actually for everyone's benefit, my brother sent me an email of good summer brews. I've pasted it below for all:

Whether you're watching playoff hockey or a mini-skirt parade, no patio experience is complete without a properly refreshing summer beer. Herewith, some new and newish offerings to quench your thirst this summer.

Rum Cask Finish Oak Aged Beer (7.4%)
Scottish brewers Innis & Gunn have gotten creative, aging this deep red brew in oak barrels formerly used for rum. The result is a sweet, slightly spicy beer with notes of toffee and fruit.

Alexander Keith's Premium White Ale (5%)
Halifax's best-known brewer has a new offering: a white beer. Don't let its cloudy appearance or suggested orange garnish frighten you; this unfiltered ale, brewed with a hint of citrus and spice, has a clean, crisp finish.

1516 Bavarian Lager (5%)
This BC lager has finally arrived in the East (on tap in Toronto and Montreal). Okanagan Springs brews this beer in accordance with the Bavarian Purity Law of 1516, using only four ingredients: malt, hops, barley and water.

Okanagan Springs Extra Special Pale ale (5%)
This other offering from Okanagan Springs is full-bodied with a hint of fruit, and a crisp, dry finish. The dark copper appearance means this pale ale is heartier than most.

Ephemere Pomme (5.5%)
Boasting big Granny Smith apple flavour and a touch of spice, this Quebec beer gets points for originality. It quenches the thirst with a sweet but tart taste, and may soon become an essential guest at your barbecues.