Wall'O'Fame
Axiom Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 Cinema
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Who's Online
2 registered (Ken.C, medic8r), 92 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,449 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,364 Topics
413,681 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17994
pmbuko 16400
SirQuack 13360
CV 11547
MarkSJohnson 11292
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by 2x6spds @ 02/03/16 08:12 PM

Hey Serenity I checked the link and was pleased to see it directed to Robert Harley's (Absolute Sound) book on high end audio. Bob did a book signing down here a few weeks ago. here is an interesting outtake from Wikipedia which mentions our favorit
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by 2x6spds @ 02/03/16 07:50 PM

Well, Craigsub, leave your posse up there, if you like, but if you ever find yourself down here, you are welcome in my home anytime. I will play you tunes on a wonderful tube amp, and some on some solid states, and if you are not a vegetarian, I have
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by TheGayBobKay @ 02/03/16 06:54 PM

Happy birthday, Ian! Bob......don't be a dick.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by Ian @ 02/03/16 06:13 PM

Thanks very much for all the birthday wishes. I am following your advice and relaxing now with a glass of wine and some great music. Playing it over the AxiomAir too! Bob, I wasn't actually born in the 70's but thanks for guessing that! Cheers,
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Rock & Roll Star Fantasy Bands by BobKay @ 02/03/16 05:09 PM

Good ones. All way screwed, for sure, but interesting. If Tommy Shaw, Ted Nugent, Jason Bonham, Sebastian Bach and Scott Ian can try to make a band together, that pretty much leaves the field wide-open. I DID say "try."
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool by BobKay @ 02/03/16 05:03 PM

Funny, we share the same birthday, but he is 20 years older than I am. I believe he's 82. Put your $$ on Chuck Berry, he's 89, but he's a major jerk, so he will live to be 100+. Mr. Penniman (Little Richard) is simply ca-razee. And oh, so, awesome!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by BobKay @ 02/03/16 04:57 PM

Indeed! Seventy-what?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by CV @ 02/03/16 02:26 PM

I hope it's a great one, Ian!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by Ken.C @ 02/03/16 02:07 PM

Happy birthday, Ian!
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Scott64 @ 02/03/16 01:51 PM

The product page says "Ships in 20 Business Days" now. Excitement level rising.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by Adrian @ 02/03/16 12:17 PM

Have a wonderfull day, Ian!!!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by craigsub @ 02/03/16 11:35 AM

Forget this birthday stuff ... I want to know if the WI Fi on Axiom Air is compatible with my 8 tracks.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by Stereoguy99 @ 02/03/16 10:57 AM

Happy B-Day Ian...have both a great day & year ahead!!!!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by nickbuol @ 02/03/16 10:17 AM

Happiest of birthdays, Ian!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by SBrown @ 02/03/16 09:24 AM

HB Ian, you have yourself a wonderful day bud.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by JBG @ 02/03/16 08:49 AM

Happy Birthday, Ian. Have a nice day!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by craigsub @ 02/03/16 07:52 AM

2x6 ... One of the aspects of performance with tube amps that has been demonstrated (using an oscilloscope as Oakville Matt mentioned) is the high levels of even order distortion. What many don't understand is that even order distortion tends to sou
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by MarkSJohnson @ 02/03/16 07:52 AM

Happy birthday, Ian! Forget the development for the day and find some good music and a bottle of wine!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's Birthday by Ajax @ 02/03/16 07:29 AM

Happy Birthday, Ian. Hope you have a great day.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by Serenity_Now @ 02/03/16 07:22 AM

Thanks for the read John. Interesting stuff. 2x6 I'm not sure if you are into the research\reading side of the hobby, but this book may interest you. It is mainly gear quality focused, but delves a little into setup and acoustics. I think it woul
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by 2x6spds @ 02/03/16 03:36 AM

"Stubborn refusal to face the facts," that's insulting, isn't it? You are an objectivist. That's fine, and of course, it is not insult. Insulting people with contrary views is what the holy warriors of that orthodoxy do here, you foremost a
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by JohnK @ 02/03/16 02:42 AM

The classic Stereo Review amplifier test , still unchallenged(i.e., unchallenged by scientific evidence to the contrary, not simply by a stubborn refusal to face the facts).
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Ian's Birthday by JohnK @ 02/03/16 01:03 AM

It's now Wednesday in the land of Axiom and Ian will probably be taking some time out from his development work. Happy Birthday, Ian!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by 2x6spds @ 02/02/16 11:08 PM

OK, Craigsub ... come down to Southern California, bring your troop of evaluators, we will all close our eyes and listen to music, then we can argue over steaks and beers and listen to more music.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by Adrian @ 02/02/16 09:52 PM

The problem I had when I participated in a blind test (at Axiom a few years back) was conveying the differences in what I was hearing into words. I could definitely hear (subtle) differences between the two speakers (both were very good) but didn't k
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.