Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: M3ti vs Monitor Audio Silver S2 vs Boston VRM5
#82712 02/24/05 09:35 PM
barok Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
I just placed my order for a pair of M3Tis in Mansfeeld Beech with black grilles!
{excited!}

#82713 02/24/05 11:54 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Great choice there, the M3s.

I've had mine now for a number of years playing day and nite with never an uncomfortable moment. Not just "pleasant" but downright "Friendly"

Yeah! That's it, they're "friendly" speakers. (never thought of it that way, til now)

I use three as fronts and center and couldn't be happier. Only problem is my new listening room is just a bit too large for them and they seem to be strained some on the more demanding passages. Otherwise they're great, and easy to live with speakers.

Anyway, good choice and you have every right to be (excited)

Enjoy,
Rich.

#82714 02/25/05 12:34 AM
barok Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
In reply to:

I use three as fronts and center and couldn't be happier. Only problem is my new listening room is just a bit too large for them and they seem to be strained some on the more demanding passages. Otherwise they're great, and easy to live with speakers.

How big is your room ?

Based on the m3s specs and descriptions in Axiom's website I guess it might not be unexpected if they do not fill my fairly large room - 16x16 with a vaulted ceiling sloping from 12ft down to 9 ft. and with the left side wide open to the kitchen.
so it's about 2500+ c.ft but with the kitchen it's close to about 3500+ sq. ft.

My LP is about 14ft from the fronts.

However... my current speakers are JBL N24II satellites and they can fill the room though they also sound strained at really high volumes (also when my wife is having a Karaoke session ) -- so spec-wise they probably won't fill the room as much as I wanted to--but I'll see (hear)... I might just be in for a nice surprise.
On the other hand, I'm hoping to get the m22s in the future when/if the room arrangment changes.

#82715 02/25/05 02:29 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
When we first got our M3s, we were in a 2900 cu ft room and they worked just fine-our listening position was about nine feet back. Speakers at eight feet apart.

Our current listening room is about 3900 cu ft and we're back about twelve feet. Speakers still at eight feet apart.(this dim. is cast in stone) Another problem is the room configuration-pretty bad. A brick fireplace on one side, and a large open area on the other. My imaging has left the building. In the old house I could almost determine the color of the outfits of the vocal accompianists-almost. The lead singers were usually right at the plane of the TV screen and oft times some of the instruments were out on the front porch, or so it seemed. (Really!)

I was a really really happy camper. Then we moved...

But Ya know, I just had an interesting thought-had we bought the M3s while living in This House, I probably wouldn't be giving them a positive indorsement.

However,

Like I mentioned, the M3s work great, less the imaging degradation, most all of the time. All complaints are Intirely Room Related, the speakers are not at fault in any way. Also the contractor who built the house coupled with a very high negative WAF conspire against me as far as changing around the room layout. (There really is no way to rearrange to make things better)

So I'm gonna guess that if you have a more normal room, you Will be in for a nice suprise!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup