Originally Posted By: libirm
 Originally Posted By: R DeVries
I just purchased Sennheiser's HD 555 maybe four weeks ago. Very popular at their price point. Picked up mine for $84 delivered. Break in period ongoing, initial takes; outstanding comfort, decent build quality, frequency separation very good; bass performance could be a tad better, excellent balance overall. I would not recommend them for travel or sports but that's up to you. For $84 bones, a steal... really.
[u][/u]

Thanks
Could you tell where for $84.? Can't find them anywhere for that price point.

$84 is a terrific price for the HD555 however they are open headphones and likely will not be the best option if you decide you will use them for a lot mixing. You would want something with a relatively flat respsonse and closed. Your best options for that in your price bracket IMO would be the Sony V6/7506 ( widely used in studios for mixing but some say this headphone can sound harsh, pads deteriorate over time), Shure 440 (bass light but has a very flat response in the midrange, treble) or if you want to spend a bit more cash, the AKG 271 MKII. Another thing to be aware of is that there might be comfort issues if you wear glasses with these cans.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne