You are not logged in. [Log In]

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days

Forum   Subject
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: HomePod by pmbuko @ 02/13/18 09:57 PM

At max volume, I measured a Pink Martini track 1m from the speaker just now at about 85-88dB (C-weighted, slow). This is in my living/dining/kitchen “great room”, roughly 20’ x 32’ x 8’.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: HomePod by Mojo @ 02/13/18 09:24 PM

Thanks. How much SPL are you getting out of the pod?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by bridgman @ 02/13/18 08:46 PM

Tremors TV series on DVD. Surprisingly well made.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: HomePod by pmbuko @ 02/13/18 06:38 PM

Here's a video of someone taking it apart to look at its guts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArH41WyUt28
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: HomePod by pmbuko @ 02/13/18 05:38 PM

Mojo, you can disable the always listening feature. Then you have to touch and hold the top to activate the Siri. Also, Apple never sends any audio data to its servers unless you’ve triggered the device with the activation phrase “Hey Siri” or have
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: HomePod by pmbuko @ 02/13/18 05:35 PM

(Disclaimer: I work at Apple, but was not involved with the HomePod hardware in any way.) Since Apple gave employees a 50% discount on HomePod during the first 60 days after release, I jumped on it. I’ve had mine since Friday. That reddit review has
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Touch-up paint for scratches? by brwsaw @ 02/13/18 03:48 PM

Sharpee Lol
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Touch-up paint for scratches? by Ya_basta @ 02/13/18 03:44 PM

My subwoofer has a couple dings on it, and I was wondering if Axiom has a repair paint kit or something. Anyone got one in the past? Thanks
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: HomePod by Mojo @ 02/12/18 10:32 AM

I looked at a teardown. The 4" woofer motor looks massive. The driver looks well-thought out as well. I haven't had time to read the review you posted but I remember reading that the active sound management is transparent to the user. The pod i
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by michael_d @ 02/12/18 09:55 AM

Watched It last night.... Sum-bitch...creepy. One of the best scary movies I've seen in a long time. But I have an unhealthy dislike of clowns, so my opinion is surely tainted. I hope they don't screw up the next chapter. We also started watching A
Stereo
Jump to new posts HomePod by wschwartz @ 02/12/18 08:46 AM

An audiophile review: https://www.reddit.com/r/audiophile/comments/7wwtqy/apple_homepod_the_audiophile_perspective/ If accurate, Apple seems to have done a remarkable job, achieving omnidirectional sound and flat frequency response in a small, rela
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Would this work for a star ground by brendo @ 02/12/18 01:28 AM

The power center has one. But my line coming in is from the 80s to which the cable guy agreed then tied telling my its the rest of the wiring. As I showed him cable on cable off. Wouldn't the rest of the wiring still have the loop regardless of coax
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Would this work for a star ground by Gr8_White_North @ 02/12/18 01:00 AM

Get a balun for coax to eliminate ground loops.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Would this work for a star ground by Mojo @ 02/11/18 11:44 PM

I just looked at the manual. It doesn't describe how to use the ground port. It's not clear to me if that's intended to be used for equipment grounds or Powercenter ground. It's possible that if you connect your equipment grounds to that port, noise
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Would this work for a star ground by brendo @ 02/11/18 11:18 PM

HDP1800 Have tried multiple hook everything to it rounds. though due to a cable ground loop it always returns. Maybe creating a star with the use of the HDPS isolator can bypass my cable companies refusal to replace their Decrepit line coming in. E
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Would this work for a star ground by Mojo @ 02/11/18 08:23 PM

What is the model?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Would this work for a star ground by brendo @ 02/11/18 07:55 PM

Cool It's a Monster power center in question that has a built in grounding screw. Most of the tube vids I've watched On the Subject are by people trying to sell their own products so not to much info on the subject.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Would this work for a star ground by Mojo @ 02/11/18 03:59 PM

Yes. If a stud is provided, use crimped-on ring terminals and 2 star washers; one star washer under the terminal and one on top. Then place a flat washer above the star washer and then a locknut on top. You can also get lock nuts with integrated sta
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Expert Comments by Mojo @ 02/11/18 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By brwsawThen last sentence of the review "In the meantime, Axiom Audio’s M5HP gets my unreserved recommendation." I missed that when I read the review the first time. What does he mean by that? His full statement reads:
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Would this work for a star ground by brendo @ 02/11/18 02:45 PM

O.K. Yet another loop prevention question. Say your power center etc. has a ground lug on it. Would attaching a wire from all components ground lug to the power centers be creating a star ground?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Expert Comments by brwsaw @ 02/11/18 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By exlabdriverMore 'love' from the all knowing 'experts' that have never actually heard the M5HP: https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/axiom-speakers-reviewed-by-soundstage.110429/ TAM Then last sentence of the review
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by exlabdriver @ 02/11/18 02:15 PM

Watched 'Geostorm' Blu Ray last night. Typical 'disaster' type movie that was OK. Weak storyline; however, the visuals in space were stunning & worth watching just for that alone. Good soundtrack... TAM
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Worthy Gadget- Chromecast Ultra by brendo @ 02/11/18 02:02 PM

Personally cant stand Netflix we've had it here for a couple years. All the same crap as cable a little cheaper. My wife can watch Big Bang from the time she gets up to the time she goes to bed, even worse on demand. Think I've laughed twice over the
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Expert Comments by brendo @ 02/11/18 01:35 PM

I stopped believing most of A.H.s comments a while ago. To biased to their supporting partners. They give the highest praise in their reviews, then turn around and bash at the same time. In that link I came to a review of Bryston Middle T sure eno
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M80 V3 by Mojo @ 02/11/18 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By JBradAfter a sip of ferrofluid it makes total sense... Quick, Brad! Find a three-phase magnetic field for a vomit-inducing good time.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Forum Stats

15,206 Registered Members
15 Forums
23,962 Topics
423,590 Posts

Most users ever online:
883 @ 03/04/17 05:06 PM

Top Posters
Ken.C 18044
pmbuko 16437
SirQuack 13565