AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13317 Members
11 Forums
22876 Topics
404359 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17775
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11200
MarkSJohnson 10886
Meanwhile On Facebook

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#96714 - 05/30/05 03:01 PM Another Visit with 2x6
BigWill Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Corona, Calif. USA!!!
Thought I'd share some deatils of my visit on Sunday with 2x6. Drove to his new palatial hill-top home - ocean views, sea breezes, what a spoiled bastard! - and was treated very nicely. The house is just flat out awesome! And 2x6 is OK, too.

Ironically, in this multi-million dollar home we spent most of our time listening to music from a $20 Chinese T-amp through some $15 Michaura speakers! That is what they call "irony", ain't it? I'm not sure that the T-amp has the sound everyone is looking for, but it is a stunning little bit of equipment. I was just amazed that the little thing was capable of making ANY music. It weighed about as much as a pack of smokes!

My only disappointment was that the big Thiels weren't set up (that and he only had two beers in the frig! ). I would have loved to hear those behemoths (and drink a sixer of someone else's beer). Maybe next time.

This forum has been fantastic in many ways: learning about HT and audio in general, making new friends, communicating with folks far flung across the globe... Very cool.

Thanks again, 2x6, for inviting me over. You have a standing invite to come out to my place anytime.

The wife loved those onion bagels this morning, muchos gracias.

#96715 - 05/30/05 04:13 PM Re: Another Visit with 2x6
2x6spds Offline
connoisseur

Loc: CA, USA
You're welcome anytime BigWill! I'll make sure there's enough brew in the fridge next time ("Beer, proof of G-d's love for man ..." Ben Franklin), and thanks for the wonderful cigars.

BTW, those Michaura M55s cost me $19 a piece, not $15. (Closer to $100 a pair after ubid shipping costs). I upgraded them with Jensen paper/oil caps which cost MUCH more than the speakers. (MSRP for the M55s was about the same as M22s as I recall.)

Anyway, I think the T-Amp and Ah! Njoe Tjoeb driving the M55s sounded great. BigWill was graciously silent as to his opinion.

The Big Thiels will be hooked up with the AudioQuest Midnight 2 Hyperlitz cables, Yamaha M80s, etc., next time you're over, and the tube amp as well. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

#96716 - 05/30/05 05:42 PM Re: Another Visit with 2x6
lomb7 Offline
devotee

Loc: San Diego
Well...when in the BBQ at your place. I'll bring the beer!

#96717 - 05/30/05 07:32 PM Re: Another Visit with 2x6
2x6spds Offline
connoisseur

The landscaping should be in not too long down the road. Honored to have you over lomb7. Bring your ears and favorite CDs.

#96718 - 05/30/05 09:08 PM Re: Another Visit with 2x6
BigWill Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Corona, Calif. USA!!!
Hold on pard. I never said that the T-amp setup sucked. I just don't think it was as good as the actual tube amp/Ah njoe!/Michaura setup you had in your old place. Not even close. And I know that I like your M22-like Michauras regardless of the source. I'll take as many of those as you can get at $100/pr, much less $19.

I can also definitely see a use for the T-amp at my place. That thing, a walkman and my bookshelf speakers could go in any room at the drop of a hat to provide low level music for poker games. No heavy lifting, or heavy investment, required.

BTW, have you given a spin to that unlabeled disc I dropped off at your place?

#96719 - 05/30/05 11:25 PM Re: Another Visit with 2x6
2x6spds Offline
connoisseur

Not yet, going to trial tomorrow. Homework. Can't wait to get the tube amp massaged and set up!

#96720 - 05/31/05 12:00 AM Re: Another Visit with 2x6
curtis Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Manhattan Beach, CA
hmmm...a weekend in San Diego sounds nice.

#96721 - 06/09/05 08:15 PM Re: Another Visit with 2x6
lomb7 Offline
devotee

Loc: San Diego
If anyone is up for a BBQ in San Diego I am hosting. I have a few flavors of speakers we could play with.

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.