It is hard to explain, but it seemed faster action, like things were sped to at a goofy speed. Just the brain's interpretation I guess. It was certainly smooth though without the 24fps motion blur, it again, it was really different than anything we are used to seeing.

The implementation of the (30ish) pairs or RED cameras is pretty neat. Peter Jackson has a YouTube channel with a number of behind the scenes "blog" videos that are cool.

Oh, and I saw a gaff in the movie. The cave tunnels are all in removable pieces so that they can take out a piece of the cave and put cameras at whatever angle.they want. Anyway, towards the end of the movie the dwarves are trying to escape from recently being captured and one of them bumps into the cave wall, and it splits open about an inch or so. Enough to be caught on camera. I mainly spotted it because it went from rough rock, to rough rock with a straight vertical cut in it that was that 1-2" wide split when bumped into. It was onscreen probably 1full second is all.

Lastly, yes I am awake. I went to bed at 4:30 and have been up since 6:30 with killer heartburn. I need to just stop getting popcorn in theaters. It does this to me every time. Popcorn in my movie theater style popper at home never does that to me. It is now 7:40 am and I've fill the last 70 minutes with the watching of crazy Russian driver and car crash videos on YouTube. Need to be up in 35 minutes to get ready to head to the airport.

Farewell - June 4, 2020