AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
2 registered (Lampshade, oakvillematt), 49 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13360 Members
11 Forums
23078 Topics
408058 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17843
pmbuko 16319
SirQuack 13356
CV 11388
MarkSJohnson 11061
Meanwhile On Facebook

(y) That countdown timer is finally off their site! Great to see high-quality s...

⚠ Only 5 days left in our Computer Speaker Presale! http://www.axiomaudio.com/c...

(y) Love this review a customer sent us recently: "Bottom line, these speakers...

❔ The new M1 High Powered Computer Speaker uses Axiom's latest full one-inch twe...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by michael_d @ 03/30/15 11:57 AM

Good seeing ya around again Craig! B&W, Paradigm, Wharfedale Opus 2.3ís are the ones that come to mind, but thatís only because Iíve owned or listened to each. Actually, what I think might be an even more interesting comparative test, would b
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by CatBrat @ 03/30/15 11:20 AM

I never liked Onkyo, but love Pioneer. I didn't know they bought Pioneer. That's gotta be a bad deal.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by mapatton @ 03/30/15 08:04 AM

Seeing this reminds me how glad I am I live in FL
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by Ken.C @ 03/29/15 09:19 PM

Have a look at accessories4less.com. They typically have very good deals and excellent customer service. I've bought several receivers from them.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by Jordan @ 03/29/15 09:05 PM

I finally got a chance to research some AVR specs this evening and I hear ya, no future proofing to be had for $400. My timing sems to be a bit off given the advent of 4K and HDCP 2.2. Then again, I'm not sure that I'll be buying a 4K tv anytime so
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by CV @ 03/29/15 07:32 PM

I stuck with Onkyo even after my previous Onkyo failed, mainly because of the feature set, and I knew I would be getting a new receiver in a couple of years, anyway, after the new surround formats and Ultra HD are worked out in the consumer test bed.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by Serenity_Now @ 03/29/15 07:05 PM

I'll be honest, I really just dont like the brand for several reasons. The huge HDMI board issue warranty recall that happened, poor reliability as experienced by members here, and a terrible marketing campaign about a year ago with the slogan "
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by Jordan @ 03/29/15 05:17 PM

Had a bad experience with Onkyo or just don't feel that they offer good value for dollar?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Eric's Birthday by EFalardeau @ 03/29/15 04:51 PM

Thank you all! On vacation, so I forgot to check the forum last week!
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Trasmission Line Speaker Design by casey01 @ 03/29/15 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: alanHi, I am familiar with the company and know the founder, but I don't have info on his enclosure designs. His speakers used to use large vertical ribbon drivers on top of a bass enclosure, which I think may be the reason he
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Trasmission Line Speaker Design by alan @ 03/29/15 11:55 AM

Hi, I am familiar with the company and know the founder, but I don't have info on his enclosure designs. His speakers used to use large vertical ribbon drivers on top of a bass enclosure, which I think may be the reason he called them a "line s
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 03/29/15 10:58 AM

Sorry to hear about your truck bridgman. Lots of fun all around I guess. Not. I may focus on building some of the panels and shelving for a bit until the snow scare is gone. Lots to do.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: EP350 v3 Subwoofers by GWiederhoft @ 03/29/15 08:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken.CYeah, the v3s went through a lot of amp changes. I've had several of them in mine... Right; that explains it. Thanks Ken.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Socketman @ 03/29/15 03:45 AM

Sorry to hear guys. Glad you didn't have water damage on your theater build. What a weird year for weather. Our snow is almost gone and I have had my summer tires on for a week already and if not for my steep driveway could have had them on 2 weeks e
Home Theater
Jump to new posts What to buy with Panasonic Plasma off the market by GregMatty @ 03/28/15 11:06 PM

I was really disappointed when Panasonic dropped their Plasma based TV's. For those of you like me who really liked the contrast, black levels, color, etc., what do you do for a replacement? I am moving away from Seattle and will finally have a hou
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by bridgman @ 03/28/15 10:32 PM

Wow... I think I had more "oughta fire up the snowblower" days this year than almost any prior year. Only difference was that it seemed to snow a moderate amount every day instead of the occasional big dumps, so by leaving the truck in 4W
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Pre-Amp or get an older used one by bridgman @ 03/28/15 10:24 PM

In fairness, AFAIK we keep the toxic goo and export the good stuff...
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Why Do my M22's look so different? by a401classic @ 03/28/15 07:31 PM

From being on the boards as long as I have, I've seen the changes and conversations from v2 to now and Axiom has consistently made incremental changes to the speakers rather than full step changes from version to version. When the v3's were about to
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Naming the Axiom Wireless Speaker by fredk @ 03/28/15 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken.CBut that old guy whose hearing has been ruined by playing 50 years of concerts at extreme volumes said 24/96 has a soul! As in: "I cant hear a soul." ?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Pre-Amp or get an older used one by fredk @ 03/28/15 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKay... Besides, how can you f-up a fir board or a toothpick?) ... That's sooo '70s. We've really moved up in the world since then. We're now world renowned for our toxic goo exports from the tar sands. Can't f that up eit
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by BBIBH @ 03/28/15 06:16 PM

March Madness...IMO the best sporting event!!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ 03/28/15 04:52 PM

Man Seeking Woman Worth watching. It was better than I was expecting, which I'm happy about. Jay Baruchel deserves another good show. It's been too long since Undeclared. There are a lot of comic actors you'll recognize doing bit parts in it.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone ever go on a European river cruise? by exlabdriver @ 03/28/15 04:02 PM

Both of ours were in early fall (late Aug/early Sep). We had good weather for the most part both times. Too early in the spring & the rivers can be too high & later in the fall they can be too low... TAM
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by CV @ 03/28/15 03:37 PM

I love the whole album, but here, have this one: Marina and the Diamonds - "Blue" I'd still marry her if she begged me.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Trasmission Line Speaker Design by casey01 @ 03/28/15 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: alanHi Strider53, Yes, decades ago, in the early 1970s, I built two large transmission line passive subwoofers based on a design marketed by IMF (Irving M. Fried). The enclosure was coffin-like and stood about chest height, wit
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.