AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Greg's pseudo-HT room
Who's Online
4 registered (Serenity_Now, theskins, Orca, onn), 54 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13355 Members
11 Forums
23041 Topics
407426 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17828
pmbuko 16307
SirQuack 13353
CV 11362
MarkSJohnson 11031
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Surround Recommendations - QS8, M2, M22?? by GJK @ 02/27/15 04:29 PM

Planning to pull the trigger on my four surround speakers for a dedicated basement theatre room running 7.2. I do NOT plan to run ceiling speakers for Atmos (or DTS:X, if they end up being required for that) because there was just not enough ceiling
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by nickbuol @ 02/27/15 04:24 PM

And with that, I will remain "mum" on the subject. Lips are sealed.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by Ian @ 02/27/15 04:14 PM

It is true Nick and your comments were correct; it needed to be more than just AirPlay and wow did that ever end up happening. We are nearing completion on our new wireless platform. I have a few more important things to clarify and then we will be
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by nickbuol @ 02/27/15 03:35 PM

Bluetooth.... Compressed audio... You know Axiom wouldn't "settle" for that...
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by michael_d @ 02/27/15 02:20 PM

The Oppo firmware is up to date. The AVR, not so much. I reckon that would be the first place to start. I use the Oppo players because they play well my Lumagen XS. I sent the XS the raw video output. I did a quick search at AVS, despite my earli
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by Socketman @ 02/27/15 02:06 PM

I would check for a firmware update.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by Socketman @ 02/27/15 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverI'm trying to picture you perched on your leaning toilet seat & it ain't pretty... TAM My biggest concern is falling through the floor. The 4" waste pipe has black tape around a leak .
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by Socketman @ 02/27/15 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: BobKayCool! You went with the guitars! Come on Bob you can critique better than that. I can take it honestly. I am a single guy with ZERO ability to decorate, cars computers etc is my forte . My whole house looks like an O
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by a401classic @ 02/27/15 01:57 PM

I hope not too much time. I'm taking a serious look at THESE for my office at work. The little Lepai 2020A I was using with 20 year old Cambridge Soundworks speakers died a while back (slow, noisy, painful death), so it's time to upgrade.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by BobKay @ 02/27/15 01:29 PM

Cool! You went with the guitars!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by exlabdriver @ 02/27/15 12:31 PM

I'm trying to picture you perched on your leaning toilet seat & it ain't pretty... TAM
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by exlabdriver @ 02/27/15 12:27 PM

My 3 year old inexpensive Sony BDR has performed flawlessly over its life so far. It is 1/6 the cost of the OPPO & it is doubtful that anyone could hear or see much, if any, difference in the sound or picture. Plays SACDs beautifully as well.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by BlueJays1 @ 02/27/15 12:17 PM

Try setting Secondary Audio to OFF in the OPPO if it is ON.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by casey01 @ 02/27/15 11:49 AM

Over the years, I have had a series of Oppo players up to and including my current BDP105 and never experienced such issues with any of them. I would suggest, however, from my own experience, rather than surfing the net for possible solutions to an
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by CatBrat @ 02/27/15 11:19 AM

I have an OPPO BDP-103D and have the occasional audio dropout where I have to hit the chapter back button to fix it. Or, if I pause it for a several minutes, it takes it a while to get started again in jerky motions. You would think as much as these
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by michael_d @ 02/27/15 11:08 AM

I have an Oppo BDP-93 and I use a Dennon 4311 for a pre-amp. 9.2 PLZ set up. So far, every BR disk we have watched had some sort of audio issue. Either complete momentary drop outs, clicks, or other oddities. I just don't have the patience to sur
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: In wall wiring by michael_d @ 02/27/15 10:58 AM

When I built my home, I ran comm and audio cables everywhere. The plan at the time, was to have a "whole home audio" system. Well anyway, I did a lot of research on this, cause it's a log house, and there's no fixin' it later option availab
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by Socketman @ 02/27/15 10:29 AM

Yeah they are hung a bit crooked but they still work. I don't own a level and this whole house is crooked, even the toilet leans to the right. The material came from Fabric.com in the US and the quality is excellent and cost half what I would have
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by TroyD @ 02/27/15 09:40 AM

Oh Crap let me re-word this mess , to a nicer mess .... I never caught that but, it was on Canuck Audio I saw it too ... It looks in good shape though and said hardly used and he just bought it as a substitute until the Brystons arrive. Speaker of wh
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by nickbuol @ 02/27/15 08:37 AM

I am sorry. These delays, as I was told by Andrew and then Ian earlier this week when I was at Axiom, was that they blame my post near the beginning of this thread, for why it is taking so long. More will be revealed in time...
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by Serenity_Now @ 02/27/15 04:42 AM

Nice work! They turned out nice. Not sure about their gayness but they dont appear to be hung very straight. . (Had to squeeze a joke on somehow.)
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by jmone @ 02/27/15 02:04 AM

Sneak Peak of an early version of the "Axiom Airplay Speaker"! Thanks Nathan PS - not really but something while we wait
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Fabric for room treatment by Socketman @ 02/26/15 10:57 PM

Here is my process for my room treatment panels I made these frames from 1x2 fir and made small corner braces to hold the Roxul in place. Next I laid the fabric face down on the kitchen table so it was square and flat I then laid the frame on
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by TroyD @ 02/26/15 09:26 PM

yes, I never caught that but it was on Canuck Audio ... looks in good shape though. my HK it is OK I got it to stop me from buying more speakers but just picked up a Marantz. I am looking at getting a Anthem MRX someday I liked the dual sub out puts
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 02/26/15 09:23 PM

Yeah, it is about 1700sqft finished, but when you add about 7 or 8 additional walls besides just the outside to make rooms, and add double layer drywall in the home theater, it uses more. But, very good in your estimate.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.