Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 55 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,380 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,218 Topics
411,162 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17932
pmbuko 16357
SirQuack 13357
CV 11473
MarkSJohnson 11198
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by oakvillematt @ 08/25/15 06:51 AM

But think of all the free healthcare that you can get..
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: beer thread by oakvillematt @ 08/25/15 06:48 AM

You need to try some delirium-tremens beer
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Emotiva by Socketman @ 08/25/15 02:34 AM

I received an email from Emotiva today notifying me that they now have a repair center here in Canada. It is located in Calgary Alta for anyone who might have been interested in purchasing an Emotiva product but were hesitant due to a possible warran
The Water Cooler
No issues here yet, either.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: beer thread by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 08/24/15 09:58 PM

You want to get drunk?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting close HT listening room by 7800 @ 08/24/15 07:49 PM

How did you know I had plasma? LOL Thanks
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by newf @ 08/24/15 07:14 PM

yup.13% now, raises to 15% Jan 2016. I'm predicting many Newfoundlanders not buying much in 2016.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting close HT listening room by Serenity_Now @ 08/24/15 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By 7800What I'm planning for my room is to have the TV wall mounted with the stand mounted center speaker beneath it and forward. The stand mount will allow me to bring the center into the room and have the drivers on the same plane
Stereo
Those Sansuis...my buddy has them and I listen to them every time I go over there. He also has Nuance, Bose, Polk and the new Pioneer bookshelves by Andrew Jones. His Pioneers (see link below), blow those Sansuis away in every respect. The standard
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Sound Quality (Price not important): M60/80 vs... by DigitalGrit @ 08/24/15 03:20 PM

Besides the carpet and drapes the wife won't allow any specific room treatments on walls... So... Might have to be the standard M60s with the two channel system anyways. Shame. I wanted a really nice set of speakers to run full out with my vintage
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Mojo @ 08/24/15 03:16 PM

You're going to have to pay 15% PST and GST on top of that come 2016????
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Sound Quality (Price not important): M60/80 vs... by DigitalGrit @ 08/24/15 02:27 PM

I have access to a subwoofer for my theatre system (in the same room), but I am likely running this system as a strict two channel with my vintage amps. I'm thinking I don't want to add an extra sub to the mix, so am wondering if I should spend the
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by newf @ 08/24/15 01:45 PM

It is quite a bit of difference from the kickstarter price for me. Add 13% tax too. So what was just over 600 CDN total originally, keep in mind free wood upgrade too. Now it is ~820 with my tax. I can't justify that. Then the battery kickstarter dea
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Windows 10, should I click the button yet? by BlueJays1 @ 08/24/15 12:21 PM

I haven't had a single problem going from 8.1 to 10. The only thing I had to do was update the driver of my ethernet adapter for Windows 10 on the Asus website.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by MarkSJohnson @ 08/24/15 11:50 AM

Isn't there still a pre-order discount going on? I don't think it was substantially different than the crowd-source discount.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Windows 10, should I click the button yet? by fredk @ 08/24/15 11:50 AM

Thought I'd post here while I'm waiting for my third download of Win10 to complete. My son has been having more and more bluescreen and other OS failures over the last month. We finally ran checkdisk to verify there were no hard drive issues and di
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by BlueJays1 @ 08/24/15 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By oakvillemattI have run all my speaker wires in wall with a 5way binding post face plate beside the speaker and pre/power amp location. In the past I have used banana plugs (from whatever source) as it's easer to plug in and keep
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Mojo @ 08/24/15 10:10 AM

Call Axiom. They don't want to see friends of audio in pain. They may be able to help.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by newf @ 08/24/15 10:07 AM

Really regretting not getting this now. Been fighting with BT speaker all summer and I'm ready to toss it as far as I can throw it. BT should have never been a wireles for audio. To @#$@#$ fussy. Hopefully the AxiomAir is more stable.
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: A six month long test of an Axiom Tower vs. ??? by craigsub @ 08/24/15 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By 2x6spdsWhat did you say BapchaMan? I couldn't quite hear you. Good point! My ears are not getting any younger or better. Tam! My little SET is a KT88/12Ax7 amp. Very sweet! I've been listening to the M100s. Wasn't loving the so
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting close HT listening room by 7800 @ 08/24/15 07:24 AM

What I'm planning for my room is to have the TV wall mounted with the stand mounted center speaker beneath it and forward. The stand mount will allow me to bring the center into the room and have the drivers on the same plane as my LFR's. I want to h
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Getting close HT listening room by Serenity_Now @ 08/24/15 04:54 AM

5' to center of box is standard roughin height for a tv power/data location. Mount usually goes immediately beneath that.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: banana plug preferance by Serenity_Now @ 08/24/15 04:49 AM

Sewell deadbolts. Cheap and great. A tight/permanent grip on the wire and a tight fit into the jack is all that matters. I also have fancy locking plugs from bluejeans. Not worth the extra money. Same performance as any other.
Hearing Things
What did you say BapchaMan? I couldn't quite hear you. Good point! My ears are not getting any younger or better. Tam! My little SET is a KT88/12Ax7 amp. Very sweet! I've been listening to the M100s. Wasn't loving the sound quality from a Sony CX90
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts banana plug preferance by oakvillematt @ 08/23/15 10:09 PM

I have run all my speaker wires in wall with a 5way binding post face plate beside the speaker and pre/power amp location. In the past I have used banana plugs (from whatever source) as it's easer to plug in and keeps out all the fray wires that ine
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.