AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
4 registered (MarkSJohnson, DrStrangeQuark, Socketman, CV), 36 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13364 Members
11 Forums
23098 Topics
408402 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17858
pmbuko 16323
SirQuack 13356
CV 11401
MarkSJohnson 11073
Meanwhile On Facebook

For all of you music lovers and studio geeks, this is absolutely amazing! https...

Monday morning grin! (y)

Time to hang up our skis . . . and rock our M22-in-walls while we wait for the m...

󾠔 It's the end of a long, long era at Axiom today. Brent Tombari is retiring fr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by Socketman @ Yesterday at 03:55 PM

Skins You and Craigsub make very good points and I fully agree. For some of us it not even about Axiom its about the attitude and the willingness of certain individuals to come running any time the word Axiom is used in a forum to spread hate . I ge
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by theskins @ Yesterday at 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverI only started posting elsewhere a couple of years ago because over time I could not stomach the unadulterated BS that had been continually spewed out by a few for several years. Because they were mostly never challe
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 02:23 PM

I only started posting elsewhere a couple of years ago because over time I could not stomach the unadulterated BS that had been continually spewed out by a few for several years. Because they were mostly never challenged by anyone, questionable 'opi
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 02:19 PM

yea.. those apple mowers are ultra thin and light and look really sexy, but too over priced for what they are. ROTFL
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by Ken.C @ Yesterday at 02:12 PM

Hobbies are only to be discussed on these boards. No other boards are required.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy National Record Store Day! by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 01:28 PM

BobK usually posts this on this day, but he's probably at a record store telling people what to buy.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Fred, who said that you were allowed to have other hobbies?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 01:26 PM

Whatever you do, don't get an Apple iMower. They suck. I have a Toro that I like a lot. Watch your email!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

There are lots of manufacturers using Honda motors - my 2 year old Troy Built has one; however, I understand that there are 2 grades of Honda motors. The Honda brand name mowers get the top grade version hence the higher price. My Honda starter pu
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by Ken.C @ Yesterday at 12:38 PM

I'm looking at a bottom of the line Honda from HD right now: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Honda-21-in-3...43?N=5yc1vZc5ap I didn't realize you could get them for $400. It's not as light as I would like, but the push version of it (20 lbs lighter, no b
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by nickbuol @ Yesterday at 12:36 PM

A few years back I went for a very highly rated John Deere. I like everything about it EXCEPT that it is front wheel drive. Seems so dumb, but so many push mowers are front wheel drive these days, so I thought "must be OK." I hate it. A
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts laaawnmower by Ken.C @ Yesterday at 11:29 AM

So I managed to bend the crankshaft (probably) on my 3yo Craftsman with a Briggs & Stratton engine. It seems that engine replacement cost is probably prohibitive, so I'm in the market for a new mower. I know Honda is the sheeit, but I don't wan
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by fredk @ Yesterday at 11:02 AM

Craig. I strongly agree with your assessment of forums and participation. I see the same thing for other hobbies I participate in. Personally I think it is in large part poor forum management.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Happy National Record Store Day! by LT61 @ Yesterday at 10:57 AM

It's true...today is the day for finding that vinyl you have been looking for. There are "indi" record shops popping up, as well as many sources for new release LP albums, to help "Stay in the grove". I wanted to post this so my f
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by craigsub @ Yesterday at 10:30 AM

BBIBH - I stopped bothering with AVS in 2011, and the only time I even see a thread there is through a link as provided by exlabdriver. I tend to agree with you about arguing with "opinions" as made, but when people post "facts"
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by BBIBH @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

I still cannot be bothered to engage with anyone (on this site, or any other) that wants to argue. Why waste the energy? I remember the old saying "never wrestle with a pig, only the pig will enjoy it, you both will get dirty and nobody will be
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ Yesterday at 08:34 AM

Hey Troy I will be leaving the vp150 hooked up to speaker switch for a couple of more weeks if you want to get together on a Saturday or Sunday to demo both the 150 and 180. Lmk Cheers
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ Yesterday at 08:26 AM

That's for I was hoping for when I order the 180.....different rooms,different ears...I guess?it is a better speaker, no doubt. It is only subtle in my case....I am planning on trying port plugs and see if if makes a difference, also the 180 v4 is a
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Wow! New axiom owner here! have some questions by a401classic @ Yesterday at 07:38 AM

You got a great deal on those speakers - less than half price! I was eyeing them as well. The Dayton APA-150 looks an awful lot like the old Emotiva BPA-1 amp with the same ratings and was well liked back in the day. Review Looks like the APA-
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 07:03 AM

its not that SSD have not hit the main stream yet, it's that the vendors know that SSD is a hot wanted item and a cash cow in their eyes.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by fredk @ 04/17/15 11:26 PM

Last time I checked (6 months ago) you still paid a silly premium to buy a laptop with an SSD installed. At some point that will change, but SSDs don't seem to have hit the mainstream yet.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by Ken.C @ 04/17/15 10:43 PM

That is, if you feel like installing your own SSD in the laptop. If you do, get a Samsung 850 EVO or Pro. There are subtle differences, and the Pro will last longer. But you'll pay a premium for that. If you don't feel like installing your own SSD,
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by nickbuol @ 04/17/15 09:36 PM

I go to AVS only for DIY theater build threads, acoustical treatment information, and the custom printed acoustical panel thread. I stay clear of the rest because someone, as mentioned before, always has an agenda.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by craigsub @ 04/17/15 09:26 PM

Pre-amps, Receivers, Processors, power amps ... etc ... "usually" have less fighting than speakers and subwoofers. The exception to this is if you start a thread about the audible differences between Pre-amps, Receivers, Power amps ... etc
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by Socketman @ 04/17/15 09:16 PM

There is a thread for the new Emotiva XMC-1 on AVScience and the guys there are pretty good but the speaker forum has some really winners in it.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.