Wall'O'Fame
Axiom Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 Cinema
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Who's Online
3 registered (JBG, Ken.C, Kevin1), 95 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,443 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,362 Topics
413,665 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17994
pmbuko 16400
SirQuack 13360
CV 11547
MarkSJohnson 11292
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by MarkSJohnson @ 02/03/16 07:52 AM

Happy birthday, Ian! Forget the development for the day and find some good music and a bottle of wine!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by Ajax @ 02/03/16 07:29 AM

Happy Birthday, Ian. Hope you have a great day.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by Serenity_Now @ 02/03/16 07:22 AM

Thanks for the read John. Interesting stuff. 2x6 I'm not sure if you are into the research\reading side of the hobby, but this book may interest you. It is mainly gear quality focused, but delves a little into setup and acoustics. I think it woul
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by 2x6spds @ 02/03/16 03:36 AM

"Stubborn refusal to face the facts," that's insulting, isn't it? You are an objectivist. That's fine, and of course, it is not insult. Insulting people with contrary views is what the holy warriors of that orthodoxy do here, you foremost a
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by JohnK @ 02/03/16 02:42 AM

The classic Stereo Review amplifier test , still unchallenged(i.e., unchallenged by scientific evidence to the contrary, not simply by a stubborn refusal to face the facts).
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Ian's Birthday by JohnK @ 02/03/16 01:03 AM

It's now Wednesday in the land of Axiom and Ian will probably be taking some time out from his development work. Happy Birthday, Ian!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by 2x6spds @ 02/02/16 11:08 PM

OK, Craigsub ... come down to Southern California, bring your troop of evaluators, we will all close our eyes and listen to music, then we can argue over steaks and beers and listen to more music.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by Adrian @ 02/02/16 09:52 PM

The problem I had when I participated in a blind test (at Axiom a few years back) was conveying the differences in what I was hearing into words. I could definitely hear (subtle) differences between the two speakers (both were very good) but didn't k
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Brwsaw's Room Plan by brwsaw @ 02/02/16 09:13 PM

It's all in good fun... It didn't work. At +10 on the receiver and with the power turned all the way down on the subs the bass is roughly equivalent to 2 towers. I turned the subs off after and listened while I grinded away. I still have lots to do.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by craigsub @ 02/02/16 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By brendoI found that H.T.S. test to be quite fascinating. As to how the fellow could pick out the tone of their own equipment in that test. Must have been a certain tone they were familiar with on that brand. Though all that matter
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by brendo @ 02/02/16 08:12 PM

I found that H.T.S. test to be quite fascinating. As to how the fellow could pick out the tone of their own equipment in that test. Must have been a certain tone they were familiar with on that brand. Though all that matters is you are happy with you
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by craigsub @ 02/02/16 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By 2x6spdsI'm not angry. I have 2 ears and a brain, no oscilliscope. I don't watch the tubes glow, I tend to look at the fireplace. The sound of live performance is the gold standard. Some recordings are certainly far better than o
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 02/02/16 06:24 PM

I am planning an slight overhaul in my theater. Mainly to get my front main speakers a little bit wider (which means tearing down the false wall and moving it about a foot further into the room), and then the moving of my side surround a bit more f
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 02/02/16 05:55 PM

Not that you need a primer, Nick, but here is a good vid for those interested directly comparing and explaining different diffusers vs absorbers. Headphones work best when viewing the vid for comparison. Hope it's helpful. https://m.youtube.com/wa
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 02/02/16 05:47 PM

Whoa! The thread awakens. Thought my spring rear wall diffuser update would be it. The sidewall polys were installed prior to the sidewall absorbers. The absorbers made a much more impactful benefit to listening. That said, I am happy I went wit
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 02/02/16 05:01 PM

I might have missed it somewhere, but have you noticed much improvement after adding the poly diffusers? I know that you added them on 08/30/2015 and there were other treatments, but I am not sure if there was ever a "yeah, I think that they we
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Brwsaw's Room Plan by Serenity_Now @ 02/02/16 03:49 PM

Since the gain is a physical setting and preout settings are software, it might be best for setup flexibility to set subs higher and preout +/-0 to start. Craig probably has a quick and dirty way to set sub gain levels. I measure with full band p
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by Serenity_Now @ 02/02/16 03:22 PM

So long as its fun, thats all that matters. But seriously.... I wont start.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool by Serenity_Now @ 02/02/16 03:19 PM

Little Richard.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by exlabdriver @ 02/02/16 02:24 PM

I've stated this before, after the novelty wore off with my tubes, I came to the conclusion that I don't really hear any difference in my Tube Amp vs SS - but that is just me. In fact I changed out the whole complement of 10 OEM tubes with a differe
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by 2x6spds @ 02/02/16 02:03 PM

I'm not angry. I have 2 ears and a brain, no oscilliscope. I don't watch the tubes glow, I tend to look at the fireplace. The sound of live performance is the gold standard. Some recordings are certainly far better than others. No type of amplifier
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by craigsub @ 02/02/16 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By 2x6spds2 ears and a brain, the most incredible audio analyzer in the universe. This generally makes people angry to read, but here goes: When anyone touts how an amplifier sounds better than other amplifiers, and does so bas
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by 2x6spds @ 02/02/16 01:36 PM

2 ears and a brain, the most incredible audio analyzer in the universe.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AXIOM INTEGRITY by Stereoguy99 @ 02/02/16 12:54 PM

So I guess we are all "Banned Brothers" then....silly but my sugars are high today!!!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by oakvillematt @ 02/02/16 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By 2x6spds Matt, not to start a discussion which could wake this place up, but my experience with tube amps is that they produce excellent sound quality. If you audition a good tube amp, or even a modest tube amp like Monoprice's $1
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.