AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 32 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,374 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,178 Topics
410,042 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17900
pmbuko 16341
SirQuack 13357
CV 11458
MarkSJohnson 11156
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 07:44 AM

Originally Posted By craigsubThe bass quality in the EP-800 is the best I have heard, and this includes some very fine subwoofer systems from JL Audio, Velodyne and a host of ID companies, including our own. There will be more on this later, as more
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 01:19 AM

I heard a fully mocked up prototype and I heard one of their "in progress" testbed (blind A/B test) and it does sound very nice, and connectivity was really slick. That was back in February when I was at Axiom. I just remember how much emphasis was
Hearing Things
Originally Posted By craigsubThe bass quality in the EP-800 is the best I have heard, and this includes some very fine subwoofer systems from JL Audio, Velodyne and a host of ID companies, including our own. There will be more on this later, as more
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by CV @ Yesterday at 12:27 AM

It's unfortunate, but I won't be able to gather the funds before the campaign is over. I know what you're all saying about 1st gen. I'll catch them in the next round.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Samsung or LG TV? Which is better? by casey01 @ 07/02/15 09:44 PM

I will more than likely within the next year have to purchase a new set and if I was to look at the most up to date technology it would have to be OLED. The only problem is, so far LG is the only brand that is getting in to it all the way and it is
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Samsung or LG TV? Which is better? by JohnK @ 07/02/15 09:38 PM

Happy Birthday, Paul!
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ 07/02/15 09:02 PM

Guys - This was posted at Home Theater Shack earlier tonight: It's time for a quick update - The last few days have been really hectic. My "day job" is working finance in the auto industry, and the end of the month is crazy, thus the lack
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by oakvillematt @ 07/02/15 08:44 PM

I understand your feeling, and trust me, I am feeling them too. But I did make the commitment. I guess there is that hope it will sound good, but reality is there isn't something to benchmark it against. You are correct that $600+ is quite a hefty
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by newf @ 07/02/15 08:01 PM

This thread is a very good example as to why I just can't jump on board with the AxiomAir. I love the idea. I love the look of it. But beyond that, there's too many unknowns. And this is not some cheap speaker. Even at the kickstarter costs it's ov
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by MarkSJohnson @ 07/02/15 03:00 PM

Ian, let's cut to the chase: Will there be blue LEDs?
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by oakvillematt @ 07/02/15 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By Nashvegas Rocks Great questions. So does this mean I couldn't stream spotify on my wifi and be connected to my axiom air at the same time? That question is not as simple to answer. The AA can make it's own network if there i
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Is ANYBODY streaming music through their AVR? by tomtuttle @ 07/02/15 01:03 PM

You guys are great. I really appreciate you taking the time to educate me. Matt, thank you for the pictures. It looks like the Synology solution really works well for you.
Stereo
Matt is describing a "push"; that is, he's accessing his NAS and telling it to send a stream to a particular device. I was explaining a "pull" (in my last post); which was telling my receiver to go get a stream from someplace (in
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by Serenity_Now @ 07/02/15 12:42 PM

That's exactly what I thought and expected. I just wasn't sure if Andrew meant the use of soundproof strategies was detrimental in some way. I chose to do it so my furnace and laundry nearby wouldn't be a bother.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by tomtuttle @ 07/02/15 12:41 PM

Thank you, Shane. That is very interesting.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Nashvegas Rocks @ 07/02/15 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By jmoneBeen following this for awhile but I've been away for a month. Couple of Q before I consider dropping for a multi pack 1) I'd want to control this all from JRiver's Media Center, so: - what protocol can I use to "push" t
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Samsung or LG TV? Which is better? by Worfzara @ 07/02/15 08:29 AM

I have a 60" LG plasma that is 2 years old and a 50" LG plasma that is 7 years old (I also have an Epson projector on a 135" screen). I like LG and I love Plasma (sad that technology is no longer available). Both my LG's are 720p (th
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: The Limited Edition by MarkSJohnson @ 07/02/15 06:24 AM

That's awesome, Doc! I remember MY excitement, and your system is well beyond mine!
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by jmone @ 07/02/15 03:57 AM

Been following this for awhile but I've been away for a month. Couple of Q before I consider dropping for a multi pack 1) I'd want to control this all from JRiver's Media Center, so: - what protocol can I use to "push" to the speakers (DLNA / Air
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Samsung or LG TV? Which is better? by GregLee @ 07/01/15 11:03 PM

I've had 3 Samsung plasma's, one Panasonic plasma, and now I have 2 Samsung LED-LCD sets, both 4k. The only one that displeased me was an expensive Samsung plasma that broke after two years. I'm very pleased with the last one I got, Samsung 65"
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: The Limited Edition by DrStrangeQuark @ 07/01/15 09:30 PM

WooHoo! The Marantz SR7008 came a week ago from Accessories 4 Less. Great deal on the refurb, and I would not be able to tell it apart from new stock. Of course, I haven't been able to test it out yet, but that should be changing shortly! I'll
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Nashvegas Rocks @ 07/01/15 08:50 PM

So i see that one of the options for later purchase is a battery. Does this mean for the $495 price it does not include a battery and must be plugged in or is the upgrade for an extra or extended life battery?
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by nickbuol @ 07/01/15 08:05 PM

It isn't that room isolation will make things sound bad, per se, but they are for soundproofing, which is different than acoustical treatments. I will say this. Soundproofing (ok, nothing will truly be "sound proof" unless you bury yourse
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by Serenity_Now @ 07/01/15 07:43 PM

Videos like this are what convinced me to take the plunge and actively "correct" my room to let the soundtrack/music shine through. This is for demonstration only. I would never go this far......
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by Ken.C @ 07/01/15 07:41 PM

Still exists in 10.10.4.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.