AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Greg's pseudo-HT room
Who's Online
5 registered (Orca, bridgman, solarrdadd, michael_d, JBG), 57 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13355 Members
11 Forums
23040 Topics
407388 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17828
pmbuko 16307
SirQuack 13353
CV 11362
MarkSJohnson 11030
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anything to do around Huntsville, ON, Canada? by Socketman @ 02/24/15 08:51 PM

Did you make it to Dwight
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Right here Right now ... new Denon HT amp by Serenity_Now @ 02/24/15 08:06 PM

The immersive titles are not premium priced. Just bought John Wick. Same price as any other new release bluray (which is still pricey I guess.). I just hope it doesnt take 2-3 years for the formats to trickle up to non mainstream AVRs. Higher end
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Right here Right now ... new Denon HT amp by oakvillematt @ 02/24/15 07:30 PM

I am more curious on the distribution side to see how it is adopted. The nail in the coffin will be if they try to ultra premium it on the movie side and charge outragous prices for the films with it. Like the premium paid for a 3d film, or worse,
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anything to do around Huntsville, ON, Canada? by oakvillematt @ 02/24/15 07:22 PM

I remember when huntsville became a "city".. they got their first traffic light. Wow, those were the good old days.
The Water Cooler
Deerhurst should have something going on, can be expensive though.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: sub woofer placement by blatisi @ 02/24/15 04:28 PM

I cannot thank you all enough. Placing the driver parallel with the wall and having it fire into the corner of the room was the sweat spot. THX again... now if I can figure a way to keep the pictures from falling of the walls:)
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anything to do around Huntsville, ON, Canada? by MarkSJohnson @ 02/24/15 02:04 PM

I hung out with Axiom forum folk while there. You just have to see if all of us are willing to drop everything and meet you!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Anything to do around Huntsville, ON, Canada? by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ 02/24/15 01:29 PM

Visit me . I'm only a 2 1/2 hour drive away. Here's local attractions in Huntsville.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by tomtuttle @ 02/24/15 12:32 PM

NICK! Have a great time! Matt, research used by Axiom and others has established that "most people" prefer speakers that have a relatively neutral (flat) frequency response. AND I'm definitely not a scientist. Graphs are boring, I'm in
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Anything to do around Huntsville, ON, Canada? by nickbuol @ 02/24/15 12:30 PM

I am sitting here at a Harvey's grabbing an Angus burger and fried pickle spears, wondering what might be around this area? I might just drive east on ON-60 for about 20 minutes to see what I find...
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: sub woofer placement by CatBrat @ 02/24/15 12:23 PM

I was going to put my sub (EP175 at the time), front and center under the TV. Seems logical. But after doing the sub crawl, the best location ended up being near either the left or right side wall, about 4 feet back. Since then, I've placed an EP350
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by CatBrat @ 02/24/15 12:08 PM

I'm not sure if this is comb filtering, but I ran a test once with the on-wall M22 (mounted on the wall) vs the Bookshelf M22 (mounted on the stands designed for them). I had a sound abnormality with the on-wall, but not with the bookshelf. I played
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: sub woofer placement by blatisi @ 02/24/15 12:04 PM

Thank you guys. I like that crawl method. Never even thought of that! I have already checked all the settings and phase. But I kept getting tired of moving the EP500 around, so the crawl method looks like the way to go.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: use AMP or AV receiver to run axiom speakers by CatBrat @ 02/24/15 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverIn order to get the best bass into my system with my M22s, I kept my Denon & acquired a pair of EP800s, ha! TAM Ha. That ought to help.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: use AMP or AV receiver to run axiom speakers by CatBrat @ 02/24/15 11:54 AM

Yes. The tweaking included turning it off. But that makes it sound even worse. Here are the models used: 1st Pioneer VSX-21THX (2009) Denon AVR-3312CI (2011) 2nd Pioneer SC-67 (2013)
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: sub woofer placement by casey01 @ 02/24/15 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: blatisiI have gotten the EP500V4 connected and working. The issue is that in my room it sounds very weak and shallow. Where does everyone else place the sub woofers? I am suspecting that I need to corner load the sub. So po
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: sub woofer placement by MarkSJohnson @ 02/24/15 07:53 AM

Blatsi- First, make sure that your settings are correct on your receiver for Bass Management and on the subwoofer itself...i.e., the crossover filter isn't engaging. As far as placement goes, try the Subwoofer Crawl. Something is wrong somewhere; t
Home Theater
Jump to new posts sub woofer placement by blatisi @ 02/24/15 07:26 AM

I have gotten the EP500V4 connected and working. The issue is that in my room it sounds very weak and shallow. Where does everyone else place the sub woofers? I am suspecting that I need to corner load the sub. So point it at a wall or actually
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Designing The Axiom Airplay Speaker by jmone @ 02/24/15 02:06 AM

I've now purchased by 3rd Pio Wireless Speaker..... How is it going?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts What happened to the LFR DSP updates? by oakvillematt @ 02/23/15 10:49 PM

I remember reading a review last year on a set of LFR speakers where the reviewer talked about a selection dial on the back of the DSP where you could set the room boarder parameters from 1 to 5. I has just purchased a new set of LFR1100's weeks e
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by oakvillematt @ 02/23/15 10:44 PM

And I thought that speakers were more of a subjective thing, much like music itself. You find what you like and though it may be different from everyone else, it's right for you.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 02/23/15 08:13 PM

Geez Fred. Way to rub it in. Material and installer lined up. Should be insulated and boarded within a week or so. Fingers crossed the weather holds out for deliveries.....
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by nickbuol @ 02/23/15 06:46 PM

I am heading to Axiom tomorrow and I will look for those combs and filters and make sure that they are behaving. Hopefully we don't get much snow. I hear that the drive from Toronto is long enough on clear roads.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: use AMP or AV receiver to run axiom speakers by Serenity_Now @ 02/23/15 04:18 PM

how old was the pioneer? have hi def formats/HDMI?
Advice from Axiom Owners
Originally Posted By: CatBratI attribute the difference to MCCAC vs Audyssey and how it works with the M22 speakers. I don't remember, but did your tweaking include disabling Audyssey?
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.