AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
2 registered (brendo, Rock_Head), 48 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,375 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,181 Topics
410,087 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17901
pmbuko 16341
SirQuack 13357
CV 11459
MarkSJohnson 11158
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Is ANYBODY streaming music through their AVR? by oakvillematt @ 07/01/15 11:57 AM

Tom. where is your music stored? I have been using a Synology NAS for the past 3 years and simply just love it. they are more expensive but I think you get what you pay for. They have a web based app called DSAudio that will stream to a DLNA devi
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Is ANYBODY streaming music through their AVR? by MarkSJohnson @ 07/01/15 11:44 AM

Crap.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Is ANYBODY streaming music through their AVR? by tomtuttle @ 07/01/15 11:36 AM

Thanks, Cork. I would be interested in your opinion of the mobile apps. The ability to control music without having the main display turned on has become one of my requirements. I played with my Roku 2XD. It also fails that test, but did provide
Stereo
Originally Posted By tomtuttleWhat kind of receiver are you using, Cork? And are you controlling playback from the receiver's remote or some other mobile device? Do you have to have your display (TV) on in order to navigate your music collection su
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by Andrew @ 07/01/15 09:46 AM

I'd like to throw in my two cents on this topic: After being in this business for over 18 years now, and being a lifelong "audiophile", I have set up hundreds of systems in all types of rooms. I have been involved in and present for the ev
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by nickbuol @ 07/01/15 09:02 AM

Originally Posted By oakvillemattI have been left wondering about diffusers, base traps, and absorption panels. In laying out a room, with too many variables it makes me wonder how would you know what, where and how many? You have your reflection
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by Serenity_Now @ 07/01/15 08:53 AM

I could not eliminate the peak/null at around 60hz in my test room by moving subs around. I tried several locations. The response didn't change enough to warrant more graph pics. -just a differing level of nullness by a few db or so. The dual setu
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by Serenity_Now @ 07/01/15 08:16 AM

To answer your dilemma, you set your speakers, treat room, then tweak your positions if need be. It's really not as hyper dynamic as it seems. The speaker response direct/off axis doesn't change, just reflections. Since your mains are omni directi
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by Serenity_Now @ 07/01/15 07:43 AM

Matt, there are guidelines for what and where. The unknowns are how many and how much (thickness/frequency coverage etc.) It really depends on the room material/furnishings (sabin/absorbtion calc.) and dimensions (volume) and intended use. These d
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by Mojo @ 07/01/15 01:37 AM

In the world of audio, there are two kinds of companies. Those who gather the dirt and those who dish the dirt. One doesn't want to be on the dishing end when the gatherers have their day.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Axiom M100v4's vs. Bryston T's??? by oakvillematt @ 06/30/15 11:57 PM

I have not heard the model T. I hear they are exceptional sounding speakers, but I think you have figured out the part of diminishing return. Are they better than the M100? I have been told yes. I know that I would not be able to hear much dif
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Axiom M100v4's vs. Bryston T's??? by Mojo @ 06/30/15 11:45 PM

I don't know about the M100s. I can only compare them to the M80v2.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Axiom M100v4's vs. Bryston T's??? by McBlueMeters @ 06/30/15 10:35 PM

Has anyone done a direct comparison? Curious if the Bryston's are worth almost triple the price. I've been thinking about buying a pair of the T's.....BUT I can't imagine they are truly that much better than the M100's.... Any input please! Thx
Hearing Things
Jump to new posts Re: Room tuning for beginners (like me) by oakvillematt @ 06/30/15 09:41 PM

I have been left wondering about diffusers, base traps, and absorption panels. In laying out a room, with too many variables it makes me wonder how would you know what, where and how many? You have your reflection points, but getting rid of them
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by oakvillematt @ 06/30/15 03:10 PM

Since apple took away iPhoto, and forced us to start using Photo's, I cannot link a face to any of my contacts. It seems that the only way to do this now it through an iPad or iPhone.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by pmbuko @ 06/30/15 02:18 PM

What's up with your computer?
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by oakvillematt @ 06/30/15 02:15 PM

I am stuck listening to the constant drone repeat of Apple's hold music as they try and figure out how to get this $3600 iMac to work like it is supposed to. Seems that they don't know how to make a better computer that works,
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by BobKay @ 06/30/15 01:22 PM

Ha! The Greeks! You're going to default next Tuesday. Fine. We'll take a vote on it the following Sunday. No, we don't want any austerity measures (too late---$70 a day from an ATM is all you get), and we still want to retire at 50 with more incom
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by exlabdriver @ 06/30/15 12:56 PM

I don't need no stinkin attention. I'm too old for that... TAM
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P. Chris Squire by BobKay @ 06/30/15 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By tomtuttle I really fear that these inevitable artistic losses over the next decade are going to be a tremendous buzzkill. You ready my mind. Well, partly. I also thought we should have a "pool." Then I thought that
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by michael_d @ 06/30/15 11:46 AM

Thanks guys! This is a learning adventure for me.... I was screwing around last with my current laptop, imagining using a pen to write on the screen. It's a downright PITA reaching across the keyboard for any involved pen work (like fratoring equatio
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by nickbuol @ 06/30/15 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By MarkSJohnsonI think it's an attention-getting tactic from TAM! Agreed. (Same happening for me too.)
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by MarkSJohnson @ 06/30/15 10:26 AM

I think it's an attention-getting tactic from TAM!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by Socketman @ 06/30/15 10:22 AM

yup
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by MarkSJohnson @ 06/30/15 10:00 AM

I'm going to seriously derail this, but I'm curious: Has anyone else found, with this thread only, that if they click to show only NEW posts in this thread, they are brought to the first post instead?
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.