Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,379 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,200 Topics
410,753 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17924
pmbuko 16349
SirQuack 13357
CV 11464
MarkSJohnson 11187
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by chesseroo @ 08/01/15 02:37 PM

So the upcoming bbq menu is as follows: Saturday Grilled chicken breasts with creamy smoked harvarti on fresh homemade buns baked on the Big Green Egg! Grilled Halloumi cheese Sunday: The Ribs 2-2-1 tryout Buttered shrimp on skewers with a smoked
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Da big smoke! by chesseroo @ 08/01/15 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By Wid It is not bacteria on the probe but bacteria on the surface of the meat that is being pushed into the meat. Read through the BBQ forums and you we see reference to it. I prefer to look at science resources for informati
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by SqBobGodPants @ 08/01/15 02:18 PM

I'm sure they'll be too polite to mention it---the table, the shame, or the awesomeness.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Ken.C @ 08/01/15 02:05 PM

SSSSSHHH. Don't mention iTunes. It will make people aaaaangry.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by brendo @ 08/01/15 01:41 PM

You should try as long as the air has one of the inputs eg. Optical or digital Vtuner.com is free I even have it on my ITunes I'm hooked on a station called size radio it's hiphop but it plays all the classics they stole the beats from. From classic
Home Theater
Thanks Nick, I agree with your thoughts, lets just hope it becomes the normal resolution and doesn't just end up as 3D has gone. To short lived.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Da big smoke! by Wid @ 08/01/15 01:07 PM

Quote:Nonsense. Unless you have a horribly unclean probe with pork blood on it a few days old and ripe, and even then... It is not bacteria on the probe but bacteria on the surface of the meat that is being pushed into the meat. Read through the
Home Theater
Originally Posted By brendoBy the time you calibrate it UHD is just a lot brighter. Unless its a projector size the 4k UHD details are slightly sharper and brighter. This may be the case now, but there seems to be a big enough push from the movie s
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Da big smoke! by chesseroo @ 08/01/15 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By Wid I got the PID controller in a week or so ago and had a chance to use it a couple of times. First time out the smoker temps were all over the place. It was +/-30 degree or better. It was driving me nuts wondering what was goi
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by chesseroo @ 08/01/15 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By BobGodPantsI hope your friends aren't too upset with you for inviting them to a BBQ w/ an edge-bandless table. I'd be too mortified. Boy, it's become a shameless world. Oh, look, you just signed on! Perfect. Have a fun day with
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: My Rotel RB-1080 lest channel died by michael_d @ 08/01/15 10:52 AM

Not yet, no... Taking advantage of an unusual stretch of sunny days here. I just bypassed the 1080 and am using the Denon 3808 for double duty now.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by SqBobGodPants @ 08/01/15 10:39 AM

I hope your friends aren't too upset with you for inviting them to a BBQ w/ an edge-bandless table. I'd be too mortified. Boy, it's become a shameless world. Oh, look, you just signed on! Perfect. Have a fun day with your friends.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Da big smoke! by chesseroo @ 08/01/15 10:37 AM

Originally Posted By Wid I never cook at real low temps, for me it's 240 or 250 for most things except poultry. The lowest i've tried was 215F but it just takes too long to cook. 225F is my bottom now but 250F is usually my target as well. Quote: I
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: My Rotel RB-1080 lest channel died by Wid @ 07/31/15 10:41 PM

Any news Mike?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Da big smoke! by Wid @ 07/31/15 10:35 PM

I got the PID controller in a week or so ago and had a chance to use it a couple of times. First time out the smoker temps were all over the place. It was +/-30 degree or better. It was driving me nuts wondering what was going wrong. Needless to sa
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Da big smoke! by Wid @ 07/31/15 10:15 PM

I never cook at real low temps, for me it's 240 or 250 for most things except poultry. I never use a meat probe and really don't find it all the necessary. After a while you get a pretty good idea when things are getting done by feel or just using
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Mojo @ 07/31/15 10:08 PM

That's what I thought as well. Axiom did say they were way ahead of schedule though. Maybe my 8" sub is almost ready too :-).
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by MarkSJohnson @ 07/31/15 09:57 PM

Mojo, I got the email but haven't done anything with it since we have company for a long weekend. I thought the A^A wasn't shipping till October or so?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by chesseroo @ 07/31/15 09:32 PM

Setting up for a bbq with friends on Sunday. Plan on opening some "old" wines. I think actually have a 2003 riesling in the cellar; a BC wine. Shouldn't have kept it so long, so we'll be using the proper tasting method of first inspecting t
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by chesseroo @ 07/31/15 09:30 PM

Another Argeninian delight tonight. Inexpensive and well worth the cost.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Da big smoke! by chesseroo @ 07/31/15 09:28 PM

A 4lb pork shoulder (or Boston butt) at 250F should be about a 8h cook. We've done 6-7lbs and they finished before 10h. The temperature probe is key. I take mine off at 195F and it usually climbs to no more than 200F while resting. The equivalent 7lb
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Mojo @ 07/31/15 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By brendoIsn't the AIR supposed to play any file on your network, regardless of type. Though you guy should checkout vtuner.com the files are great it's an Internet tuner with access to thousands of stations. My A.V.R.s use it and I
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Mojo @ 07/31/15 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By MarkSJohnsonThanks....thank a lot! Mark, the Axiom Air is shipping in 3 days. At least that's what it said when I configured my order. I hope I don't get a box full of parts and DIY instructions :-)
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by brendo @ 07/31/15 05:12 PM

Isn't the AIR supposed to play any file on your network, regardless of type. Though you guy should checkout vtuner.com the files are great it's an Internet tuner with access to thousands of stations. My A.V.R.s use it and I haven't heard a really bad
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by MarkSJohnson @ 07/31/15 04:50 PM

Thanks....thank a lot!
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.