Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Who's Online
2 registered (Joe_in_SC, Rock), 28 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,379 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,193 Topics
410,650 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17920
pmbuko 16349
SirQuack 13357
CV 11460
MarkSJohnson 11185
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Mojo @ 07/24/15 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By newfYou need a volume control on the unit, I don't understand why there isn't. Mom/girlfriend/child etc are all going to want to turn it up or down "easily". That's EXACTLY why we don't want hard buttons :-). When these buttons
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by newf @ 07/24/15 06:44 PM

You need a volume control on the unit, I don't understand why there isn't. Mom/girlfriend/child etc are all going to want to turn it up or down "easily". No Master Volume is just weird. Two simple flat buttons for up/dwn is all that is needed. I love
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Mojo @ 07/24/15 05:47 PM

Andrew, the volume control and LEDs sound like cost, lead-time and MTBF hits to me with little added value. My UI is my phone or tablet so why do I need this extra hardware? The maximum volume level setting may be useful for some but I will never us
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by MarkSJohnson @ 07/24/15 04:00 PM

These all sound (sic) great, Ian! I'm looking forward to it more than ever! I love the idea of the 3.5mm jack in back for a cleaner look! Not to be forward, but will the features that have been added all go into the non-amp, non-speaker version as
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Andrew @ 07/24/15 03:40 PM

Ok...now that I _think_ I have covered off all of the outstanding questions, how about some feature additions and updates? Volume control: There is a physical volume control knob on the bottom front of the unit behind an access door. This is the sa
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Andrew @ 07/24/15 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By newfHow much weight does the battery pack add? Are you going to release a stand for it? would be nice to have a stand with some matching wood accents on it. Hi newf, Each battery pack weighs approximately 2 pounds. We will n
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Andrew @ 07/24/15 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By jmoneIs there easy access to physically get to the Pi if needed (for maint / upgraded units etc)? Hi jmone, The Pi and DAC can be accessed by taking out four screws and removing an access panel on the bottom of the AxiomAir. T
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Mojo @ 07/24/15 03:12 PM

Thank you for taking the time out to answer the questions, Andrew. Very useful info.
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Andrew @ 07/24/15 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By MojoAndrew or Ian, can you reveal a bit more info: - At 1:20 into the video, I spied an inverted dust cap on the woofer. At other parts of the video, I saw the regular dust cap. I'm excited at the prospect of an inverted dust ca
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Mojo @ 07/24/15 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By AndrewOriginally Posted By newfwhat about heat? how is the unit dealing with heat? just vents? My apologies for not being active in this thread over the past couple of weeks...we have been VERY busy working on AxiomAir! The po
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Andrew @ 07/24/15 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By newfwhat about heat? how is the unit dealing with heat? just vents? My apologies for not being active in this thread over the past couple of weeks...we have been VERY busy working on AxiomAir! The power amplifier and its power
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by chesseroo @ 07/24/15 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By Wid I find ribs pretty easy. I normally do baby backs with the 2-2--1 method and spares or St. Louis 3-2-1. Sometimes I spritz some times I don't. If anything I tend to over cook and get fall off the bone ribs. I've found that's
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by Wid @ 07/24/15 02:01 PM

The last time I did beef ribs they were a bit tough. Still trying to figure them out.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by Ken.C @ 07/24/15 01:54 PM

I've not had issue with doing pork ribs on my rotisserie on the grill, but beef ribs are hard.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by Wid @ 07/24/15 01:50 PM

I find ribs pretty easy. I normally do baby backs with the 2-2--1 method and spares or St. Louis 3-2-1. Sometimes I spritz some times I don't. If anything I tend to over cook and get fall off the bone ribs. I've found that's what most people love w
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.