AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13364 Members
11 Forums
23096 Topics
408348 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17857
pmbuko 16323
SirQuack 13356
CV 11399
MarkSJohnson 11072
Meanwhile On Facebook

For all of you music lovers and studio geeks, this is absolutely amazing! https...

Monday morning grin! (y)

Time to hang up our skis . . . and rock our M22-in-walls while we wait for the m...

󾠔 It's the end of a long, long era at Axiom today. Brent Tombari is retiring fr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 04/13/15 07:33 PM

Well, dont feel too bad. I shouldnt be too much longer now. A few weeks till the space is finished, then into the nitty gritty setup details. That could take a while..... I'll have to reign in the tweak OCD to hurry things along. thinking it
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by exlabdriver @ 04/13/15 06:41 PM

I have a pair of V4 M22s (in HG Rosewood) that are on the FMS-16 stands. Unfortunately, I really don't know how they sound without my subs because in my HT, I just don't use them any other way. They sure blend nicely with the EP-800s though. I thi
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by oakvillematt @ 04/13/15 05:47 PM

It is the fun side to hifi audio. The speakers that I have sound great. but you simply don't know if they could sound better until you go out and try something else to have a point of reference to compare to. In my case, I have C3's that sound pret
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: New Camera by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 04/13/15 03:48 PM

Well, I had to get a different support for my camera because the Manfrotto tripods couldn't hold up. I also scratched the tablet viewfinder idea because the camera only operates in auto mode (the camera is completely locked out), and I've learnt how
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by exlabdriver @ 04/13/15 02:30 PM

I believe that you are finding the same thing that I found when auditioning many different brands of modern, decent speakers a while ago - they were all 'similarly good' within their price point & class. They all sounded fine, although each had
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by newf @ 04/13/15 12:06 PM

My M22 on walls can not hold a candle to the bookshelf M3's. Imaging, bass, volume, it is not even close. I was actually hoping to try some m3 on walls myself for surrounds. I have M2 on walls in a smaller room for surrounds and they are excellent
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by CatBrat @ 04/13/15 11:11 AM

If I ever get another laptop, I'll get a cheap one.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by CatBrat @ 04/13/15 11:10 AM

I've used both the wall mount M22 and the bookshelf M22. I much, much, much, much prefer the boxy speaker sound.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Samsung or LG TV? Which is better? by CatBrat @ 04/13/15 11:07 AM

I think those charts are over-rated and not very accurate.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by CatBrat @ 04/13/15 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By: brendoYou guys should check out a new movie call Song of the sea. Got it for my kids last night, It's an Irish folk tale released on {G kids, Universal}Blue ray etc. The whole movie keeps playing a folksong most will know of or
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by EFalardeau @ 04/13/15 08:03 AM

I have both M3 in-wall, M2 on-wall and M22 on-wall (and some M2s and M22s regulars) for the non-Home-Theater rooms. I did not notice much (if any) difference between M22 on-wall and regular. Because of look and integration, the on-walls is now my fa
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by oakvillematt @ 04/13/15 07:40 AM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanOne other thing that's worth mentioning is that Energy C-3's are pretty nice speakers, and IIRC used to be almost 2x the price of M3's back when they were selling against each other... EDIT -- just saw your comment abo
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by fredk @ 04/13/15 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now... Did you ever get your dust situation cleaned up Fred? Nudge nudge for pics. Drywall and mud dust are notoriously bad for travelling everywhere. Should anyone encounter such a task, be sure to plug the vents
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: 4k question by brendo @ 04/12/15 11:31 PM

The in store models of 4kUHD have really bright detailed pictures around 900 for a 40 inch.(Samsung)
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by bridgman @ 04/12/15 10:34 PM

BTW if my post sounds a bit defensive that wasn't my intention -- I was just trying to make it clear that the C-3's you're using as a reference were both fairly expensive and quite well regarded at the time. I have never heard M22's (bookshelf, in-
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by bridgman @ 04/12/15 07:44 PM

Same question turned around -- do you have the M3 in-walls actually mounted in the wall ? Not sure if they're sealed or open at the back so this might be a non-issue. One other thing that's worth mentioning is that Energy C-3's are pretty nice spea
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Center channel or surrounds by minorc @ 04/12/15 07:34 PM

I don't watch TV with the lights on anyways, so as much as I dislike the pot lights, they have to stay. I can pull the speakers away from the wall, they'e about 5-6 inches away currently. I bought black out curtains today, so now i'm on the hunt for
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by oakvillematt @ 04/12/15 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttleMatt, when you are comparing the C3, how are you positioning them? Unless you are also hanging them on the wall, you can't dismiss room interactions as contributing to the perceived differences. The C3 doesn't hang on
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by tomtuttle @ 04/12/15 07:09 PM

Matt, when you are comparing the C3, how are you positioning them? Unless you are also hanging them on the wall, you can't dismiss room interactions as contributing to the perceived differences.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 04/12/15 07:08 PM

We lucked out and scored an old exterior door from someone elses home reno to use on our furnace room. I dont know how old it is but it uses a skeleton key lock wich is kinda cool. So, after seeing it installed and the way the light shines from behi
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 04/12/15 06:58 PM

Nother weeks worth in the books. The remaining doors are hung, entire base,ent is primed and the horrifying floor mess has been scraped, scrubbed and wet vac'd. No longer tracking dust through the house. Did you ever get your dust situation cle
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Underwhelmed by the M3 on-wall speakers by nickbuol @ 04/12/15 05:49 PM

Hmmm. I think that my on-wall M3s sound better than the highly praised (even by me) QS8s for surround duty. I get nice and fairly deep extension in the audio range compared to the QS8s as well, and they "aren't to shabby." Just seems a
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: 4k question by nickbuol @ 04/12/15 05:35 PM

Our Dish DVR shows that we can watch some streaming movies in 4K, but like the YouTube and Netflix, streaming is still not as good as a downloaded digital version or a media based option for 1080p HD, so in 4K it probably isn't that great on a monste
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Celebrate Good Times by nickbuol @ 04/12/15 05:29 PM

So as quickly as it came, it went away... The client office that we were supporting in Toronto that we started at on January 5th of this year just stopped needing our support this past Friday. Just barely over 3 months worth of support. The client
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: 4k question by CV @ 04/12/15 03:19 PM

Sony also has a 4K video service. But I'll be waiting for the new UHD Blu-rays to start coming out before even looking at getting into 4K.
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.