AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (Ken.C, CV), 50 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13330 Members
11 Forums
22922 Topics
405254 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17791
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13341
CV 11237
MarkSJohnson 10942
Meanwhile On Facebook

Four days to get in on the action!

☺ Wow - our 13,000 likes! Awesome! #thankful

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8727 - 02/10/03 06:13 PM M3ti versus M22ti
Stupac Offline

Howdy folks,

I am hoping to get as many replies as possible to this post in order to help me make my decision. So, if all you are able or willing to contribute is a model number, then I'd greatly appreciate that at the very least.

I am a musician myself, and while I spend alot of cash on performance gear, I won't spend a lot of money on stereo equipment. No recorded guitar will ever compare to live Marshall stacks!

Anyway, I need to buy a new pair of speakers and think I'd like a pair of Axiom bookshelves. However, all my system will consist of is the bookshelves. I'm not interested in home theatres or subs, etc.

So, which of the above models best stands on its own as as a set of music-oriented speakers. ie, bass response, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

#8728 - 02/11/03 09:30 AM Re: M3ti versus M22ti
Patchwork Offline
veteran

hi Stupac,

i like the nickname!

I own both the M3's and the M22's. I prefer the M22's.

I can't stand writing long posts anymore, so i'll cut to the point.

The M3's bass is a bit more punchy (larger woofer), but the midrange is more laid back.

The M22's have extremely flat frequency response, so they sound more forward than the M3's. They give more detail and soundstaging than the M3's, too.

Both are pretty much equal in the high end of sound, and both reach to about the same depths in terms of low frequency extension, and the M22's are only about 1dB more sensitive.

you can't really go wrong with either. if you don't mind spending the extra cash, i'd get the m22's.

if you search the forum, there are other posts about comparing these.

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.