AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Greg's pseudo-HT room
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 62 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13354 Members
11 Forums
23036 Topics
407364 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17828
pmbuko 16307
SirQuack 13353
CV 11362
MarkSJohnson 11030
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this review by Brad C! "Very impressed with my purchase: 2 High Powered M6...

(y) Great review from Tom H of his new surround speakers! "I love the surroun...

22 year-old Axiom System, still in showroom condition! Welcome home, old friends!

The end of a truly unique voice. RIP Joe Cocker - you were part of the soundtr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by chesseroo @ 02/21/15 10:57 PM

I may as well comment since i am also a scientist who holds a PhD....which sometimes for some people means "pretty horribly dumb" since often some forget to look at the big picture and get too focused on the minutia... Sure, there are thin
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ 02/21/15 08:15 PM

Finally watching season four of Game of Thrones since it came out on disc. There have been some particularly satisfying moments for the sick bastard in me, and what a lot of fun the audio is, like usual.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by Socketman @ 02/21/15 07:58 PM

I suspect most room correction software can take care of it smartly anyway unless your a purist and listen to 2 channel direct or dsd.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by exlabdriver @ 02/21/15 07:24 PM

Sitting in my 'sweet spot' running test noise material from my Denon AVR, I can hear the difference between my L & R M22s & my VP 160 Speaker - even though they are supposedly timbre matched. It is probably because I'm off axis with the L &a
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by Serenity_Now @ 02/21/15 06:36 PM

Hats off to the Doc. A very well presented intro to a discussion of a topic as cryptic to understand as it is to realise in an actual room. With pink noise it can be observed readily, but it is very hard with program material. I think posts like
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: fredkOriginally Posted By: BobKay... The color of "nothing at all" is always consistent. It's the exact same color as the bar. A hit of acid may fix that. Fred, you old hippie bastard! I'll bet you still have windo
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: FWIW by brwsaw @ 02/21/15 04:30 PM

Thinking about the money I would have saved doing it all myself... Ah well, it was nice to come home and not have to work on the room. I have to say, don't compromise seat locations. I fought the current layout but now that it's done the seats are e
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Right here Right now ... new Denon HT amp by brwsaw @ 02/21/15 04:06 PM

90% is a good #. Hopefully they keep AVR prices reasonable.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by exlabdriver @ 02/21/15 02:32 PM

I went back & read the whole thing & I think that my head is about to explode, ha!! My beliefs all along have been that in most HT rooms, this stuff just is not a significant factor. For those who care not to indulge in AVS, this is my 'lay
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by casey01 @ 02/21/15 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverI cringe to think where this is going to go: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1903601-how-i-learned-stop-worrying-love-comb.html Lots of reference to Axiom in there... TAM I am sure, before too long, t
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Comb Filtering - AVS Thread by exlabdriver @ 02/21/15 12:59 PM

I cringe to think where this is going to go: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1903601-how-i-learned-stop-worrying-love-comb.html Lots of reference to Axiom in there... TAM
The Water Cooler
Originally Posted By: BobKay... The color of "nothing at all" is always consistent. It's the exact same color as the bar. A hit of acid may fix that.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Somewhere in Murphland... by fredk @ 02/21/15 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanOriginally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonMaybe I should build a non-square theater in my backyard snow? Awesome idea. When you're done, keep spraying it with the garden hose until you build up a good layer of ice, then cove
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Receiver for digital sources in zone 2? by fredk @ 02/21/15 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: tomtuttle... I'm generally opposed to AVS, but with your recommendation I will give it a go... Tom. I generally view AVS like a pasture. You just need to avoid the sometimes over plentiful cow paddies and stick to the good bi
Technical Questions
found this intersting dts-x vid on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uulbbswKy6c
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.