Wall'O'Fame
Axiom Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 Cinema
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Who's Online
0 registered (), 83 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,464 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,350 Topics
413,764 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17995
pmbuko 16400
SirQuack 13360
CV 11548
MarkSJohnson 11299
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v408tB3s8o
Home Theater
Had point that model out in my previous post... I really like it alot and it's got my fingers twitching a whole bunch from a few days now ...
Home Theater
Right, ARC is one of the main reasons I wanted to hear their product. So many people talk about the loss of Audyssey with some of the current generation receivers and processors, and while some companies have improved their own room analysis a bit (
Home Theater
what I really like about anthem is the ARC see the video.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=41XjrGgZCNI
Home Theater
Yeah, I waited for a demo at the Anthem booth at CEDIA, and due to their lack of organization (OK, it was really the lady there who was more interested in chatting with some people she knew about where they should go for dinner than actually working
Home Theater
for decent power & features/options it always alot of $$$$ if I was to go the separates way.. this would definitively be on the top 5 short list... http://www.anthemav.com/products-current/type=av-processor/model=avm-60/page=overview this is a
Home Theater
Both are really nice and have been a popular choice for the people at AVS who participate in the Atmos topic. I am still hoping that the next round will yield a full 11.1 amplified system (no need for an external amp) that does Atmos and gen2 DTS:X
Home Theater
So far from what seen the best overall atmos/dts-x packaged avr receiver taken into account the price, room correction, features & options.. in my opinion is the Denon X7200wa or the Marantz SR7010
Home Theater
Preaching to the choir... Go back and find my posts here about Atmos. I actually know more about it than most, even though I don't have it installed yet. Ha! With that said, I will say this. With a 7.1 system (there is no such thing as a 7.2, 7.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Songs covered in different styles by medic8r @ 02/10/16 08:17 AM

This is not that different a style - going from low-fi pop/rock to a slow piano man vibe, but I really (REALLY REALLY OBSESSED REALLY) like both versions of “Archie, Marry Me”. The original, by Alvvays: video Turned into a Death Cab for Cutie slow
Home Theater
I was reading about dipoles in a sound & vision artical .... this is quoted from that artical; Dipoles have NEVER been the right speakers for surround sound systems with 5.1 or 7.1 discrete channels except for ONE case... If your room is on t
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Thump thump ep600 by mastaplaya @ 02/09/16 10:33 PM

I'm going to try the surge protector idea out and see if that cures the problem. I have tried unplugging it in the past but the problem persists. Very weird problem I have a power conditioner/surge protector on all of my equipment in the rack but not
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Thump thump ep600 by MarkSJohnson @ 02/09/16 05:38 PM

Masta, unplug it for a few hours to let it "reset". See if that helps, as it has with others.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Thump thump ep600 by nickbuol @ 02/09/16 03:57 PM

I has something really odd with my SVS that happened years ago. Randomly, and after months of not having any issues, it would randomly go into what I am calling "full power, deep bass" mode. Completely random and freaked us out even when
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Thump thump ep600 by mastaplaya @ 02/09/16 03:30 PM

Any idea why an ep600 would randomly start making a thump thump noise when all sources are turned off to it but power is still turned on to it's amp? Really annoying at 3AM. It functions normally otherwise.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Rock & Roll Star Fantasy Bands by BobKay @ 02/09/16 01:24 PM

Fred, when it comes to other old men's opinions (60 this year, right?), you know I count yours among the highest. Same for Chris, but in the Middle-Aged category. That Chris really knows his stuff.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Rock & Roll Star Fantasy Bands by fredk @ 02/08/16 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By BobKay... All of this was dictated to me by Fred. Good job. And here I was, all worried you'd screw it all up.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Songs covered in different styles by TheGayBobKay @ 02/08/16 08:23 PM

HEHEHE
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Songs covered in different styles by Serenity_Now @ 02/08/16 06:30 PM

Lol. Hilariously far Cam. Too far? Who knows for sure.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Rock & Roll Star Fantasy Bands by Lampshade @ 02/08/16 06:30 PM

A crazy painter/musician told me this one time while we were picking up a light fixture in Dorchester; The Who is the greatest pure (sic) rock band. Led Zep and others leaned very bluesy.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Rock & Roll Star Death Pool by BobKay @ 02/08/16 06:01 PM

Dan Hicks (Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks), at 74. I was such a fan of the 2 women singers, especially Naomi Ruth Eisenberg! I should Google her. Boy, we're not scoring here at all, at all.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking some amp advice for m80s by BobKay @ 02/08/16 05:56 PM

You should reconsider. I hear that oboe players get a lot of action these days.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Songs covered in different styles by BobKay @ 02/08/16 05:48 PM

I know you like to live dangerously, Cam, but remember that hell hath no fury like a queen scorned. I may be an impatient guy at some things, but I can wait yeeeeeaaaaaars for just the right moment to bite your ass off, chair leather, metal tubing an
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Rock & Roll Star Fantasy Bands by BobKay @ 02/08/16 05:38 PM

L-O-V-E Zep, have everything and still listen, but The Who blew our minds more regularly than did Led Zeppelin. The Who put on a better show (in the early 70's) than Zep. Townsend is a better writer than the Zep pair. Oddly, part of the great show
Home Theater
Oh, I know that they can customize it. I visited the Axiom shop in person almost exactly 1 year ago. GREAT experience. We talked about "un-skinned" on-wall M3s so that I could paint them to match the ceiling (I believe that this is a sta
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.