AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
5 registered (MarkSJohnson, nickbuol, Serenity_Now, oakvillematt, Ken.C), 47 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,374 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,177 Topics
409,979 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17898
pmbuko 16340
SirQuack 13357
CV 11454
MarkSJohnson 11152
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by Serenity_Now @ 06/29/15 05:03 AM

I'm tempted to move the right sub around to smooth out that null (or try) and get a flatter response. But I don't know if that is possible. But hey, we can measure and see. This is just a temp setup afterall. To get that response the subs are run
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by Serenity_Now @ 06/29/15 04:56 AM

I'm baffled. It doesn't even seem to be new content he woke the thread up for.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: So how do you 'sub crawl' two units? by DrStrangeQuark @ 06/29/15 03:11 AM

Here's an endorsement of front corners from SVS. (As well as 1/3 in on front wall and centered on opposing walls). Also in the Q/A, an endorsement for corner absorption treatments in conjunction with front corner subs. Also a suggestion to avoid s
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P. Chris Squire by DrStrangeQuark @ 06/29/15 01:34 AM

Saw them play with Chris here in Texas back in college. Great show / great band. Best wishes to his loved ones.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P. Chris Squire by tomtuttle @ 06/29/15 01:19 AM

I've always been a big fan of bass players, and found Yes music in high school. It was fun, challenging and exciting. So Squire was a hero of mine for quite a long time. We had many good hours together. I remember discovering and being fascinated
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by exlabdriver @ 06/28/15 11:58 PM

D Rasco stated about 'The Beast' as he calls it: "The bass that the EP800 puts out is deep, rich, solid, very tight, impactful and unblemished." My sentiments as well. I have a pair of Refurbed EP800 V3s HG Rosewood in a 2450 cu ft room.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ 06/28/15 09:24 PM

For a quick update - I could no longer stare at the EP-800 sitting idle. It was fired up Friday night, and over the weekend, several movies were watched with both the Legacy's and the M100's, along with some additional listening to music. The addit
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ 06/28/15 09:20 PM

Fred - Blind listening tests are absolutely the way to go. It's funny when people are so adamantly opposed to them ... one often hears comments such as "I don't need a blind test to tell the difference." The response to this, of course, is
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by craigsub @ 06/28/15 09:14 PM

It is unfortunate, but AH forgot the most important aspect of being an asset to this hobby: This aspect is being objective. The moment one decides to like or dislike a company's products based on friendship or the opposite of friendship, is the mom
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts R.I.P. Chris Squire by BobKay @ 06/28/15 05:17 PM

See, Fred. I invoked their name, you dissed me, and now he's dead! Worst part is he died in PHX yesterday. I lived in AZ. No one wants to die in PHX! Wow! At least to a few of us dinos around here, he was one of the top bass players of the last 1/
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by exlabdriver @ 06/28/15 04:17 PM

Resurrected old, dead thread (2013): http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/whats-the-deal-with-axiom.84361/page-4 Why?? TAM
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by DrStrangeQuark @ 06/28/15 02:30 PM

Serenity -- Very nice. Thanks for the recommendation for the measurement app. I'd been wondering if anyone had advise on that front, actually.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who did ya see in concert last night? by Rock_Head @ 06/28/15 02:27 PM

How was the sound? Unfortunately I missed the Vancouver gig however a friend went and said the sound was way too loud for the venue.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Room tuning for beginners (like me) by Serenity_Now @ 06/28/15 12:14 PM

As some of you know getting your system to sound just right can be a pain in the butt. No bass, too much bass, echo, thin sounding and shrill, muddy, poopy diaper. etc. I'm hoping I can start a discussion that will let everyone ask questions and ch
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Recomendations for M80 power by oakvillematt @ 06/28/15 08:44 AM

I do not own an Integra that you have so I have no real experience. I have owned a Harmon that I managed to blow the power supply up on while under warranty but that was from a different cause. The receiver has only so much power. Ohms law says t
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Ordering Receiver Today -- Any Last Advice? by Serenity_Now @ 06/28/15 08:38 AM

Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Ordering Receiver Today -- Any Last Advice? by exlabdriver @ 06/27/15 11:09 PM

Serenity: Thanks for 'prodding' the testers over at HTS to try to come up with something definitive! In the end, it seems that there are such minute differences in the way that amps sound that it is hardly worth the huge effort it takes to undertak
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Recomendations for M80 power by Serenity_Now @ 06/27/15 09:33 PM

Lol. Good luck with the wife. Its not about avoiding Onkyo stuff, its avoiding high volumes on low power rated gear in general. Your power needs for your space sound fine. Congrats on the M80s!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Recomendations for M80 power by brendo @ 06/27/15 08:56 PM

Thank you Reading all these posts about avoid Onkyo stuff, is kinda hard to tell if they have enough power. my room is {4x4.6 meters} I like loud and the wife doesn't of course she wont let me play 60dbs with my current M22s. So I'm kinda dead when t
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Is ANYBODY streaming music through their AVR? by tomtuttle @ 06/27/15 08:41 PM

I've been looking at this a bit this week. It appears that the RaspyFi partners had a bit of a falling out and now there are two, similar projects - Volumio and RuneAudio. All of those guys seem to be pretty fixated on Fidelity, with quite a lot of a
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Recomendations for M80 power by fredk @ 06/27/15 06:26 PM

The Integra will do nicely unless you are listening loud in a very large room. The M80s don't really demand that much power. I once figured it out for my smaller room (3.6 x 7 metres) I would use about 60w to hit 110 db peaks and that was with 10db
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by fredk @ 06/27/15 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By BobKayGee, Fred, I think you and I are really pushing the boundaries of response times. Two major US Supreme Court rulings between our posts... But in before the Greek banking collapse. Its all good. Hey, I've lived this long,
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Recomendations for M80 power by brendo @ 06/27/15 04:35 PM

So just picked up the Boston cherry M80s in B stock. Couldn't stop drooling over here in YVR, they were there the last 2 weeks calling my name. The question is the same old Will my Integra DTR 30.4, Rebadged as a Teac professional { TASCAM PA-R200}
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: So how do you 'sub crawl' two units? by oakvillematt @ 06/27/15 04:25 PM

I never really thought of having the screen on the other wall. it's a bit late now to change as wires are already in the wall and drywall is going up. and from the other side The ceiling isn't quite as bad as I had said.. there are sect
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by BobKay @ 06/27/15 02:11 PM

Gee, Fred, I think you and I are really pushing the boundaries of response times. Two major US Supreme Court rulings between our posts. If it's the 15 bucks, just tell me. ;-) (Oh no he di'int!) Tom, if you are tiring of Nate's voice, do not, repeat
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.