AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
3 registered (exlabdriver, Gary Vose Sr, jasonw1701), 122 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22824 Topics
403213 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17740
pmbuko 16258
SirQuack 13318
CV 11139
MarkSJohnson 10831
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 4 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#89225 - 04/07/05 02:11 PM Re: Who'll Bring the Potato Salad?
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
I think bigjohn's pretty much got it nailed.

It's over 2900 miles each way for me (and more for the Californians), and there's no way I'm spending that much time in the car with ANYBODY. I doubt I could get Mrs. Tuttle and the little tuttles on board for that kind of commitment without mouse ears or warm beaches. So, bigwill and peter will have to handle the keg of La Fin du Monde without me.

It's a pity, too, because MY wife makes the best potato salad

Amie, this is a wonderful and gracious idea. I really think you should do it.

#89226 - 04/07/05 02:18 PM Re: Who'll Bring the Potato Salad?
bigjohn Offline
connoisseur

Loc: San Angelo, TX
In reply to:

Reg $2.89

WOW, its not that bad here at all.. i mean, its high, but not that high. i think i paid $2.15 a gallon a few days ago. of course, i have a 33 gallon tank, so it was almost $70 bucks. and flying into toronto is not a bad idea.. but its still a 3 hour drive to dwight from toronto.

mark- i really dont know any jokes. i just kinda laugh at what i see around me. but i am entertaining, especially after a few beers.

sounds like this dang party just might be worth getting to.

bigjohn

#89227 - 04/07/05 02:23 PM Re: Who'll Bring the Potato Salad?
alou Offline
veteran

Loc: Calgary, AB
On top of fuel/beer costs, you must account for the number of litres/gallons of bug repellent you will require during your stay.

And keep your children tied down...from what I hear, the horseflies are big enough to fly away with an 8 yr old!!

#89228 - 04/07/05 02:33 PM Re: Who'll Bring the Potato Salad?
James_T Offline
aficionado

Loc: Seattle WA
Wow. that would be a lot of fun! Great music, beer, and cheese. Plus there are bound to be some 'interesting' conversations. Though, it might be a good idea to consider it like Vegas. What happens there stays there. I'm just thinking of our 'port lovers'. I don't mean to judge, but they might appreciate our discretion.

Isn't there a camp ground near by? Talk about a cheap vacation. If the weather is nice, just camp out for a weekend.

Now, like spiff said "back to this free stuff".

jr

Edited by James_R (04/07/05 02:35 PM)

#89229 - 04/07/05 02:41 PM Re: Who'll Bring the Potato Salad?
ringmir Offline
aficionado

Loc: boston
In reply to:

ringmir smokin cigars and hitting on all the hot chicks.

I have no idea what I've said/done on the board that would give you this impression of me...

But it's probably *spot on*. heh.

#89230 - 04/07/05 02:55 PM Re: Who'll Bring the Potato Salad?
BBIBH Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Canada
Too funny!!!

Keep in mind that gas in Canada is more expensive than the US. A gallon would current run you approx $4.00 for an Imperial gallon ( $0.92L x 4.55 L = 1 Imperial Gallon - I know the US gallon is slightly smaller - not to get into a measurement discussion again!).

Also note that this is pretty isolated areas - definitely beautiful area, but isolated.

Amie, name the date and let us get planning!!!!

Mike

#89231 - 04/07/05 03:08 PM Re: Who'll Bring the Potato Salad?
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
FOOD PORTIONS KEEP GETTING LARGER AND LARGER

I don’t really know enough about Latvians to be making fun of them, but after news like this I don’t think I need to know much more, after all. According to the Baltic News Service, Latvia is set to enter the Guinness Book of World Records after slapping together the world’s largest potato salad, a whopping feast of potatoes, cabbage, sausage, eggs, peas, cucumbers, sour cream and mayonnaise weighing in at an astronomical (and gastronomical) 3,277 kilos, (7,210 pounds). Most impressively, the giant potato salad was made entirely by hand, and then devoured in about 30 minutes by 4,500 hungry Latvians.
(from Yahoo News, Nov. 27, 2003)

#89232 - 04/07/05 03:11 PM Re: Who'll Bring the Potato Salad?
Amie Offline
connoisseur

Yes, it is resort central around here - definitely a great vacation destination for families (at least until the subwoofers scare the young'uns out of bed!) Everything from Deerhurst "city in the country" resort to camping in the national park just up the road from us (which is the same size as Northern Ireland!). And a camp ground right next door to the factory! I think it is most similar to the Adirondacks, for the Americans. With really great food.

I promise prizes, potato salad, and confidentiality clauses . . .

I'll find out the summer holiday schedule for the factory ('cause I think you may want to meet EVERYONE when you're here, not just Ian and I!) and consult the farmer's almanac and pick a date!

#89233 - 04/07/05 03:14 PM Re: Who'll Bring the Potato Salad?
spiffnme Offline
axiomite

Loc: Los Angeles
Daring to state the obvious, but a Saturday would be most excellent. I wiped my vacation days going to Europe!

#89234 - 04/07/05 03:33 PM Re: Who'll Bring the Potato Salad?
WhatFurrer Offline
aficionado

Loc: Round Rock, Texas
In reply to:

whatfurrer boils up shrimp and crawdads, and brags about his new house in austin.

Don't know about boiling shrimp and crawfish (crawdads are fish bait...it's a Texas thing...lived too long in Louisiana) but I make a mean Chicken Etoufee as well as Crawfish Etoufee, Red Beans & Rice, etc...

I would give my eye teeth to be able to attend but I am thinking that all my available "disposable" income may be taken up by moving into the new house with blinds, furniture, new QS8's, etc...

If someone would spring for a ticket, I'll come cook.

Seriously...

<edited by WhatFurrer> Nevermind, a ticket from Austin to Toronto near the end of July is approx $450...

WhatFurrer

Edited by WhatFurrer (04/07/05 03:43 PM)

Page 4 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.