AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (Aaron75), 150 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22900 Topics
404634 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17782
pmbuko 16280
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10903
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

Page 382 of 382 < 1 2 ... 380 381 382
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407594 - 10/09/14 09:38 AM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: exlabdriver]
nickbuol Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Marion, IA
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
Why would they mix the LFE that clearly has the possibility of damaging consumer equipment.

It seems that it is going to happen if a person plays this movie at anywhere near Reference Levels. Ridiculous!!

Thankfully some of us have been warned...

TAM

And to top it off, it is during the opening studio "credits" scenes. Not like some major climactic part of the movie. It is irrelevant to the movie itself and just pointless.

#407595 - 10/09/14 09:47 AM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: Murph]
nickbuol Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Marion, IA
Originally Posted By: Murph
Originally Posted By: CV
Yeah, I don't even want to give Gotham a fair shot. The trailer for it just looked way too dumb. I'm old.

I was the same, I didn't pick it up until now because I thought it looked too campy but then I gave into pressure at work to try it. It definitely won't be for everybody, but it was yards better than I expected.

I think I mostly want to watch Cobblepot grow up and gain power because the actor has made him pretty intriguing. Donal Logue has really nailed Harvey bullock as well.

We have, or I should say, HAD the episodes on our DVR until it took a turn for the worst. My wife and daughter were complaining about the DISH DVR receiver freezing up, even during live playback. I didn't pay too much attention to it because my family and electronics just don't seem to get along. Anyway, it died yesterday... Fan is on high, but it never boots. Replacement is on the way.

The root cause of the problem? Overheating... My wife, for whatever reason, took the TV, DISH, blu-ray, and A/V receiver remotes and stacked them in such a fashion to block the exhaust vents on the DVR. Not sure how long that they were blocking the vents. Could have been a few days, or it could have been months. We use a Harmony universal remote, so nobody has gone looking for the original remotes for some time.

All recordings were lost, and all timers. Most were shows that my wife and daughter's watched, and a number of those are cooking competition shows and such that don't related between each episode, so nothing lost there. There is the risk that we lost a recording of when my oldest daughter (from several years ago) sang the National Anthem on national TV. I am hoping that I moved that off to an external hard drive, but won't know until the replacement DVR comes tomorrow.

Hulu Plus free trial, here we come!

#407647 - 10/14/14 01:17 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
CatBrat Offline
axiomite

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
"Under the Dome", season 1, Episodes 1-11. Two of the Sr. producers are Steven King and Steven Spielberg. Based on a Steven King novel by the same name. Watching using Amazon Prime.

Excellent. I have a hard time not watching the next episode to see what happens next. There are currently 2 seasons, with the 3rd one planned for 2015. Will definitely buy the blu-ray version when the price drops enough.

Page 382 of 382 < 1 2 ... 380 381 382

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.