Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
2 registered (CV, michael_d), 103 Guests and 31 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12765 Members
11 Forums
22691 Topics
400636 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17697
pmbuko 16227
SirQuack 13311
CV 11064
MarkSJohnson 10694
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#82712 - 02/24/05 04:35 PM Re: M3ti vs Monitor Audio Silver S2 vs Boston VRM5
barok Offline
regular

I just placed my order for a pair of M3Tis in Mansfeeld Beech with black grilles!
{excited!}

#82713 - 02/24/05 06:54 PM Re: M3ti vs Monitor Audio Silver S2 vs Boston VRM5
F107plus5 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Fla. Orig. Mich.
Great choice there, the M3s.

I've had mine now for a number of years playing day and nite with never an uncomfortable moment. Not just "pleasant" but downright "Friendly"

Yeah! That's it, they're "friendly" speakers. (never thought of it that way, til now)

I use three as fronts and center and couldn't be happier. Only problem is my new listening room is just a bit too large for them and they seem to be strained some on the more demanding passages. Otherwise they're great, and easy to live with speakers.

Anyway, good choice and you have every right to be (excited)

Enjoy,
Rich.

#82714 - 02/24/05 07:34 PM Re: M3ti vs Monitor Audio Silver S2 vs Boston VRM5
barok Offline
regular

In reply to:

I use three as fronts and center and couldn't be happier. Only problem is my new listening room is just a bit too large for them and they seem to be strained some on the more demanding passages. Otherwise they're great, and easy to live with speakers.

How big is your room ?

Based on the m3s specs and descriptions in Axiom's website I guess it might not be unexpected if they do not fill my fairly large room - 16x16 with a vaulted ceiling sloping from 12ft down to 9 ft. and with the left side wide open to the kitchen.
so it's about 2500+ c.ft but with the kitchen it's close to about 3500+ sq. ft.

My LP is about 14ft from the fronts.

However... my current speakers are JBL N24II satellites and they can fill the room though they also sound strained at really high volumes (also when my wife is having a Karaoke session ) -- so spec-wise they probably won't fill the room as much as I wanted to--but I'll see (hear)... I might just be in for a nice surprise.
On the other hand, I'm hoping to get the m22s in the future when/if the room arrangment changes.

#82715 - 02/24/05 09:29 PM Re: M3ti vs Monitor Audio Silver S2 vs Boston VRM5
F107plus5 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Fla. Orig. Mich.
When we first got our M3s, we were in a 2900 cu ft room and they worked just fine-our listening position was about nine feet back. Speakers at eight feet apart.

Our current listening room is about 3900 cu ft and we're back about twelve feet. Speakers still at eight feet apart.(this dim. is cast in stone) Another problem is the room configuration-pretty bad. A brick fireplace on one side, and a large open area on the other. My imaging has left the building. In the old house I could almost determine the color of the outfits of the vocal accompianists-almost. The lead singers were usually right at the plane of the TV screen and oft times some of the instruments were out on the front porch, or so it seemed. (Really!)

I was a really really happy camper. Then we moved...

But Ya know, I just had an interesting thought-had we bought the M3s while living in This House, I probably wouldn't be giving them a positive indorsement.

However,

Like I mentioned, the M3s work great, less the imaging degradation, most all of the time. All complaints are Intirely Room Related, the speakers are not at fault in any way. Also the contractor who built the house coupled with a very high negative WAF conspire against me as far as changing around the room layout. (There really is no way to rearrange to make things better)

So I'm gonna guess that if you have a more normal room, you Will be in for a nice suprise!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.