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
Sorry, Chess, then don't start possibly political arguments in audio threads. I'm afraid we're on two separate sides here. I don't wanna see it, so I say stick it in it's own little thread, since it's going to happen anyway. You don't wanna see it, so you say don't do it.

#54774 - 09/22/04 04:14 PM Re: Kill the politics crap already, i can't find t
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
Ken,
In reply to:

then don't start possibly political arguments in audio threads

Comparing my poke fun comment at NeverH to the ridiculous political thread is like comparing a cookie crumb to the entire Chips Ahoy factory with the Keebler elves inside.

In reply to:

since it's going to happen anyway

If people are courteous enough to not get on their political soapboxes, then it won't just happen anyway. I would like to believe more people here are courteous rather than ignorant.

And if you turn off your electronics thus decreasing the consumption of electricity we WILL see a decrease in the flooding of lands which causes an increased creation in methyl mercury. That is not political propaganda or an individual opinion, it is a fact. Perhaps Neverhappy was unaware of such consequences for leaving electrical items on in the house so i stated such.
Maybe we could move on to turning off an unlit gas stove and putting the handles of boiling pots facing inward as long as you don't ask me to move it to the political thread.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.