I know that there are some players here, I'm seeking some advice on good/better/best selections.

Back in my teen years, a looooong time ago, I got reasonably good with lots of practice and lessons at a music store by a fellow who'd been playing for years in a working band.

At the time my parents bought me a Japanese Les Paul copy branded Raven and a little practice amp from a pawn shop. It's exactly the same as this one, but with a different branding.

It was stored in their unfinished basement for, oh, about 25 years. Not a good when I finally retrieved recently. Rust everywhere that's metal. frown

Anyway, I want to take it up again. Even if it was a good idea to have it restored (is it?) it's quite heavy and I've always want a Strat style gee-tar. I gots to play da blues. smile

Budget is an issue and I'd like to keep a instrument and amp around $250 to $300, maybe $350 but that's it.

I've been considering a Squire Affinity or Classic Vibe 50s. Alternatively, is a Yamaha Pacifica 112V a good choice, and if I were to find a good one used, what would be a fair price?

Any other suggestions? Based on your experience, which models should I avoid?

Thanks for your input.